2019-04-06: Being O'aka Is Suffering

From Dream Chasers
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Log: Being O'aka Is Suffering
  • Cast: Yuna, Auron, Lulu, Rikku, Tidus, Kimahri
  • Where: Luca - Blitzball Stadium
  • Date: April 07, 2019
  • Summary: The party unites in deed if not, quite yet, in word.

=========================<* Luca - Blitzball Stadium *>=========================

Where the Holy City of Bevelle is the spiritual centre of Spira, the blitzball stadium is its beating heart. The stadium is an enormous, open-air construction capable of holding several thousand spectators; as a result of its size, in addition to games, it has often been used by Maesters of Yevon to deliver particularly important speeches or sermons.

The stadium itself is an ancient blend of machina and sorcery, capable of holding a suspended sphere of water in place for hours at a time. Tournaments The stadium is one of the only machina formally sanctioned by the Grand Maester of Yevon, and countless Crusaders have sacrificed their lives over the centuries to turn Sin away from the city. The reason for this is simple - Blitzball lifts the heart of all who live in Spira, and even the smallest joys must be cherished.

BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-QpnYvldmo
DG: A party led by Lulu is now entering Fiend Assault on Luca.
DG: Party formation is now over. An Entry Challenge will now be drawn and displayed to the party.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
=====================<* CHALLENGE - An Animated Arrival *>======================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 3          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 It begins suddenly. The air about the people here is energized and excited.   
 The match between the Besaid Aurochs (astoundingly) and the Luca Goers is     
 underway, in the huge sphere of water that acts as the court. Barkers in the  
 stands offered shrimp tempura on sticks, while people supporting both teams   
 cheer loudly.                                                                 
                                                                               
 At first, one might not notice when the fiends appear. The first shriek of a  
 bird blends into the crowds... until a swirl of pyreflies coalesces into a    
 huge, swooping fiend. A Garuda -- a bird with massive wings and a terrible    
 maw, rather than a beak -- swoops down from the sky. It slams down into the   
 space across the stadium... but there is soon something larger at work. A     
 chain smashes down from a glowing, black portal -- and pulls forth a bound,   
 tall creature. Wrapped in bandages, vaguely fish-like, Anima rises from the   
 ground and lets out a most piercing shriek.                                   
                                                                               
 A gout of flame from this new creature, towering nearly over the stadium and  
 with green eyes aglow behind stained bandages. It turns, screaming down at    
 the fiends and those present.                                                 
                                                                               
 "Maester Seymour's Aeon!" a voice from the crowd cries. Hopefully, you have   
 not thought to attack it -- for it may well direct its wrath on you if so --  
 and with a furious, unearthly blast of light that will sear into your bones.  
                                                                               
 Flight would be wise.                                                         
=Dungeon Conditions: Suffer, Exhaust, Reckless================================
<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.

Despite the invitation that made the crowds buzz with excitement, Yuna and Seymour never quite made it into that shared VIP box to watch a game together. Perhaps her truancy can be forgiven; the story is out now, and it's widely known that she was kidnapped by those dastardly Al Bhed Psyches in the hopes that the Aurochs would be forced to throw the game.

Really, in a way, this crime of blackmail is the greatest compliment paid to Besaid's team in the last hundred years.

It's the next day...

Yuna worries her lip with her teeth from the Aurochs' cheering section throughout the match. She looks over at Lulu for reassurance, often.

She does not whistle.

When the crowd starts chanting Wakka's name, though, she finally relaxes just enough to start to smile... to look around at the faces of all these people who admire her Guardian -- her brother. To take it all in, barkers and all. The sights, the sounds, the smells.

...the fiends.

She gasps and almost leaps out of her skin. Her staff is in the locker room, and anyway there's... already... an aeon... here.

"Is that...?" she asks, her breathy exclamation lost to the screams of the crowd. Automatically her fingertips drift upwards to run, self-soothingly, down the beads curled alongside her neck. "...it's so powerful!"

And so unrecognizable. Unusual aeons aren't unheard of -- fayth lost to history and to memory, pilgrimages that wandered off the beaten path -- but as this one fills her eyes with horror, it fills her heart with...

PAIN
PAIN

...pain.

Yuna sways on her feet, lost not just to her own feelings but to others'.

DG: Yuna has used her Tool Worry Beads toward her party's challenge, An Animated Arrival.
<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

Auron has managed to disappear again between the rescuing of Yuna from the Al Bhed and now. And this might just end up being unfortunate, because he's far enough away from the group that when the fiends appear he's not immediately in range to assist. Worse, with the panicked crowd, there's just no way of knowing how long it'll be until he can get to them.

He does remember where the others were though, and he heads in that direction. Can he get through the crowd? Only time will tell. Best case scenario he can push his way through the crowd to get to the others easily. Worst comes to worst he'll end up getting waylaid by fiends before he can get to them.

However, in the latter case, there's going to be some fiends getting the brunt of Auron being a frustrated ex-guardian being unable to get to his former charge's daughter. Needless to say there will be PYREFLIES.

DG: Auron has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward his party's challenge, An Animated Arrival.
<Pose Tracker> Lulu has posed.

When Yuna looks to Lulu for reassurance, Lulu is always there, beside her--she seems to have an easy time guessing, or noticing, when Yuna'll look her way. She is a stabilizing presence and, among other things, has an absolute awareness of what's around them for the moment. If someone would dare to try this again...

Well. Otherwise, she watches the game. She watches with more intent than one might imagine, though she is quiet. ...The crowd chants Wakka's name...

It's a complex feeling, for Lulu; remembering. Wakka, here... someone who isn't with him, now, who would have played. This, she forces to the side, in favor of Wakka playing his last game.

When he scores another goal she murmurs, "...Not bad."

But Yuna gasps--and then Lulu sees them as well as the crowds break. She doesn't echo Yuna's question as she feels the power of that Aeon blazing so near.

"Yuna!" An explosion bursts far too near, at a Fiend that is close by. That one is destroyed--

But Lulu stands, and takes Yuna's arm, seeing her swaying. "I've got you," the older of the two says, recognizing that look--that distance.

She looks around, immediately, for the nearest way out, the closest thing to security here, and her red eyes catch on one thing--a familiar red coat. She would not ask his help in her task, but...

...His directly is assuredly the safest for Yuna. Lulu starts to guide her Summoner away, swinging out her hand to conjure a set of small bursts of flame to distract a trio of Fiends that have coalesced and started coming closer--to them, but also to innocent Aurochs fans, behind them.

Anger, yes--but concern, above all. This is... delicate. But with the bangle Lulu wears here, she an afford to use a great deal more of her magic on signals and distractions.

DG: Lulu has used her Tool Spiritual Bangle toward her party's challenge, An Animated Arrival.
<Pose Tracker> Rikku has posed.

 
Tidus was still dripping wet as he emerges at the top of the stands, and there's an unfamiliar girl with him, whose hair look wet, even if her sleeveless tank top and flared short shorts don't. "You sure you don't need to lay down for a while? You're pretty beat up." Rikku juts a finger in his face, "And just whose fault is that - you big meanie?" Tidus seems taken aback by it, "W-Wait but you attacked us!"
 
Rikku shakes her head persistently, shaking off droplets and crosses her arms, "Nuh-uh! It's not what you think!"
 
Tidus seems like he's about to question that before asking about the sudden commotion. "Look - can we talk about this later! I think the Goers fans are rioting!"
 
Rikku surveys the area and suddenly is taken aback as she cries out, "Not fans - fiends! Where's the Lady Summoner sitting!? Oh! Nevermind I see her!" And then spotting the familiar yellow bow, Rikku darts down to her position, leaping from one stone bleacher to another as she narrowly misses panicking fans.
 
Which is when Anima rises - and Rikku lets out a little squeak of alarm, "W-Wh-What is that!? It can't be an Aeon right?" "Well how should I know!?" Tidus shouts behind her. As Rikku puts a hand in a little pouch nestled against her leg, and starts to snap a few components together, and leaps down beside Yuna and Lulu as they're fleeing, "Hi! Pleased to meet you - I'm Rikku!"
 
While she's speaking in more understandable language. The cheer with which she speaks seems... so familiar to Yuna.
 
She then tosses an object in the direction they came, it sailing in a lazy arc to land well in front of Auron's position, "Don't breathe this in if you can help it!"
 
The object detonates into a giant plume of smoke. And all that one might see is Anima's shining red eye through the haze as it executes the fiends one by one by one.
 
Just as Tidus leaps out of the smoke to come almost face to face with, "Auron!? What you show up again - now? I'm beginning to think you're doing this on purpose!"
 

DG: Rikku has used her Tool Al Bhed Toolkit toward her party's challenge, An Animated Arrival.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
=====================<* CHALLENGE - An Animated Arrival *>======================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 3          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 It begins suddenly. The air about the people here is energized and excited.   
 The match between the Besaid Aurochs (astoundingly) and the Luca Goers is     
 underway, in the huge sphere of water that acts as the court. Barkers in the  
 stands offered shrimp tempura on sticks, while people supporting both teams   
 cheer loudly.                                                                 
                                                                               
 At first, one might not notice when the fiends appear. The first shriek of a  
 bird blends into the crowds... until a swirl of pyreflies coalesces into a    
 huge, swooping fiend. A Garuda -- a bird with massive wings and a terrible    
 maw, rather than a beak -- swoops down from the sky. It slams down into the   
 space across the stadium... but there is soon something larger at work. A     
 chain smashes down from a glowing, black portal -- and pulls forth a bound,   
 tall creature. Wrapped in bandages, vaguely fish-like, Anima rises from the   
 ground and lets out a most piercing shriek.                                   
                                                                               
 A gout of flame from this new creature, towering nearly over the stadium and  
 with green eyes aglow behind stained bandages. It turns, screaming down at    
 the fiends and those present.                                                 
                                                                               
 "Maester Seymour's Aeon!" a voice from the crowd cries. Hopefully, you have   
 not thought to attack it -- for it may well direct its wrath on you if so --  
 and with a furious, unearthly blast of light that will sear into your bones.  
                                                                               
 Flight would be wise.                                                         
=Dungeon Conditions: Suffer, Exhaust, Reckless================================
=====================<* Fiend Assault on Luca - Round 1 *>======================
=======================< Results - An Animated Arrival >========================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu                                0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Spiritual Bangle                    3   Wits    Effects: Rally                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rikku                               0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Al Bhed Toolkit                     2   Wits    Effects: Enlighten            
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuna                                0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Worry Beads                         1   Wits    Effects: Cleanse              
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron                               0 --(15)--> 15                 Fail
Investigate                         0   Wits    Effects: BASIC                
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Lulu                        0 --(20)--> 20                 Pass
Conditions: Exhaust(1)|Reckless(2)|Suffer(1)
Effects: Cleanse|Enlighten(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: The party led by Lulu has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use party
management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Rikku has drawn a new Challenge.
=========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>==========================
==========================<* CHALLENGE - Vouivre *>===========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 When you round the next corner, you come across a massive fiend: vaguely      
 shaped like a hound or jungle cat, but hulking and armored ina thick,         
 leathery, plated hide. It opens its mouth, spewing out a powerful breath of   
 fire that blows back a trio of Warrior Monks attacking the creature. Then,    
 it turns.                                                                     
                                                                               
 Glowing golden eyes regard you. The armored fiend charges with a deafening    
 screech, jaws opened -- and tries to crash down upon you and bite deeply!     
=Dungeon Conditions: Fright, Injure, Exhaust==================================
<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.

At first Yuna simply allows herself to be led, but her lack of agency doesn't last. Where Lulu's urgency and reassurrance fail to snap her back into focus, her fire succeeds, and then the two of them are running. Well -- Lulu is running. Even on her best days, Yuna mostly scampers. They are certainly the two slowest of their larger party.

Somehow they make it to Auron anyway, around the same time that Tidus and Rikku do too.

Rikku's voice makes Yuna's already marathoning heart skip another beat, and she gives her a long, searching look. Longer and more searching than she has time for, in fact. There's the hinge of a question in her face, but she doesn't ask it, not now.

"I'm glad you're all right!" she says with the slightly-gaspy voice of someone who just sprinted, instead, to the three of them collectively. Even if she only knows two.

Her gaze takes in the chaos briefly -- somehow it is more familiar and less overwhelming than the blitzball noise was, in a horrible way -- and she nods, firmly present.

"We have to help protect everyone as they evacuate," she decides out loud, though really it might as well have gone unsaid. But she's their summoner -- or their friend -- or their former ward -- in any case, by saying it out loud she makes it real. "Let's all do our part, like Maester Seymour!"

Behind them and above them, Anima SCREAMS. Another blast of light eviscerates a leaping, lupine fiend.

<Pose Tracker> Rikku has posed.

 
Rikku let's out this little nervous titter as Yuna declares she's glad they're alright. "Is that where that thing came from!?" Rikku says in disbelief as Yuna calls for them to do their parts like Maester Seymour.
 
And then around the corner, a Vouivre appears. A massive jungle cat with hide that looks more like armor plating. Rikku narrowly backsteps as it breathes out a wave of heat against a trio of Warrior Monks. "Hey! Watch it! I'm scary when I'm mad you know-!"
 
The three of them form a line, and call out in delight at a glimpse of a legend, "Sir Auron!"
 
Tidus skids around the corner sword in hand, "Ha! That one looks slow! I can take it!" Leaping in, Tidus' sword trails a stream of bubbles as he slices downward and-
 
THUNK
 
It's a hollow noise, as Tidus rebounds off of it solidly. Almost dropping his sword as he does so.
 
The Vouivre turns and glares murder on Tidus - advancing - advancing-
 
Suddenly to be distracted.
 
"Heyyyyy-!" Rikku jingles three little pouches of gil in front of its face. "Come on - give him a break-"
 
She jingles the bags up and down. "-poor guy is affected by Sin's toxin and all. Besides I know what you really want. Right? Right?"
 
The fiend's eyes glitter with a semblance of avarice from their former life.
 
Rikku tilts her head - and winks at Sir Auron - hoping he doesn't catch the spiral in his eye, but does catch the signal.
 
The three warrior monks don't notice that their belts feel a little lighter, because they have stars in their eyes at the idea of seeing Sir Auron in action.
 
Rikku says cheerfully, "See I knew we could come to an accord-!"
 
As she drops all three bags, and nudges them with their foot that cause them to skitter through the thing's legs, the Vouivre might turn just long enough-
 
-to expose its flank to Auron and Lulu.
 

DG: Rikku has used her Tool Bribe Budget toward her party's challenge, Vouivre.
<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

Well, yeah, that went about like Auron expected. People swarming around, fiends swarming around, and both of them just sort of doing random things -- yeah, he got waylaid by dispatching a fiends so they wouldn't eat any of the spectators. Fortunately the rest of the group manages to make it to where he is rather than the other way around. But that's not a bad idea, really. Being closer to the exit is probably a good idea.

Now's not the time to ask about people's safety; there are still fiends around. Demonstrated quite clearly when one comes around the corner and Tidus makes an unsuccessful attempt to kill it. "That one is armored. Let me try," he offers simply, interposing himself between Tidus and the fiend. Fortunately Rikku's on hand with money! It IS the root of all evil, maybe it'll be successful at getting THIS evil to leave.

Either way, Auron is going to try and kill the thing. His sword should be heavy enough to pierce the fiend's armor. Either way, Auron has potions in case anyone gets hurt in battling the fiend.

DG: Auron has used his Tool Potion toward his party's challenge, Vouivre.
<Pose Tracker> Lulu has posed.

Lulu does as she's able--but she is relieved when at least something brings Yuna back to awareness. The heavy clothing Lulu wears doesn't seem to stop her ability to move, though... Indeed, she's slow for that and for other reasons compared to the Blitzers of the party, or Kimahri. What they lack in speed, however, they at least make up for in the ability to clear a path.

Lulu looks between Yuna and Rikku quickly, and Rikku absolutely might spot the way Lulu's face tracks back to her after an instant for a second look when she notices Yuna's scrutiny... and notices something else, herself.

"As you say," Lulu says, "But if it's too dangerous, we're pulling you out. You can do more for them alive than falling here."

It is not a kind statement, but it is not delivered ungently. Instead, she looks towarsd the great monster, listening to Rikku's voice--and watching Tidus go. "Careful--"

Tidus ends up in trouble, and Lulu moves as if to focus... but Rikku manages to distract the thing quite effectively. It's unorthodox, and yet...

"Heavily armored," Lulu agrees, and then slam, a great blast of water erupts from the ground and splashes into the creature--before she narrows her eyes. "It's resistant to magic, too!" Lulu calls to the others. So, Auron has a good approach on it... And Lulu can do something else.

"Yuna," she says. "Do you see a path through it?"

Lulu crouches, and sets down the two-legged cat doll she's carrying, which stands on its own, and toddles up, up, up to the monster ahead--

And with a swipe of its plushy claw, coated with black smoke and blue haze, the Ominous Cait Sith tries to render it helpless to the rest of Auron's strikes entirely.

DG: Lulu has used her Tool Ominous Cait Sith toward her party's challenge, Vouivre.
<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.

Credibly, Yuna's chief reaction to the abrupt addition of a huge fiend to their immediate environment is to clench her fingers more tightly around her staff. She brings it into a readied position, bisecting her face horizontally, and when -- inevitably -- they take some minor wounds during the commotion, she sweeps it across them in a wide, graceful motion.

"Heal us," she prays simply, and so they are.

Lulu asks something of her and she gamely tries, squinting through the smoke and pyrefly haze.

"There!" she points, her motion echoed and reinforced by a fluttering sleeve.

It isn't the safest path she's guiding them towards.

It's the one towards the two children halfway hidden under a row of seats, crying for their parents and into one another's shoulders.

DG: Yuna has contributed a Combat Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Vouivre.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
===========================<* CHALLENGE - Vouivre *>============================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 When you round the next corner, you come across a massive fiend: vaguely      
 shaped like a hound or jungle cat, but hulking and armored ina thick,         
 leathery, plated hide. It opens its mouth, spewing out a powerful breath of   
 fire that blows back a trio of Warrior Monks attacking the creature. Then,    
 it turns.                                                                     
                                                                               
 Glowing golden eyes regard you. The armored fiend charges with a deafening    
 screech, jaws opened -- and tries to crash down upon you and bite deeply!     
=Dungeon Conditions: Fright, Injure, Exhaust==================================
=====================<* Fiend Assault on Luca - Round 2 *>======================
=============================< Results - Vouivre >==============================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu                                0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Ominous Cait Sith                   2   Combat  Effects: Stalwart             
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rikku                               0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Bribe Budget                        2   Combat  Effects: Embolden             
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuna                                0 --(15)--> 15                 Fail
Fight                               0   Combat  Effects: BASIC                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron                               15 --(0)--> 15                 Pass
Potion                              2   Combat  Effects: Fanfare and Rally    
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Lulu                        20 --(20)--> 40                Pass
Conditions: Exhaust(1)|Fright(2)|Injure(2)|Reckless(1)
Effects: Embolden(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: The party led by Lulu has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use party
management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Auron has drawn a new Challenge.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
===============<* CHALLENGE - Gates That Should Not Be Barred *>================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 Flood control in a city like Luca is a must. Even city streets can turn into  
 canals when floodwaters rise, and the city's ancient architects built         
 knowing this. It seems, however, that some overzealous city residents have    
 blocked the street ahead off by closing the floodgates... and the mechanism   
 to open them is on the other side.                                            
                                                                               
 The snarl of Sahuagin is not far behind -- which means the way forward is     
 barred, unless you wish to put brute force to it (or circle back to find      
 another way).                                                                 
=Dungeon Conditions: Exhaust, Overzealous, Wound==============================
<Pose Tracker> Rikku has posed.

 
Lulu's blast of water causes the creature to rock up on its pawsies - before it turns and glares- at the little plushie that takes a swipe at it.
 
The creature suddenly looks like it's gone blind.
 
Just as Auron's blade as it easily pierces the armor. And the Fiend lets out an agonized cry before fading away into pyreflies.
 
Tidus simply calls out, "Hmmph-! I could've done that!" As Yuna's prayer causes his wounds to fade, Tidus gives her a discrete thumbs up and a grin-
 
-and he grudgingly takes the potion from Auron after. And glugs it down like it were a drink after a match.
 
Rikku normally would opt against this not so safe path except as she follows Yuna's directions she sees...
 
"Oh gosh! We have to help them!" She let's out a little squeak and takes off. Whereas Tidus calls out, "Hey wait up-!"
 
"That was really him..."
"Praise to be Yevon-! I feel honored to have seen him in action..."
 
One of the Warrior Monks calls out, before... another pats his belt-
 
"Is... anyone missing something?"
 
His eyes sweep to the place on the ground where Rikku had kicked the gil bags.
 
There are only dotted lines where they once sat.
 

<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

Panicked people will be panicked, unfortunately. A prime example of that has to do with the thing that's in their way now -- some idiots decided that if the waters were blocked, then fiends would be blocked too. Apparently they haven't heard that fiends ALSO exist in the water. And that's just making prime territory for said fiends in the water.

Ordinarily Auron wouldn't condone 'just bash it', but that thing beind closed isn't helping anybody. "Go through," he instructs. Auron has something for this. He hopes. A red orb is drawn from his coat and tosses into the air; it shatters and red-colored dust seems to sprinkle down over the party briefly.

...Does anyone feel stronger? Hopefully they do, because Auron probably can't bash through the gate himself. That increase in strength just might make it possible for the rest of the party to work together to dismantle the gate.

DG: Auron has used his Tool Power Distiller toward his party's challenge, Gates That Should Not Be Barred.
<Pose Tracker> Lulu has posed.

Lulu will concern herself with wounds later; for now, she trusts Yuna's magic and her own stubbornness to carry her through the danger. For now, there is the matter of a path... And of course, that's the one Yuna would choose.

...And, apparently, that the new girl would choose.

"Careful," Lulu calls to their blonde swordsman, cautioning him in the way he's been running around. If she notices the confusion of the monks behind, she doesn't say it.

...yes. yes, she notices it.

But in the meantime, Lulu pauses with the children as the pass, looks down. "If you follow us out, you can take shelter with the players, there," she tells them, speaking briskly but not coldly. Yuna made a point of wanting to save them. "This way; while we're on the move, the path is clear."

As they arrive at the blockage, though... Lulu frowns. If Auron of all people suggests they go through, though--

Lulu inhales, and recognizes what he's done immediately. "Yes, I understand," Lulu agrees, and kneels again. "Allow me to assist you."

This time, she sets down a red-dusted Mog, which approaches valiantly with its bright-eyed expression. Toddle, toddle, toddle, quick, under Lulu's direction--

It rears back, and--

With a deafening slam, the empowered Moogle delivers her first little strike against the barrier. It will not be the last.

DG: Lulu has used her Tool Stinger Mog toward her party's challenge, Gates That Should Not Be Barred.
<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.

Yuna's eyes widen as Auron's enhancer sinks into her.

Sliding her staff into the bow on the back of her obi, she clenches a fist...

...and sees BUFFNESS there on her normally pale skinny noodle-arm.

As usual, she's easy to read: 'Wow, he really is legendary...' is written all over the surprise in her eyes.

"Yessir!" she chirps obediently, before charging forward to place her full featherweight on the door. She lands both hands there, between the Moogle and Auron himself, digs in her heels, braces her knees, and HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVES with all her unusual might.

(Let's be honest, even with unusual applied to it, her might is not much.)

(But what she lacks for in musculature she makes up for in enthusiasm.)

--Kimahri does not have this problem. There's an echoing slam as his paws impact the metal, and a rising rumble in his chest that could become grunt, then roar, at need.

DG: Yuna has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Gates That Should Not Be Barred.
<Pose Tracker> Rikku has posed.

 
"Hey kids!" Rikku says as she skids in, before nodding in Lulu's direction, "Everything's going to be alright if you just listen to her!" Before she leans over to the older girl, "Try to keep a smile for your little sister." She whispers, like she's giving her advice.
 
But mostly it's because she knows what it's like to be a little sister.
 
And she gives her a cheerful, wide one, before whirling around.
 
"Through huh? That won't be a problem!"
 
Tidus finds himself running up to push alongside Yuna, "We've got this Yuna!" He lets out this small laugh as he heaves.
 
Rikku shimmies up to the gate herself, before she stands on her tip toes to check a narrow gap in the gate. "Justttt wide enough." "Hey Rikku! Aren't you going to help out?" Tidus sounds annoyed.
 
"Sure I am!" Rikku declares cheerfully, before pulling a pin, then sliding one grenade through the gap. "Just you wait!"
 
Tidus, who remembers their underwater adventures with her on Baaj island says, "Uh - shouldn't we get clear?"
 
Rikku slides in another grenade sans pin, and another. Stating: "Nope! It's fine~ If it's so thick that you're all having to work hard then-"
 
There's suddenly a tremendous explosion on the other side of the flood gate.
 
Which rocks the gate, but does not destroy it utterly. Her true aim to try to damage the mechanism on the other side.
 
"-we'll barely even feel it!"
 

DG: Rikku has used her Tool Far Too Many Grenades toward her party's challenge, Gates That Should Not Be Barred.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
===============<* CHALLENGE - Gates That Should Not Be Barred *>================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 Flood control in a city like Luca is a must. Even city streets can turn into  
 canals when floodwaters rise, and the city's ancient architects built         
 knowing this. It seems, however, that some overzealous city residents have    
 blocked the street ahead off by closing the floodgates... and the mechanism   
 to open them is on the other side.                                            
                                                                               
 The snarl of Sahuagin is not far behind -- which means the way forward is     
 barred, unless you wish to put brute force to it (or circle back to find      
 another way).                                                                 
=Dungeon Conditions: Exhaust, Overzealous, Wound==============================
=====================<* Fiend Assault on Luca - Round 3 *>======================
=================< Results - Gates That Should Not Be Barred >==================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu                                0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Stinger Mog                         2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rikku                               0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Far Too Many Grenades               3   Brute   Effects: Rally                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuna                                15 --(20)--> 35                Fail
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron                               15 --(0)--> 15                 Pass
Power Distiller                     2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen           
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Lulu                        40 --(20)--> 60                Pass
Conditions: Exhaust(1)|Fright(1)|Injure(1)|Overzealous(2)|Wound(2)
Effects: Strengthen(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: The party led by Lulu has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use party
management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Lulu has drawn a new Challenge.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
================<* CHALLENGE - Getting the Drop on a Garauda *>=================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 Bridges are not uncommon in Luca. Because so much of the city is built        
 behind massive stone seawalls, the city has to go up sometimes. You find      
 yourself moving up a bridge now, which places you -- strangely enough --      
 /over/ one of those huge, swooping birds. A Garuda is careening down the      
 street below you, swooping at level with it, to get people.                   
                                                                               
 And it is about to fly under the bridge.                                      
                                                                               
 If you collapse the bridge -- or maybe some of the nearby facades or statues  
 -- at the right time (and quickly!), you could crush the Garuda before it     
 sweeps down onto innocents.                                                   
=Dungeon Conditions: Weaken, Injure, Tire=====================================
<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

The party is +2 orphans! But also +1 blocked gate. Auron's blade does little more than crack it, but it gets it started. Lulu's Mighty Moogle Punch cracks it even more! Yuna is... trying, yes! And she can feel the weakened gate shift more under her hands, and between her pushing and Kimahri's blows against it, sees it cracking and weakening more. And then GRENADES OF COURSE!

Yeah, Auron's not taking any chances. He gets back from the gate when he notices Rikku slipping grenades behind it. And once the explosion is over, Auron checks the gate. Fortunately it'll be easier to get out of the way now, whether they end up moving it in pieces or not!

<Pose Tracker> Lulu has posed.

Past the obstacle, the ground is wet now, but no longer at risk of carrying the group away, or Fiends towards them. ...But, the Fiends can still assuredly move under their own power. At least they aren't directly at the stadium steps, but--

Their position on a raised bridge sees a Garuda crashing, not at them, but towards a set of people trying to find a place to go amidst the chaos and debris. An older man, this time, with a young woman and a boy are at the center of this, the old man turning with some alarm. They'll have to act very quickly, because the fiend is slow--

But it's coming.

"No--!" Lulu exudes power again for an instant, and directs her Moogle doll forward again, the plush figure rushing on its tiny legs as best it can to shove a heavy status down towards the side of the bridge the Garuda is coming from to try to slow or dissuade or distract it.

DG: Lulu has used her Tool Stinger Mog toward her party's challenge, Getting the Drop on a Garauda.
<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.

Yuna looks really impressed by the explosion Rikku's grenades; so much so that she's giving the other girl a relieved smile and not really looking where she's going as she steps through the wreckage of the gate.

So she almost trips.

Kimahri reaches out with one of his arms -- BUFFNESS or no, it's broader than she is -- and simply lifts her up and over the debris. He sets her down so gently and lightly that her boots' tread doesn't even make a single sound.

They exchange a brief look that suits Yuna's face a lot better than it does the Ronso's, but is no less tender for it.

---

Her heart leaps into her throat when she sees the Garuda below.

Those people...

But there's no time.

Lulu has the right idea, bringing down a statue, but this one might need a little bit more.

"Block its path! I'll summon!"

She spreads her arms wide -- then draws her staff in close.

Fire follows its path and collects in her hands like a blessing of Yevon.

She plunges it into the stone of the bridge. A rune flashes beneath her -- beneath all of them -- and there's all of a moment to get out of the way before the magnificent Kilika Beast explodes out of it.

BGM Start! Burn It Down https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlB9EhCk0c8

Yuna herself, of course, does not, cannot get clear, but this is normal and expected for those who have seen it before (Tidus, Lulu, Kimahri). For those who have not, seeing her exploded up into the sky, and then caught in midair by a still-forming pyrefly construct, may come as something of a surprise.

He sets her down as gently as Kimahri did, but his roar is LOUD where the Ronso was quiet.

"Please help us," she implores, and the intelligence that glints in Ifrit's eyes is not at all animal, never mind the fangs and claws.

He leaps downwards, plunging towards the Garuda the meteor incarnate that he is. Flame trails from the edge of his mouth in flickering tongues.

Yuna peers over the edge of the bridge after him with the expression of a worried mother.

<Pose Tracker> Rikku has posed.

 
Spotting the Garuda just after Lulu does, Rikku gasps then promises-
 
"Oh no it doesn't!" -as she runs across the bridge - and grabbing the pin of a grenade with her teeth, tosses it - just as the Stinger plush kicks it.
 
They detonate, as she hopes it'll be enough.
 
Tidus on the other hand spies a stray Blitzball rolling around from kids playing earlier, and taps it with his foot, sending it up to his knee, where he sends it rocketing into the air. Then leaping, he spirals, before doing a kick drive to send the Blitzball spinning to try to bean the Garuda right in the head - and stun it long enough for the gambit to cause it serious damage.
 
Tidus as he lands declares to Auron, "Bet you can't top that one."
 
And then his eyes lift to Yuna summoning Ifrit, as he whispers, marvelled, "Bet neither of us can top that one."
 
Rikku just finds herself watching for a few moments, before agreeing with a bright cheerful smile, "Mmm-hmm!"
 

DG: Rikku has used her Tool Far Too Many Grenades toward her party's challenge, Getting the Drop on a Garauda.
<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

Unfortunately, being a primarily melee fighter, there isn't a whole lot Auron can do to help people that are so far away. Lulu has a good idea, though, and Auron tries to assist her with knocking down the statue. As the Moogle shoves the statue, Auron darts over to it and tries to slice the statue at its base, to try to make it easier to shove off of the bridge. It may not be strictly necessary, but every little bit helps, right?

No, Auron has not seen Yuna summon before. He HAS seen Braska summon, however. Mind you, that doesn't mean he isn't impressed. It's always impressive to see summoners do their thing -- and he can't help the smile at the sight. Of course he hides that behind his collar. That's what it's for -- can't have people thinking he has feelings, right?

And of course Tidus! He gets a raised-brow look. Because no, Auron doesn't have much in the way of long-range attacks. Auron is, however, nothing if not a troll. Displayed when he answers Tidus's challenge, "...Jecht had a tighter form. You're still sloppy."

...Yes. Yes he IS an ass, why thank you for noticing.

DG: Auron has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Getting the Drop on a Garauda.
DG: Yuna has used her Tool Ifrit toward her party's challenge, Getting the Drop on a Garauda.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
================<* CHALLENGE - Getting the Drop on a Garauda *>=================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 Bridges are not uncommon in Luca. Because so much of the city is built        
 behind massive stone seawalls, the city has to go up sometimes. You find      
 yourself moving up a bridge now, which places you -- strangely enough --      
 /over/ one of those huge, swooping birds. A Garuda is careening down the      
 street below you, swooping at level with it, to get people.                   
                                                                               
 And it is about to fly under the bridge.                                      
                                                                               
 If you collapse the bridge -- or maybe some of the nearby facades or statues  
 -- at the right time (and quickly!), you could crush the Garuda before it     
 sweeps down onto innocents.                                                   
=Dungeon Conditions: Weaken, Injure, Tire=====================================
=====================<* Fiend Assault on Luca - Round 4 *>======================
==================< Results - Getting the Drop on a Garauda >===================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu                                0 --(13)--> 13                 Fail
Stinger Mog                         2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rikku                               0 --(3)--> 3                   Pass
Far Too Many Grenades               3   Brute   Effects: Rally                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuna                                35 --(13)--> 48                Fail
Ifrit                               2   Brute   Effects: Resilient            
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron                               15 --(3)--> 18                 Pass
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Lulu                        60 --(20)--> 80                Pass
Conditions: Injure(2)|Overzealous(1)|Tire(2)|Weaken(2)|Wound(1)
Effects: Resilient(1)|Strengthen(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: The party led by Lulu has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use party
management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Yuna has drawn a new Challenge.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
======================<* CHALLENGE - Nothing Is Sacred *>=======================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 3          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 You have finally arrived at safety: the Crusader chapterhouse. Crusaders are  
 gathered outside it -- and you manage to cross the perimeter, and a massive   
 statue of the recent High Summoner, Lord Braska. There, a young man with      
 black hair and a bandana greets you. "Hurry inside! We're tending to the      
 wounded there. Luzzu is out there, but--"                                     
                                                                               
 There is a deafening screech. A Garuda sweeps over your heads, but seems      
 intent on going for someone else... but it slams into the statue of Lord      
 Braska. It crashes over, slamming down before the entrance to the             
 chapterhouse. The citizens fleeing draw to a stop.                            
                                                                               
 And roars echo -- as a trio of the huge, armored things known as Vouivres     
 leap down, flame dancing over their mouths. The young Crusader steps          
 forward, along with several of his comrades. He looks to you.                 
                                                                               
 "I hate to say it... but break that statue of Lord Braska apart, and get      
 everyone inside!" he calls out, before running towards the lizards. "We'll    
 hold them off!"                                                               
=Dungeon Conditions: Weaken, Overzealous======================================
<Pose Tracker> Lulu has posed.

The party requires haste, and with haste they move. Kimahri makes sure that haste doesn't mean danger to them, though. Rikku's the fastest, naturally; even before she reaches the side, the grenades are already going over, detonating in a rush even as Tidus's ball cracks straight down for the great Fiend below. There's something to be said for a ranged option.

Meanwhile, Lulu's work with the statue only gets so far; her doll is strong, but is small, and lacks leverage... until Auron's great swipe of his mighty sword hacks into the statue's base, and--so unstabilized--the statue tumbles down at the moogle's next push.

Grenades are falling; a statue is falling. The Garuda is halfway under the bridge, now. And after that....

That is when Ifrit has set Yuna down, and leapt gloriously after the Fiend. The Garuda is close--it's wounded, but still charging towards its prey, the hated living. But Yuna, peering over the edge, can see the way that Ifrit's great hand reaches out and grabs hold of the Garuda's wing outright, its other claw closing over it. The burns of the grenades and the gouge the statue Auron helped with give it a place to hold on, and the battle that comes is brutish and short.

When ifrit stands roaring in a mist of pyreflies, battered but victorious over the great Fiend, each of the people stare up in shock--and young and old, make the sign of the prayer to Yuna's Aeon and then to Yuna herself. "Thank you, Lady Summoner!" calls the grandfather, and they all scoot while they still can.

"...Good work," Lulu announces, a rare compliment as she picks up her doll and checks its condition.

<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.
<SoundTracker> Yuna's Theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJvFCkT10uc

His deed done, Ifrit leaps back up to the bridge in a single bound, and -- without being asked, you can tell by the way her eyebrows make for her hairline -- scoops Yuna up virtually in the same fluid motion.

"Thanks!" she calls down, to Lulu. Tidus and Rikku's earlier commentary had elicited a soft laugh.

She spends the rest of the trip on her aeon's shoulder, an idea that felt ludicrous, yesterday, down at the docks with Kimahri, but is strangely natural here and now. It doesn't look like a bumpy ride. Instinctively, the two of them move as one.

Which is a reasonable outcome. They share a soul, after all.

It's easier going for everyone; there's a fair amount of Ifrit just stepping on fiends in their way. Pyreflies rising out of his footsteps, mingling with the flames he leaves in his wake. (They aren't enough to spread; Luca will not burn down this day.)

But he pauses... when the statue bars his path. Craning his neck, he looks up at the summoner on his shoulder.

Yuna looks down at him, and at the statue beyond, but she isn't seeing either of them.

She's seeing a place she'll never be again.

The Isle of Besaid.

---

Yuna, apprentice summoner on the cusp of graduating to the short life of a full one, stares up at the very same statue. An official commission. Distribution to all the temples, however, is a function of time, distance, and most of all money.

"The whole village pitched in so we could afford it before ya left!" chortles Wakka, delighted.

Kimahri is his usual warm presence; she feels him at her back, and, biting the inside of her cheek invisibly, resists the urge to turn around and bury her face in his fur.

It's the first time she's seen her father in a decade.

---

She blinks, and there he is again, fallen between innocent people and safety.

She doesn't hesitate -- knowing her heart, Ifrit has already stooped, dropping his shoulder to let her back down, and she slides to her own two feet and stands tall, lifts her chin.

"Please," she says to him verbally -- to all of them, very gently.

"Quickly."

DG: Yuna has used her Tool Ifrit toward her party's challenge, Nothing Is Sacred.
<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

Auron nods in return to Lulu's words. That was a pretty good display of teamwork. Fortunately that leaves the path open to the Crusaders' chapter house. That's where everyone will be going. Auron slows here, trying to help herd people into the place in some semblance of order. It looks like it's going to go well...

But then sod's law happens, and one of the statues falls in front of the entrance, making passage impossible. On top of everything, it's the statue of Braska that's fallen...

If there are gods, they surely are cruel, to make Auron need to attack something that looked like his former summoner. Then again, it's merely an image. Much like Auron's opinion of 'visiting' at the Farplane -- they're just memories. Images. They have no life, and nothing can come of 'hurting' them. They cannot -be- hurt. And there are those who need it out of the way, or they -will- be hurt. They will die.

Once more Auron finds one of those red orbs in his coat and tosses it into the air, to shatter and sprinkle down like dust from the wings of the -angriest- fairy. This should, if all goes well, improve Ifrit's already massive strength, which should only help. Auron, in the meantime, looks to slice at the statue, trying to break it in the middle. Two (or possibly more) smaller pieces should be easier for the Aeon to move than one big huge giant one.

('Sorry Braska... but I know you wouldn't want people to die thanks to an effigy of you. Particularly when you can't even be here to see them.')

DG: Auron has used his Tool Power Distiller toward his party's challenge, Nothing Is Sacred.
<Pose Tracker> Rikku has posed.

 
Tidus remembers the statue in Besaid. "Your old man." He says. Perhaps he doesn't have any positive experiences with his father that he can remember.
 
He can still sympathize with Yuna though.
 
Tidus leaps into the fray as Auron empowers him, trying to crack with furious swipes from his sword.
 
On any other day, Rikku would never in a million years want to deface a monument to High Summoner Braska.
 
     As far as she's concerned, he's family too.
 
Her heart sinks, and she makes this noise as Yuna commands Ifrit to break it down.
 
Like she can't understand the pain of what Yuna's going through, because she barely knows her. Yet she can imagine it.
 
"Alright." Rikku reaches into her pouch and palms the most destructive object she has on hand. "It's a good cause - it's a good cause - "
 
It's a strange little marble in shape, containing the essence of what she fears the most. Rolling it around in her fingers, she presses on it with something in her fingerless glove. "-I still hate that part!"
 
And then hurls it.
 
"Hey Rikku - get over here and help-" He can't immediately spot where Rikku is right now. "-Rikku?"
 
Currently though she's squatting down behind Yuna with her hands over her ears.
 
There's a roar like thunder as the lightning marble detonates.
 
It almost drowns out her shriek completely.
 

DG: Rikku has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Nothing Is Sacred.
<Pose Tracker> Lulu has posed.

Lulu is more than content to follow Yuna's Aeon... and she can't deny the complicated knot of feelings in her heart as she watches Yuna on Ifrit's shoulder. Alike, yet different; grand, and graceful, and yet...

Too much to dismiss easily as one thing, or another.

As they reach the statue, Lulu at first, from behind as the slowest, does not realize the issue. No, not until she gets closer does she see the statue...

And she remembrs Yuna's face, that very same day.

Quickly, she says. Auron, too--Auron, who travelled with him, moves almost immediately into action, by Lulu's estimation. She recalls, then, the face of that kind man, in the snow, so long ago.

Yuna and Auron don't hesitate. ...But in this, maybe, Lulu is not quite so strong as her charge. It is a moment--when she sees even Rikku and Tidus rushing forth--before Lulu breathes in, and decides how she will act. "...All right."

Lulu directs her moogle down again, and it should be in fine enough condition for now... but will need maintenance. As Rikku's sudden lightning marble detonates, Lulu takes note of it. But she doesn't stop, and neither does her moogle.

A child's toy shoves at debris bigger than its entire body, as Lulu helps in ways her physical strength can't.

...And she refuses to allow herself to wonder at what what-ifs flutter in the back of her mind, her expression stone.

DG: Lulu has used her Tool Stinger Mog toward her party's challenge, Nothing Is Sacred.
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
======================<* CHALLENGE - Nothing Is Sacred *>=======================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 3          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 You have finally arrived at safety: the Crusader chapterhouse. Crusaders are  
 gathered outside it -- and you manage to cross the perimeter, and a massive   
 statue of the recent High Summoner, Lord Braska. There, a young man with      
 black hair and a bandana greets you. "Hurry inside! We're tending to the      
 wounded there. Luzzu is out there, but--"                                     
                                                                               
 There is a deafening screech. A Garuda sweeps over your heads, but seems      
 intent on going for someone else... but it slams into the statue of Lord      
 Braska. It crashes over, slamming down before the entrance to the             
 chapterhouse. The citizens fleeing draw to a stop.                            
                                                                               
 And roars echo -- as a trio of the huge, armored things known as Vouivres     
 leap down, flame dancing over their mouths. The young Crusader steps          
 forward, along with several of his comrades. He looks to you.                 
                                                                               
 "I hate to say it... but break that statue of Lord Braska apart, and get      
 everyone inside!" he calls out, before running towards the lizards. "We'll    
 hold them off!"                                                               
=Dungeon Conditions: Weaken, Overzealous======================================
=====================<* Fiend Assault on Luca - Round 5 *>======================
========================< Results - Nothing Is Sacred >=========================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lulu                                13 --(13)--> 26                Fail
Stinger Mog                         2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rikku                               3 --(13)--> 16                 Fail
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuna                                48 --(3)--> 51                 Pass
Ifrit                               2   Brute   Effects: Resilient            
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron                               18 --(3)--> 21                 Pass
Power Distiller                     2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen           
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Lulu                        80 --(35)--> 115               Pass
Conditions: Injure(1)|Overzealous(2)|Tire(1)|Weaken(2)
Effects: Resilient(1)|Strengthen(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: You have overcome the dungeon's trials! This run is a success!
DG: The party led by Lulu has successfully explored Fiend Assault on Luca!
==========================<* Fiend Assault on Luca *>===========================
==============<* CHALLENGE - O'aka Donation - War Profiteering! *>==============
|Type: Discovery   |Dungeon Ability: Conclusion|Challenge Rating: 1          | 
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 With the Garudas and the shattered statue of Lord Braska cleared, you are     
 ushered into the Crusaders' chapterhouse. There, you find a red-haired        
 merchant. He looks at you for a moment. "Need a potion? It's--" He starts to  
 say the standard price of 75 gil. And then, O'aka has a dawning realization,  
 and a slow, capitalistic smile spreads across his face. "...200 gil."         
                                                                               
 BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hj3U18FHgQ                              
                                                                               
 Please visit the following wiki page and update the current... er...          
 donation...?                                                                  
  https://dreamchasers.space/O7aka_Support_Fund                                
=Dungeon Conditions: Bad Luck=================================================
<Pose Tracker> Yuna has posed.

Auron's immense blade goes through the statue like a hot knife through butter, and after that it's pretty straightforward to move out of the way. Ifrit is practically overkill. By the time the lightning marble and animated plush have done their work, there isn't much left to do.

But the aeon does rest the statue's head upright, before leaping into the sky and vanishing into pyreflies.

Yuna doesn't so much as glance at it -- or at anyone -- she takes the chapterhouse at a run.

"I'm a healer," she calls, voice low with urgency -- and, okay, maybe a little bit of old grief, well-folded into the crisis of the current moment rather than forced to stand on its own. "Please, take me to the wounded right away."

O'aka still makes his money this day...

...but less than he might have, in competition with a white mage whose services come for free.

<Pose Tracker> Auron has posed.

Auron raises a brow at the more-than-double price quoted by O'aka. He waits, though, to say anything, until O'aka tries to sell his vastly overpriced potions to someone else. It's only then that Auron steps forward, offering one of the potions from his own inventory. "Here," he offers to the beleaguered refugee. He has a few left, and he'll do that for the remaining potions he has -- give them away to someone needing them.

Yes, he is unnecessarily being an ass, but if he is, he isn't the only one!

Though then he looks to O'aka. Steps closeer. Really gets into his personal space. "You know..." he comments, offhandedly. "Lady Yuna is on a pilgrimage." He can assume, anyway. "Summoners traveling tend to have few resources at their disposal, particularly not money. Given how important it is that summoners succeed in their journeys, it might be unfortunate if one died on the journey due to running out of vital supplies that were overpriced. I'm sure the Church would be... quite displeased to learn of a merchant charging a summoner more than double for their stock of necessary items."

Auron is not above blackmail. That whole 'moral high ground' argument really doesn't matter to him anymore. Then again he's also keeping his voice down so -everyone- doesn't hear him. He's not a -complete- asshole, and he -is- giving the guy a chance to straighten up.