2017-05-16: Everbuddy Sang

From Dream Chasers
Jump to: navigation, search


DG: Claude C. Kenny has created a party! To join, type +party/reset and then type +party/join Claude C. Kenny.
DG: Catenna has joined your party!
DG: A party led by Claude C. Kenny is now entering Barfight (Filgaia).
DG: Party formation is now over. An Entry Challenge will now be drawn and displayed to the party.
========================<* CHALLENGE - Cutting Words *>=========================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 It begins the way that it always begins in Filgaia's many saloons. A          
 Drifter, wearing a cowboy hat and with more liquid courage than sense, makes  
 an estimation about the legitimacy of another Drifter's ancestry and the      
 nature of their mother's relations with various barnyard animals. The room    
 goes quiet. A fist is raised. If you move quickly, you can get out of the     
 way before the first bottle or bullet flies.                                  
=Dungeon Conditions: Stupify==================================================
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Heeveral hours ago, in an attempt to convince him not to die, Ida Everstead-Rey may have intimated that Claude C. Kenny was not capable of soloing a raid boss. Naturally, he responded to this int he most mature and sophisticated way possible, i.e., stomping off in a huff. After getting off the train, Claude immediately headed to a bar. And then another bar. At the third bar, he seems to recall picking up several friends (or at least people who are drinking with him, which is the same thing). At this fourth bar, however, the tables have turned.

"Mn, whrt KINEOF rnme z 'The Venmus Seep' furrabar, anyway?" he asks, semi-incoherently. He is attempting to ask his pocket for the answers when he is suddenly bumped in the back by a man edging away from an immiment bar fight; Claude responds int he most mature and sophisticated way possible, i.e., by kicking him in the butt toward the about-to-be-a-fight.

He is helping.

DG: Claude C. Kenny has used his Tool Tricorder toward his party's challenge, Cutting Words.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Most of the time, Catenna doesn't come into town. But she had to get out of her tent. Her conversation with Riesenlied made everything there feel too depressing and - in an odd way, for her - too lonely.

It's why she's found herself a seat at one end of the bar, where she's picking half-heartedly at some manner of stew. She's donned the outfit she's usually a little embarrassed about: Shorts, vest, high boots. It draws attention but in some ways it's comforting that it does.

And then something else draws attention. namely, Claude C. Kenny kicking someone in the ass.

Slowly, Catenna looks up from her food. The dusky-skinned woman blinks and raises her eyebrows at the sight of the familiar blonde man - who appears completely shitfaced, judging from appearances.

Gingerly, she begins to inch her way down the bar - away from Claude. Nope, not touching that, she decides. Nope nope nope.

DG: Catenna has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Cutting Words.
<Pose Tracker> Lunata Croze has posed.

The Starfall Saloon was the second bar Claude attended, back when he was... well, he was probably a little more capable of forming sentences. But when he departed to go pubcrawl further down High Street, he left his jacket at his seat, probably not particularly of a mind to tuck up despite the... well, okay, who wears a jacket given Filgaia's shitty all-year-round arid weather anyway? Regardless.

"Um, Mister Claude!" the white-haired waitress bursts in through the front, carrying the article of clothing. A pause, as she stares towards what's going on.

Waitress sense can tell her /everything/.

She iiiiiinches back...

<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna Manydays was new in town. No one could deny this. What they didn't know was that she wasn't just new to the town, but to the entire planet - though that was a fact she hadn't quite come to grasp or understand yet.

Though she'd usually come accompanied by a number of her crew, today she's alone. She figured it'd probably be a good idea to get a feel for the area before bringing in a bunch of scoundrels.

Of course, come to find out when she enters the bar she had her eyes on - what a charming name! - it's full up with scoundrels of all kinds.

A grin spreads across her face. Ah. She felt right at home here. Except for her clothes, she fit right in.

She's been there for a time, when she notices something that would be obvious to anyone who frequented such locations -

A fight was about to break out.

She snickers to herself and moves aside, taking note of her surroundings for anything she could use as an improvised weapon.

What, do you think she was just going to try and stay out of it?

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Cutting Words.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has failed this challenge! The party gained 2 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Lunata escapes at the same time as the Venomous Sheep's bartender takes the expensive liquor off the shelf. Their training has served them well.

The first punch is thrown by Medium Dave (so called because he is bigger than Little Dave and smaller than Big Dave) at Stevey Sideways (so called because he is typically so drunk he moves faster sideways than forward or backwards). The second is thrown my Big Dave (the aforementioned) at Little Dave (sic.), whom CLaude just kicked in the ass. The third punch hits a bottle of beer, which begins spilling across the bar toward Catenna.

The melee begins in earnest more or less immediately.

DG: Catenna has drawn a new Challenge.
=========================<* CHALLENGE - Clingy Coward *>=========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aihu16RyYp8                              
                                                                               
 Some people in here are not Drifters. Some are hiding under tables, crying,   
 and hoping they can get out. Some are Drifters, though, and doing that. This  
 is positively shameful. And it doesn't matter, because this one is hugging    
 onto you and will not let go. Shake them off!                                 
=Dungeon Conditions: Slow, Weaken=============================================
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Catenna sliiiinks towards the far edge of the bar and attempts to slip out the back door.

There's the sound of flesh smacking flesh.

The back door flies open again and a body comes hurtling through. It's a man with slicked-back black hair and he's tumbling as if thrown. Not far behind him is a blushing, furious-looking Catenna.

She's broken up before she can reach the man again as the fighting starts in earnest. The Daves start throwing down hands. It's ugly. Setting her jaw, a blushing Catenna squints through the melee towards Claude, then tosses her head and begins to wade in his direction, letting Grabby Jay off the hook for the time being. "Can we at least /try/ to get out of here before this becomes a farce," she asks huffily.

Then she stumbles, suddenly. She turns and widens her eyes.

Only to find that someone else has grabbed onto her.

"PLEASE LADY TAKE ME OUTTA HERE," blubbers Blubberin' Bill, latching onto Catenna's leg and bawling uncontrollably. She blinks and attempts to shake him off without actually hurting him.

"NOOOOO don't let me go I gotta get outta here pleeeeease," blubbers the big red-faced Drifter as he attempts to latch on to Claude too.

DG: Catenna has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Clingy Coward.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

...Huh. There were...surprisingly few weapons around here. Oh well, she could always procure her own.

Layna reaches into her coat, pulling out a bottle of fine drink. She uncorks it and downs the lot before stumbling over to where some fellow was making a fool of himself by clinging to some of the patrons.

Unlike Catenna, Layna has no such reservations against getting a little rough. The bottle is flipped over in her hands and brought down in an attempt to render the man unconscious.

Whether or not she succeeds, she then reaches into her coat once more, pulling out another bottle and offering it to Claude and Catenna.

"Drink?" She offers with a smirk.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Quartermaster's Stash toward her party's challenge, Clingy Coward.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude blinks owlishly at Catenna. "Huh?" he asks. (Of note, his breath has probably been better.) "Nah, nah, 'scool," he mutters. "'ese guys're..." The young blonde breaks off his probably useless explanation to duck under a chair swung at his head with considerable force; his face shifts into a snarl as he seeks a weapon of his own.

He spots Blubberin' Bill. And smiles.

Three seconds later, Claude C. Kenny - holding the wailing drifter firmly by both ankles - begins swinging Bill around him like a massive two-handed probably-wetting-himself sword. "HekYAH!" he answers Layna with a big smile, removing one of his hands to grab the proffered bottle and pull back a swig.

He is still swinging Bill one-handed at this point. Apparently Claude doesn't skip arm day.

DG: Claude C. Kenny has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Clingy Coward.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has failed this challenge! The party gained 2 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

"I would... prefer not to," Catenna answers Layna with a rapid blink, before shaking her leg again and attempting to rid herself of big blubberin' Blubberin' Bill. Considering he's about as buff as two Catennas put together, she's not very successful.

Claude C. Kenny has more success with it. He hoists Blubberin' Bill off the ground and twirls.

He twirls something else as well.

"Oh nooooo~," Catenna gasps before she lets out a shriek as Claude whips Bill around - with him still clinging to her leg. She wheels around in big circles, colliding with a couple of drifters before being jarred loose and crashing through a table headfirst. Her legs twitch in the air.

"I hate Ignas," she says weakly.

DG: Layna Manydays has drawn a new Challenge.
=====================<* CHALLENGE - Navigate the Crowd *>=====================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 Moving through the crowd is hard. They surge and struggle, punches flying     
 and friends dropping. But, here and there, like breaks in the storm, there    
 is a gap. It is less about reflexes and more about noticing those openings,   
 then diving for them. You can get through the brawl, if you are careful.      
=Dungeon Conditions: Slow, Wound==============================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna frowns somewhat when Catenna rejects her offer, but the smirk is right back on her face when Claude snatches the bottle out of her hand and starts spinning some dude around like he was nothing.

"Now there's a lad I can agree with." She says with a chuckle.

And then...Catenna goes flying.

Welp.

With a sigh, Layna starts moving in the direction she had seen Catenna fly off to.

It's a little difficult, though. The antics seem to only be riling up the crowd further.

Catenna wasn't the only thing flying, either. Bottles, Bills, bumpkins, fists...and especially insults.

Some things are said that were best not repeated by...anyone, really. Sometimes, those are the most dangerous

"It always like this out here?" She asks. She sounds more amused than anything.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Navigate the Crowd.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude C. Kenny - now sans Bill - slides in between the thrashing legs of a pair of fighters toward where Catenna is lying; he reaches down to offer her a hand up. He is sporting a mouse under his left eye that will surely grow into a full-blown shiner in a few hours, where an inadvertent knee clipped him. "Man, you fly good!" he says, taking a swig from the bottle before passing it back toward Layna. "Nalways," he mumbles. "Someti--" He belches. "--re's cow crap."

The young man scans the room quickly, then gestures vaguely in the direction of the kitchens. "Over'r mi b'good," Claude mutters, then begins trying to make his way through the crowd. He pauses briefly to pull a small object out of his pocket, fiddle with it, and shove it back in, after which point weird music appears to be coming from some part of the bar. Which is weird, because this place didn't have a band, did it?

What will we do with a drunken sailor?

What will we do with a drunken sailor?

What will we do with a drunken sailor?

Early in the morning!

Way hay and up she rises,

Way hay and up she rises,y hay and up she rises,

Early in the morning!

Shave his belly with a rusty razor,

Shave his belly with a rusty razor

Shave his belly with a rusty razor,

Early in the morning!

DG: Claude C. Kenny has used his Tool Tricorder toward his party's challenge, Navigate the Crowd.
Lunata Croze heads over to Gounon.
Lunata Croze has left.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Catenna twitches for another moment before flopping forward, her legs hitting the ground.

Rolling to her knees with a wince, the priestess in the brief shorts rubs at her head with both hands, exhaling heavily through her nose. For a moment she mutters to herself under her breath in a language not of this world.

Claude's offering is accepted, and she nods gratefully as she eases to her feet - but then he says something incredibly drunk and stupid, and her eyelids lower slightly. "You appear to be, how do you say, 'drunk as the skunk,'" she says in her thick accent.

Then the fighting thickens and the singing starts. Opening her mouth to say something, Catenna finally just closes it and sighs, burying her head in her hands, ducking low and attempting to just wriggle and wade her way through the throng of bargoers while that damned infernal song plays.

"Hate this hate this hate this hate this," she repeats under her breath, like a mantra.

DG: Catenna has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Navigate the Crowd.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has passed this challenge! The party gained 12 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Claude C. Kenny has drawn a new Challenge.
=====================<* CHALLENGE - Broom-Wielding Local *>=====================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 Someone standing on a table has decided that he is a master of the Sweeping   
 Broom Style, which no self-respecting country doctor would ever practice.     
 The danger, of course, is not his skill. Rather, his inebriation has led him  
 to feel he is a master of his craft, and he will challenge any who come at    
 him. Such as, in this case, you. He leaps off a table, broomhandle flying     
 for your face!                                                                
=Dungeon Conditions: Wound, Bad Luck==========================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna nods in understanding when Claude speaks.

"Ah? Do tell." She says. She was...probably just playing along, and not actually interested in cow leavings.

And then she hears a song, and laughs. She doesn't question where it comes from. Maybe she just thinks its playing inside her head. It was hard to tell how much she'd actually drunk, though she's still surprisingly coherent.

She glances towards Catenna with a grin.

"Aye, aye. Great, isn't it? Growin' lad's gotta have his fun every now and then." She says, nodding towards Claude.

"An' what about you, lass? This don't seem like your scene...though you're dressed for it. Expanding horizons?" She asks, looking back at Catenna and looking her up and down.

It's not good to stay in one place for too long in a situation like this, so Layna gets moving too. Surprisingly, the group's movement is fairly unimpeded - perhaps all of the other patrons are surprised by the sudden musical accompaniment.

<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

"YER drinkn skunks," Claude C. Kenny says to Catenna, his face slowly setting into a frown. That was a mean thing for her to say about him, after all. Man, he just doesn't like her fa--

"Ooh, steak!" Claude breaks off, purloining a large T-bone from where it had been left by a waitress who has presumably run for the local constabulary. He shoves half of it into his mouth and starts chewing, when--

"INFIDEL!"

Claude turns, to spot a man in nothing but a loincloth and a broom, glaring at him angrily. "My name is Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif, and I cannot be captured!" He roars. "I will swing my mighty scimitar at your head rather then suffer the indignity of DEFEAT!"

"assa broom," Claude points out, not unreasonably.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" shrieks Habib Khalid Achmed Allafif, who leaps from the table and brings the broom handle down. Claude brings his hands together in a classic shirahado--

  • THWACK*

The broom handle smacks into the face of Claude C. Kenny, who looks stunned by the blow. H.K.A.Allafif draws the stick back for another strike.

DG: Claude C. Kenny has used his Tool Pocket Steak toward his party's challenge, Broom-Wielding Local.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

"I prefer the kind of fun where I can see straight and stand up," Catenna mutters with a look back at Layna. "And I do not... like to get into fights. This is not what I do with my day." The comment about her dress leaves her blushing deeply, but she doesn't say anything specifically to it.

And then a man with a brookstick jumps them.

In a loincloth.

Catenna stops in her tracks. She opens her mouth, then closes it.

"Why is he wearing a loincloth," she says blankly.

She cups her hands over her eyes and bows her head. "/Why is he wearing a loincloth,/" she repeats before lapsing into Zortroan. "</Why is everything so stupid./ /Why./ //What.// ///Why.///>"

One long groan later, she finally reaches back over her shoulder.

At which point she grabs her shotgun, turns that sucker around, winds up like a major league batter, and attempts to slam the gun into the Notorious HKAA butt-first.

Slam it into his loincloth zone.

"</Why is everything so stupid,/>" she grouses again in her own language.

DG: Catenna has used her Tool Shrapnel Shell toward her party's challenge, Broom-Wielding Local.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

"Can respect that, I suppose, but you gotta live sometime." Layna responds with a nod. "Dahlia's the same way. Strange, since she loves the drink much as it loves her." She says with a shrug and a chuckle. She doesn't elaborate on who or what this Dahlia is, but she doesn't get a chance to - because suddenly, a man appears, a man with a mighty...broom...?

Well, this was something. Layna had to wonder if this man had come here dressed like that, or if he'd just lost his clothes at some point? Honestly, in a place like this anything was starting to seem possible...or maybe that was just the alcohol talking.

"Aye? That so? How's about a second opinion?" She says. She takes bottle Claude had so kindly given back to her and hurls it right towards his face.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Combat Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Broom-Wielding Local.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has passed this challenge! The party gained 7 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

H.K.A.Allafif takes a bottle in the face, which sets him reeling, after which Catenna crushes him right in the, if you will pardon the language, might scimitar.

He topples. FIve seconds later, Claude's hands clap together. "HA!" he barks. "GODDUM"

DG: Catenna has drawn a new Challenge.
=========================<* CHALLENGE - Table Jumping *>=========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 The brawl fills the floor, but you see a way out in your attempt to move. If  
 you jump on the tables and hop across a few, you can duck past brawl that     
 has collectively fallen over to punch and kick itself. But, if you miss, you  
 will be back on the floor with an angry mass of people.                       
=Dungeon Conditions: Injure===================================================
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

"Wearing a loincloth that brief is absolutely haram," Catenna declares as she slings her shotgun back over her shoulder, planting her hands at her hips. She is /really/ blushing now.

The barfight continues to ebb and flow around the trio. At this point the Daves are duking it out with the Franks, the Alans are duking it out with the Jerries, and Blubbering Bill has attempted to latch on to Grabby Jay in a horrendously inappropriate circuit of clutching and grabbing. The melee floods through the tavern, creating a mess between the three and the door.

Sighing, Catenna pushes her hands through her hair and looks towards Layna. "I do not know who Dahlia is," she admits. "But I prefer to live in different ways.

"I prefer to get high."

At which point she uncoils the length of rope hiding in her--

--Huh. Where /did/ she hide a length of rope?

She isn't telling /you,/ joker. What she /is/ doing is casting the grappling hook towards the rafters, latching on, and proceeding to swing over the crowd like Spider-Diva.

DG: Catenna has used her Tool Grappling Hook toward her party's challenge, Table Jumping.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude looks up at the sight of the crowd. Dang, this place should have a chandelier he could swing off of, that would be great. But then Catenna pulls out a grappling hook and casts it toward the rafters, which is an /amazing/ idea. TO show his appreciation, Claude waits until the exact moment she winds up to swing, and then wraps his arms around her waist so she can carry him too.

"Thanks!" he says brightly, then gasps. "OHMAN swinging gotta do this," he says, then sucks in a deep breath.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAIAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAIAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Tarzan would be proud. Catenna, less so.

<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Catenna ends up swinging low enough that her heels kick several Drifters in the head as Claude's weight drags her down the robe. She gasps but can't let go of the rope.

"Can you not put your hands there!!" she insists urgently.

<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna laughs and slaps Claude on the back. He had certainly recovered quickly after being smacked in the face with a broom. His enthusiasm was definitely amusing...but then again, in his state it was probably hard not to be enthusiastic.

She turns back to Catenna and is about to make a comment, when something she said gives her pause.

Did she just make a joke?

"Maybe there's still a chance we can get along yet..." Layna comments with a chuckle. She proceeds to follow Catenna, though mercifully she does not do so by grabbing onto Catenna like Claude did.

Instead, she jumps on top of the tables and leaps from each rather nimbly. It was all due to her experience jumping onto enemy ships. The building was even swaying just like it would at sea...

...Come to think of it, that was probably just the drink.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Table Jumping.
DG: Not everyone in the party has acted yet. +act/complete can only be used once the whole party has acted.
DG: Claude C. Kenny has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Table Jumping.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has passed this challenge! The party gained 17 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Layna Manydays has drawn a new Challenge.
====================<* CHALLENGE - Hurled Beer Bottles *>=====================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 Thrown items are a constant in the barroom blitzes of Filgaia. Some would     
 never throw a punch, but staying on the sidelines, they will gladly hurl      
 glass bottles at people. But some of them are still sealed, with alcohol      
 inside. If you can catch instead of dodge, you get a free drink!              
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure=================================================
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

A few Drifters topple over as Catenna's heels hit them. So do Claude's. The man's weight eventually drags the priestess off the rope; she tumbles to the ground with a gasp, ending up sprawled out on her stomach.

Claude lands on top of her like a ton of bricks. The air rushes out of her lungs as she's flattened.

"Ow," she groans thinly.

<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

When Layna touches down again, it's in a chair next to the pile of bodies that is Claude and Catenna. She leans back, arm draped around the back of the chair.

"Aye, aye, those were good moves, but maybe do with a little less of the falling next time?" She comments, chuckling to herself. Immediately after this, a bottle goes flying past her head, almost knocking her hat off. It does clip her ear, but the former was the greater injustice.

"Alright, which one o' you louts threw that? Fess up!" She warns, standing from her chair. Perhaps predictably, this draws a bit of attention to their side of the room...and now even more bottles are being hurled in their direction.

With a smirk, Layna reaches out to grab one. Might as well try to impress.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Hurled Beer Bottles.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude is pretty solidly built, which is unsurprising given some of the crap he was pulling earlier. "Bart wudda held on," he groans before pushing himself to his feet, swaying --

-- dodging! --

Bottles begin flying at Claude C. Kenny, who doesn't have to think in order to start moving, his drunken body responding according to the way his mother and sifu, Ilia Silvestri, taught him so long ago.

//SO LONG AGO//

"IF YOU CAN DODGE A WRENCH YOU CAN DODGE A FIST CLAUDE"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

"IF YOU CAN DODGE TEN WRENCHES, YOU CAN---"

"/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH/"

DG: Claude C. Kenny has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Hurled Beer Bottles.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Catenna, meanwhile, stays down. She just stays the hell down. She does glance over her shoulder at Layna, lowering her eyelids slightly, before finally just sighing and keeping her head down as the bottles begin to fly. With a tug, she reels her grappling hook back in.

Claude starts screaming and dodging bottles. A dull pain begins to pound in Catenna's frontal lobe.

A bottle hits the ground next to her. She sighs and pushes slowly to her feet, holding her rope in both hands. Bottles whistle past her. She steps out into the open.

And she whirls her grappling hook - but doesn't cast it. She spins it around like a propeller. The hook end whistles through the air, the whirling rope whipped back and forth almost like a spinning shield. Bottles hit the rope and hook and smash in midair, deflecting away.

"I am getting very, very tired of this!" she shouts as her rope smashes through an entire keg.

DG: Catenna has used her Tool Grappling Hook toward her party's challenge, Hurled Beer Bottles.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has passed this challenge! The party gained 17 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Claude C. Kenny has drawn a new Challenge.
=====================<* CHALLENGE - Enraged Symbologist *>======================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 A Symbologist is in the crowd and someone asked her the worst question in     
 the world: "What dumbass lets someone draw on them?" Her brow furrowed, fire  
 and rage in her eyes, she is looking for a fight. She spots you - and with a  
 flash of her symbols, a swirling magical circle, she sends a lightning bolt   
 flying in your direction!                                                     
=Dungeon Conditions: Tire=====================================================
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

"Srsly," Claude C. Kenny grumbles as he leans against the bar to hopefully make the world stop spinning. THis whole bar fight business is---

"IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT!" scremas a nearby Symbologist, who fires a bolt of flashing electricity at Claude, who holds his hands up in the air to block---

---the bolt smashes intot he half-eaten steak he's been carrying for the past minute and a half, cooking the medium-rare into a decent medium-well. Claude blinks at it, then smiles. "Mmmmmmmmmmm lectric steeeeeeeak," he sighs, then shoves it in his mouth. The Symbologist, meanwhile, is chanting again.

DG: Claude C. Kenny has used his Tool Pocket Steak toward his party's challenge, Enraged Symbologist.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

A bottle lands in Layna's hand, just as expect. With a smirk, she takes a swing of the liquid inside. Not exactly the smartest thing to do when you had no idea what was actually inside, but...well, it /looked/ impressive, at least, and that was the important thing. Sometimes, being Captain meant acting the part!

Claude, meanwhile, is doing some pretty impressive dodges. If this were being filmed, they'd probably add some cool slow-motion effect alongside his...

Screaming?

Well, okay, they'd probably dub that over with something a little more impressive.

Meanwhile, the only sensible one of the crew doesn't even give the bottles a chance to get close. This was probably for the best, really. 'Venomous Sheep' is not exactly the name of a place that'd tend to have high-quality alcohol...not that it was stopping Claude or Layna. The latter had no excuse, really, having brought her own.

<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Someone starts hurling lightning at Claude C. Kenny. Catenna opens her mouth and blinks, watching the drunken man somehow throw a steak into a lightning bolt, cook it and eat it. Her eyes widen with disbelief. She stares at Layna as if to ask her if she saw that.

Frustration is mounting nevertheless. "This place is ridiculous," she growls under her breath as she reaches into her pocket for a handful of shotgun shells. "It is /ridiculous!/ I should--"

She trails off. With an angry venting of breath, she darts forward - and she hurls the shotgun shells into the symbologist's face. They're harmless. They'll bounce off.

What they will do is distract the symbologist while Catenna suddenly and inexplicably jumps into short-range combat.

"SO-OVER-THIS SHIT PUUUNCH," she shouts irrationally as she attempts to uppercut the symbologist into oblivion. Or at least into the rafters.

DG: Catenna has used her Tool Shrapnel Shell toward her party's challenge, Enraged Symbologist.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna feels her skin tingle as the room lights up with a bolt of electricity, that strikes...

A steak? Well, that was one way to handle it, she supposes.

She glances towards Catenna as well, and the grin on her face confirms that yes, that totally happened.

That didn't change the fact that there was still an angry symobologist on the loose. She's about to close the distance, but surprisingly, Catenna's the one that gets there first.

"Nice form. You trained?" Layna asks with a nod of approval, strolling up beside Catenna with a pat on the shoulder.

She doesn't actually even try to attack the symbologist instead. She's mainly just there to catch them on the way down so they don't have a rather nasty collision with the floor...if they even did come back down, that was.

She doesn't consider the possibility that the symbologist may actually land on /her/ head instead of in her arms, though.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Combat Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Enraged Symbologist.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has passed this challenge! The party gained 12 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Symbologists of this school apparently do not train to resist any sort of physical attack, not even shotgun shells to the face. And screaming uppercuts even less so.

Catenna's SHORYUKEN sends the poor caster flying and then lands gently in Layna's arms. Claude C. Kenny continues to chew electric steak, his hair ghosting slightly upward. "AWRSM," he says through a mouthful of charged beef. "WHSNX?"

DG: Catenna has drawn a new Challenge.
======================<* CHALLENGE - Completely Full Keg *>======================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 One of the massive, completely full kegs from the bar's taproom has been      
 loosed. It rolls through the middle of the saloon, crushing furniture and     
 scattering Drifters like so much kindling. It must be stopped, before it      
 hurts someone - or escaped! But, perhaps a sufficient display of force can    
 bring it to a halt or shatter it.                                             
=Dungeon Conditions: Stupify==================================================
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Wincing, Catenna shakes her hand briskly after delivering the punch. "No, I am not," she answers Layna tightly, her voice pinched with mild pain. Cradling the wrist, she hops down from the tabletop she ended up on and turns to head for the door.

And then a shout comes from the end of the room. Over on the other side, the bartender is grappling with Blubberin' Bill.

"PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME HERE," blubbers big blubbering Billy, clinging to the bar man's leg for dear life as the bartender dances around trying to shake him off.

"God, c'mon, Bill! Quit don' this!!" the bartender finally shouts - and with a kick, successfully hurls Blubberin' Bill off his leg. The big buff blubbering buffoon bobbles through the air...

...and crashes into a pile of kegs. Several of them tumble downwards... and begin to roll through the bar. A number of Drifters are quickly tripped up. Two of them rumble towards Claude, Layna and Catenna.

"Oh, for the love of Celesdue," Catenna sighs - and then attempts to just kick one of the damn barrels as hard as she can.

DG: Catenna has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Completely Full Keg.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude C. Kenny advances forward.

The young blonde fighter takes two steps past Catenna, moving with the deceptive and inexorable speed of an avalanche. The consumption of the electrically-charged steak, combined with earlier exertions, has caused Claude to achieve the state long sought after by drunken college students, but seldom achieved. His pupils narrow and then seem to shatter in his mind's eye as he attains that moment of perfect clarity where adrenaline, blood alcohol content and meet stomach content are in perfect alignment, elevating his consciousness beyond drunkenness. It is not quite sobriety. It is something else entirely.

--<BEER MODE>--

Claude's right foot reaches forward and touches down as he sets himself in front of one of the approaching barrels, chi blazing off his body in a sudden rush. He twists the leading foot, and squeals erupt from the planking beneath his foot as it is twisted beyond recognition, shattered under the force of Claude C. Kenny's gathering will. He draws his body backward, coiling the springs of his muscules, hovering poised for a moment before surging forward in a screaming headbutt.

"PEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAR INTO PEACHES!"

He may have slurred that a bit.

<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Ah. Well, it was still a pretty good punch. Layna chuckles and sets the symbologist on one of the tables, when...something happens.

Layna doesn't see where they're coming from, but there they are. Kegs are rolling across the floor, threatening to trip up anyone in their way. She doesn't quite approve of this notion.

"Oh, that what you want?" She mutters, stepping out of the way of one of the kegs.

She reaches into her coat, once more pulling out of a set of drinks. One is kept for her, while another is tossed towards Claude - hopefully he's in any situation to catch it! - and the last one is offered to Catenna, or set down next to the symbologist if it is refused again.

And then, she hauls a fist back...and punches one of the barrels outright.

It probably would've been more effective if she brought her weapons out for that, but then again that might cause another problem entirely.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Quartermaster's Stash toward her party's challenge, Completely Full Keg.
DG: Not everyone in the party has acted yet. +act/complete can only be used once the whole party has acted.
DG: Not everyone in the party has acted yet. +act/complete can only be used once the whole party has acted.
DG: Claude C. Kenny has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Completely Full Keg.
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has failed this challenge! The party gained 14 exploration! If anyone needs to use party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

The power of BEER MODE is not to be stopped. Claude hurls a violent kick towards one of the kegs. It shatters, spilling beer across the bar floor - but at least he doesn't get run over.

Catenna has less luck. Her kick of power... bounces off the keg. At which point it sweeps her other leg out from under her as it rolls by, and she lets out a little squeak as she tumbles over it, landing on her back with her arms out at her sides, staring at the ceiling. She even lands in the Claude-spawned puddle. Beer seeps into her hair.

"It is days like this that I dislike Adlehyde very strong," she says clinically to the rafters.

DG: Layna Manydays has drawn a new Challenge.
======================<* CHALLENGE - Anger Management *>======================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 Unfortunately, the push of the crowd has shoved several fighters around you.  
 These are, perhaps, especially offended. They have drawn ARMs - and the       
 sheriff is nowhere in sight. Perhaps, before you unleash your sorceries,      
 techniques, and own ARMs, you can take another measure. Perhaps, you can      
 calm them down - whether with clever words, a clever escape, or some other    
 plan. After all, one of them is swinging around some manner of Metal Demon    
 Wars-era chainsaw baseball bat.                                               
=Dungeon Conditions: Stupify==================================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna's punch splits one barrel, but there's no time to punch all of them. She's forced back, back to where Catenna and Claude currently are.

Unfortunately, it is at this point that an accusative finger is pointed at Claude.

"Hey, that's the guy that kicked me right in the patoot!"

"No one says that anymore, Dave!"

At this point no one remembers who actually started the fight, but everyone's glad to have someone they can turn on, despite the particular phrasing used, to keep the fight going - really, this was going great, and the place wasn't nearly as wrecked as it should be.

They then start to swarm around them, blocking off the obvious exits.

"Now, what d'you have to say fer yourselves?" One of the men asks threateningly, patting some manner of ridiculous weapon in his hand.

Layna, for her part, doesn't actually say anything. Instead, she leaps onto a table and retrieves the telescope from her waist and extends it.

She gazes over the crowd, looking for something - a distraction or a potential exit. Something useful, hopefully.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Captain's Telescope toward her party's challenge, Anger Management.
<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude C. Kenny staggers, unable to hold on to BEER MODE now that he is drenched in the stuff. "Ugh," he groans, then looks up and sees... a whole bunch of Daves. Big, Little, Medium, and even Not Actually Dave, wielding the fiercest ARM Claude has seen since arriving on Cow Patty Planet. He raises, his fists, preparing to fight, but then his tricorder, which has been cycling through Claude's music library, completes the Vatu Bandari song which everyone in his Academy band got super into even though the Vatu Bandari have voices pitched too high for human hearing, and goes to---

- I've paid my dues -

"OH MAN I LOVE THIS SONG!" Claude shouts.

- Time after time -}

"C'mon, EVERBUDDY SANG!"

- I've done my sentence -

He tries to get one of the Daves to use his molotov cocktail as a lighter, swaying back and forth.

- But committed no crime -

DG: Claude C. Kenny has used his Tool Tricorder toward his party's challenge, Anger Management.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Sitting up from the beer puddle, a dripping Catenna boosts herself back up. She winces and tries to shake out her hair. Beer drips from it. It's sticky and unpleasant.

Then the Daves flock. Accusations are levied. Fingers are pointed.

And a man begins to sing.

Catenna opens her mouth slightly. Closes it again.

Then she holds up her hands at her sides and shrugs deeply, rolling her eyes. "I wash my hands of this whole affair," she says as she edges off to one side in the hopes of not getting shot.

DG: Catenna has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Anger Management.
DG: Layna Manydays is too exhausted to continue!
DG: Claude C. Kenny is too exhausted to continue!
DG: Catenna is too exhausted to continue!
DG: The party has failed this challenge! All party members are now Exhausted. Your party can no longer continue and is forced to retreat!
DG: The party led by Claude C. Kenny has been fully Exhausted by Barfight (Filgaia)!
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

The crowd...actually seems pretty swept up into Claude's song! So swept up they don't even notice Catenna trying to escape. Layna even stops, lowering her telescope to listen. It is soon reattached to her belt.

Patrons are putting arms around each other's shoulders and drunkly slurring the lyrics to the song, but eventually...one of the Daves - the one Claude is trying to coach, in fact - gets a little too into it.

With an excited 'Whoo!' he throws his hands up.

...The hand holding the molotov cocktail.

The flaming bottle goes flying, landing into a corner of the Venomous Sheep where a bunch of alchol has been spilled.

Layna stares.

"Welp." She says, reaching into her coat and pulling out another bottle. She downs the lot, then looks to Claude.

"Maybe best we bounced, lad. Don't wanna be around when the law shows up." She says. And then, she turns, leaping off the table and using the heads of the patrons as springboards to make her way to the exit before the entire place burned down.

<Pose Tracker> Claude C. Kenny has posed.

Claude C. Kenny blinks.

"Thas....rel good idea," he says, throwing an arm around Layna. "Yer smart. SO smart."

<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

The bar goes up in flames. Catenna stops at the edge of it all.

With a groan, she attempts to just sprint straight through the crowd of Drifters towards the exit. She gets jostled and punched a few times for her trouble, before staggering along under the outflux of Drifters towards the exit. Eventually, though, she erupts out the front door.

She looks back towards Claude and Layna. Finds them... embracing. Rolls her eyes. Tries to take a step.

Stumbles.

"OH MY GOD IT WAS GONNA BURN DOWN PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME," wails Blubberin' Bill from his spot around her right leg.

Catenna rubs her temples with two fingers.

<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

"I know, lad, I know. That's why I'm the Captain, see?" Layna replies with a laugh and a nod. She doesn't object to the arm - mostly because it means she can actually drag him out of her without him getting caught on fire or something.

Or caught by one of the patrons who happen to be distressed by the fact that the music's going away.

Sorry, Daves, you'll have to get your tunes elsewhere. This pirate's stealing the music! - or rather, the person it was attached to.