2019-05-17: Exposition While You Work

From Dream Chasers
Jump to: navigation, search
  • 2019-05-17: Exposition While You Work
  • Cast: Talise Gianfair, Sephilia Lampbright, Layna Manydays, Seraph Lanval, Seraph Ceimglace
  • Where: The Moonflow
  • Date: May 17, 2019
  • Summary: Even after the Operation, everyone's got to continue living on best they're able in this land of death and sorrow. Fox Company goes to help with the restoration of Kilika. Seraph Lanval realizes that now there's an appropriate context in which to discuss his new lot in life - an Oracle of Schturdark - and what it means for the rest of them.

=========================================<* Kilika - Town Center *>=========================================

Kilika is an island off the southern coast of the Spiran mainland, consisting of a small port and village, a large jungle and a Temple of Yevon. The island is renowned for being the hometown of High Summoner Ohalland, who was a star blitzballer before retiring from the game to complete his Pilgrimage and defeat Sin. As a result of this history, the Beasts are one of the most-loved teams in the entire league, and even rival blitz players will stop to pray at the Kilika Temple before a particularly critical game.

The port of Kilika was recently ravaged following an attack by Sin, and the surviving residents are slowly rebuilding. They have received unexpected support in the form of the outlanders who serve the false goddess Althena. A few dozen soldiers and craftsmen are using their strange arts - as well as old-fashioned skill - to help with restoration. The Temple of Yevon has put out the word that this assistance will be tolerated so long as the Guardsmen refrain from proselytizing their false creed; an uneasy sort of feeling hangs over the entire village as a result.

BGM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXsmMuXLtuQ

DG: A party led by Talise Gianfair is now entering Kilika Restoration.
DG: Party formation is now over. An Entry Challenge will now be drawn and displayed to the party.
=============================<* Kilika Restoration *>=============================
====================<* CHALLENGE - Without a Port on Shore *>=====================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
----------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 Weeks ago, Sin visited the seaside village of Kilika.                         
                                                                               
 Since then, various groups have taken on restoration efforts ranging from     
 local Yevon and Crusader groups, the Althenan Guard, as well as the Wayside   
 Outreach just to name a few. You and your Drifter group have come today to    
 Kilika on one of the ships inbound for its port as part of such efforts. As   
 your vessel draws into port, you quickly discover a problem:                  
                                                                               
 Local storms overnight have torn down the relief wharfs suited for a vessel   
 sized for the one you're riding on.                                           
                                                                               
 You could arrange landing boats to deliver the supplies onshore, but it'll    
 be quite a lot more effort and organisation to lift and transfer them --      
 best get going while everyone's fresh and raring to go!                       
=Dungeon Conditions: Tire=====================================================
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

"Hey Ceimglace," Talise had said, "let's go lift the mood a bit. There's a village that needs some help."

That was a couple hours ago.

Now, Talise - stripped down to a pair of shorts and a tank top tied off just above her midriff, her hair bound back by a green and yellow patterned bandanna - is about to jump over the side of the relif boat the group is riding in on. "Damn. The wharf's out," she grunts, one leg dangling over the boat's edge. She lifts a hand to her forehead - she still has her gauntlets on, though time and effort have worn them a little.

The captain of the relief boat frowns, hands on the rail. "We've got a couple lifeboats aboard. Maybe we could use 'em to ferry the supplies up to that beach--"

"You got it." Talise zips off before the captain can stop her.

There's a splash as Talise physically picks up one of the lifeboats and tosses it in the water, followed by the second one. Next comes a huge crate of food. It's pretty big, and she has to manhandle it to the edge of the ship. The weight isn't the issue. It's the size.

"Hey Lanval!" she calls out. "Let me know if these things are lined up, okay?"

DG: Talise Gianfair has used her Tool Ogre Power Gauntlets toward her party's challenge, Without a Port on Shore.
<Pose Tracker> Sephilia Lampbright has posed.

Sephilia Lampbright is useful to have around when heavy things need lifting. Sephy doesn't have a ton of being useful directly, at least, but Chauncey?

His Lordship of Foxington is rather prepared for movin' things from place to place.

So Sephy hops onto the boat to better help coordinate with Chauncey passing stuff down to Talise!

DG: Sephilia Lampbright has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Without a Port on Shore.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

These kind of humanitarian efforts weren't exactly the common job of pirate crews...but at some point, the general good nature of her friends had rubbed off on Layna.

Maybe it was infectious. Who knows?

Whatever the case, Layna and her crew are here to help out. Layna is traveling with the Fox Company group, while Dahlia is taking a portion of the crew to handle things on the other side of the village. They can get a lot more work done if they split up the jobs, after all.

With the exception of Dahlia, the entire pirate crew - Layna included - is dressed in the crew's personal Blitzball uniforms. It's a mainly red ensemble, featuring the symbol of the Manydays Pirates.

"Lifting things and moving things, huh?" Layna comments, rolling her shoulder. She picks up a crate - she can't carry nearly as much weight as Talise can, but she's still got some muscle on her.

"Am I lined up here, Sephy?" Layna calls down, and waits for word from her before lowering the crate into one of their boats.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Without a Port on Shore.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    Lanval's along. He's noticed Talise's melancholy - he's tried to keep it out of mind by following any sort of petty pursuits like 'laying down on the road,' but there's subjects he can't avoid forever. What they went through... it did sort of seem for a while that they were invincible against any apocalyptic threat they could throw at them. Mother has been laid low. K.K.'s attempt to corrupt Filgaia's core has come up empty. With all they've been through, their boons, their seemingly legendary prowess... they could not stand against Obsession.
     "Mmmhmm." Lanval says, attentive as he sits on the boat while Talise works. Eyes open half-lidded to the expanse of sea around them, as if attentive for the return of the unstoppable monstrosity. It always feels like it could appear at any time. To his credit, he'll say so if they look crooked.
     "Once ya get 'em in the water... I can help push 'em there." Beat. "Indirectly... I mean, with my power, of courshe..." He doesn't really want to jump in the ocean water. Even if the pyreflies can't really 'touch' him (or vice versa), they seem like they could turn into dangerous creatures at any time. It seems like good practice not to let oneself be submerged within a great number of them.
     He closes his eyes for a moment and thinks on what he saw as he tried to escape Mushroom Rock Road in order to rejoin Fox Company. He saw something that reminds him of a danger that might be held at bay... but a danger that can exist.
     A danger that can fester, if whatever delicate balance between them is ever disrupted.
     "Shoooo... y'know, thinkin' 'bout it, now'sh a good time ash any...!" Good time as what? "Ha ha ha!" What's so funny! "Actually I shoulda told ya shooner... w-wait, nothin' bad, nothin' bad, jusht... didn't come ta mind, given all that'sh gone on..."
     They did all have a handful of things to do.
     "Ah! Whoopsh, that one'sh lookin' crooked, shorry... anyway, where wash Iiiii... mmmm..."

DG: Seraph Lanval has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Without a Port on Shore.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

 "Yeah, sure, fun and joy are my middle names."
 
 Ceimglace is on a boat. Ceimglace is on a boat, wearing a blue and white, what could be termed as a 'bikini', with a robe over it. Her hand is over her eyes as she glances over towards the dock. "Well, I'm not really all that helpful here, but I can at least be an extra pair of hands." She comments, humming faintly in the bottom of her throat as she helps crew members get the lifeboats loaded ... mostly by directing them, rather than handling anything.
 
 Yaaaay, hard work...

DG: Seraph Ceimglace has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Without a Port on Shore.
=============================<* Kilika Restoration *>=============================
====================<* CHALLENGE - Without a Port on Shore *>=====================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
----------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 Weeks ago, Sin visited the seaside village of Kilika.                         
                                                                               
 Since then, various groups have taken on restoration efforts ranging from     
 local Yevon and Crusader groups, the Althenan Guard, as well as the Wayside   
 Outreach just to name a few. You and your Drifter group have come today to    
 Kilika on one of the ships inbound for its port as part of such efforts. As   
 your vessel draws into port, you quickly discover a problem:                  
                                                                               
 Local storms overnight have torn down the relief wharfs suited for a vessel   
 sized for the one you're riding on.                                           
                                                                               
 You could arrange landing boats to deliver the supplies onshore, but it'll    
 be quite a lot more effort and organisation to lift and transfer them --      
 best get going while everyone's fresh and raring to go!                       
=Dungeon Conditions: Tire=====================================================
========================<* Kilika Restoration - Round 1 *>========================
======================< Results - Without a Port on Shore >=======================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talise Gianfair                     0 --(3)--> 3                   Pass
Ogre Power Gauntlets                2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen           
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      0 --(8)--> 8                   Fail
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sephilia Lampbright                 0 --(3)--> 3                   Pass
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       0 --(8)--> 8                   Fail
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Ceimglace                    0 --(3)--> 3                   Pass
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC                
------------------------------------< Party >-------------------------------------
Leader: Talise Gianfair             0 --(20)--> 20                 Pass
Conditions: Tire(2)
Effects: Strengthen(1)
================================< Dream Chasers >=================================
DG: The party led by Talise Gianfair has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

Nobody muscles boxes like Chauncey. There's a little help along, mind: Benedict Greygust, Ace Courier, hangs back to act as quartermaster.

With a crooked grin back at Ceimglace, Talise muscles her box of food into one of the lifeboats. "You know how you can help? Stand in one of those boats and let me know if I'm on target while I'm lowering these things. Well. Me and Chauncey." Indeed, the fluffy fox comes trundling in, passing a box down into one of the boats.

Soon enough, a routine forms in one of the boats. Talise jumps down; Chauncey hands her a box; Ceimglace is there to help her stack them just right. The other boat proves to be a bit harder to balance; the boxes are tough to push, and they're heavy enough that Layna has to strain to lift one of them, requiring Benedict to step in and give her a hand.

Soon enough, though, the work is done, and Talise has picked up an oar and rowed the boat she's in to shore, joined by the second one. She sets to work lugging some of the boxes off.

All this work leaves her sweating noticeably. She doesn't seem to mind. While she's smiling, there's an intense determination behind her eyes.

"Okay." She straightens, wiping her forehead with one hand. "What's on your mind, Lanval?"

DG: Layna Manydays has drawn a new Challenge.
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
================<* CHALLENGE - Kwehkly! They Went That Way! *>================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 You hear the telltale sound of 'kweeh' and 'waark' in the distance -- it      
 must be chocobos.                                                             
                                                                               
 Sure enough, you see several chocobos bolting towards the jungles just as a   
 woman and her children breathlessly catch up to you. "Oh no, my chocobos...!  
 They were supposed to help pull the goods for us!"                            
                                                                               
 You know that domestic chocobos don't quite have the same instinct as wild    
 ones, so with enough quickness on your part, you could probably catch up to   
 them and bring them back -- and that'll help save you effort in the long run  
 too.                                                                          
=Dungeon Conditions: Hesitate, Treasure=======================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna gives Benedict a nod of thanks as he joins in, and together they manage to get the box in place.

Now, they've got all the crates loaded up and transported to the shore. There was supposed to be a group of chocobos waiting to pull them off to where they need to go, but...there doesn't seem to be any sign of them?

Fortunately, they don't need to wait long. They hear the telltale sign of chocobos approaching, and soon enough a group of birds...run right past them, their harnesses free of any pulling devices.

Uh-oh.

"Whoa! What's got in their feathers...?" Layna asks, surprised.

"N-nooo, Warky! Come baaack, Warky...!" She blinks and looks to the side, hearing a child's voice calling out.

Three people - two children accompanied by a woman who is likely their mother - approach them, clearly out of breath.

"M-my chocobos...they were supposed to help pull the goods for us..." The woman laments. Layna grins. Crate lifting might not have been her best work, but this was something she could handle.

"Not to worry, lass, we can take care o' this. Just leave it to us, aye? We'll get 'Warky' and the others back, no problem." Layna replies. The woman looks relieved at this.

"Oh, would you? Thank you so much!" She says. One of the children runs up - the one who was calling out to the bird earlier - and offers a bunch of assorted veggies to someone - Chocobo bait.

"Warky only eats the red ones, okay? But don't overfeed him or he won't want to pull the boxes anymore!" The girl lectures, as if reciting from memory.

Layna nods, and with that, she's off.

Fortunately, she reasons that they couldn't have gone far - they're domestic birds, so they don't have quite the same instincts.

And, fortunately, they've left a trail leading straight to the jungle - and they can see a flash of yellow disapearing into the trees.

Layna draws a bottle from somewhere, takes a swig, offers it to the next person, and takes off.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Quartermaster's Stash toward her party's challenge, Kwehkly! They Went That Way!.
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

"We seem to be choco-less," Talise remarks, pulling her bandanna off to quickly dab her forehead. She ties it around her left bicep from there.

"Oh, there they are," she says as the chocobos come running up.

"Oh, there they go," she says as they go running by.

When the woman dashes up to ask for their help, Talise immediately steps forward with a wide smile, flashing a big thumbs-up. "Leave it to us!" she volunteers earnestly. "They can't be too fast, right? Let's get to it!"

Picking up some of the bait, the big swordwaoman darts off along the trail of footprints the chocobos left. When Layna offers her a drink, she knocks back a quick swig, then wades into the trees.

A mosquito buzzes in. Talise promptly swats it. Then she leans around a tree, wagging a handful of red greens.

"Kweh," she calls, pitching her voice to try and mimic a chocobo. "Kweeeeh."

DG: Talise Gianfair has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Kwehkly! They Went That Way!.
<Pose Tracker> Sephilia Lampbright has posed.

Sephy slams Chauncey down onto the beach with the force of his re-embiggening once she has a bit of the chocobo bait in hand, and when the embiggening has re-'d, from her old perch in his backpack, she sends him forward.

"Chauncey an' me will. try to head him off," she calls, "and try and spook him back this way!"

DG: Sephilia Lampbright has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Kwehkly! They Went That
Way!.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

 Ceimglace remains good at doing things like, directing people. A strong voice and a habit of making one's self noticable will do that. She happily does the directing, even though she stops mid-step, watching yellow blurs. "A--are those the chocobos I keep hearing about? Because they're..."
 
 Talise says it best. 'there they go'
 
 "I'm not that fast!" The ghost complains as she darts for the trees: she's relying on a bit of her natural agility here from dancing as she dives the other way from Sephy and Chauncey, just to kwehkly catch them in case they try to turn away from the other pair.

DG: Seraph Ceimglace has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Kwehkly! They Went That Way!.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    "I'll tell ya while we work!" While 'we' work. It wasn't long ago that Lanval just lazed around and did whatever as everyone else did heavy lifting. However, as virtually all of Spira can see him, and he can't so easily bum free stuff, he has to help work. It's an improvement! Even if... he still does a lot of lazing around.
     "Mmmm... sho, ya remember the place in Elru? The losht temple," Lanval says in vague mid-transit to the next step of their part of helping recovery efforts. "When the Trial Knight went 'n tried ta kill Raftina. Guardian of Love." He name-drops this high diety in Guardianism just like that. "I wash at the center of all of it... all of that Malevolence." He closes his eyes as the next problem rears its ugly head.
     Cute, yellow, feathery heads. Multiple, and not ugly. Trouble is still rearing at least one head, though, so semantics aside...
     Lanval sits down and gets out his smok-- bubble pipe, which is the exact opposite of what is asked of him to do. He breathes out bubbles that drift out very far, very wide, chasing further into the jungle and then popping ahead of the escaping chocobos.
     To give them fresh water to drink. Displaced seawater is not potable. Lanval can't make them drink, but he can lead them to this water to slow down and let them be reclaimed, as he sits at relative peace with the world.
     He smiles gently.
     "...I know I had ya worried, what with bein' ashleep after all of that." He was stuck in his bottle-vessel for a while, deep in meditative communion with Schturdark up until everyone got dumped in Spira. "'m shorry. Couldn't be helped, 'caushe..."
     Beat.
     "...mmmm, shorry, guessh we gotta help 'em there firsht, huh."

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Bubble Pipe toward his party's challenge, Kwehkly! They Went That Way!.
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
================<* CHALLENGE - Kwehkly! They Went That Way! *>================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 1          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 You hear the telltale sound of 'kweeh' and 'waark' in the distance -- it      
 must be chocobos.                                                             
                                                                               
 Sure enough, you see several chocobos bolting towards the jungles just as a   
 woman and her children breathlessly catch up to you. "Oh no, my chocobos...!  
 They were supposed to help pull the goods for us!"                            
                                                                               
 You know that domestic chocobos don't quite have the same instinct as wild    
 ones, so with enough quickness on your part, you could probably catch up to   
 them and bring them back -- and that'll help save you effort in the long run  
 too.                                                                          
=Dungeon Conditions: Hesitate, Treasure=======================================
======================<* Kilika Restoration - Round 2 *>======================
==================< Results - Kwehkly! They Went That Way! >==================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talise Gianfair                     3 --(8)--> 11                  Fail
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      8 --(3)--> 11                  Pass
Quartermaster's Stash               2   Agility Effects: Quicken              
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sephilia Lampbright                 3 --(3)--> 6                   Pass
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       8 --(3)--> 11                  Pass
Bubble Pipe                         3   Agility Effects: Rally                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Ceimglace                    3 --(8)--> 11                  Fail
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC                
----------------------------------< Party >-----------------------------------
Leader: Talise Gianfair             20 --(25)--> 45                Pass
Conditions: Hesitate(2)|Tire(1)|Treasure(1)
Effects: Quicken(1)
==============================< Dream Chasers >===============================
DG: The party led by Talise Gianfair has passed this challenge! The party gained 25 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Seraph Ceimglace has drawn a new Challenge.
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
========================<* CHALLENGE - Monkey Magic *>========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 Several distressed workers hail you to where their allotted relief supplies   
 are absent. After calming down, they explain the bizarre occurrence of        
 several monkeys surfacing from the jungle and spiriting the crates away!      
                                                                               
 Fortunately, it seems one of the crates were leaking grain, leaving you a     
 vital clue to follow as footprints make themselves shown in the jungles. The  
 mischievous little thieves couldn't have gone far, but the jungles are full   
 of Ragora, Dinonix and other Fiends -- so beware of your surroundings as you  
 investigate!                                                                  
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure, Exhaust========================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

The chocobo chase begins as the party rushes into the forest.

Talise makes use of the greens, trying to lure the chocobos in. Warky spots her quickly, and particularly the red greens in her hands. Sure, he's interested in those...but he also sees that they're in the hands of a big, unfamiliar person, so he keeps his distance. This will direct him right toward Chauncey and Sephilia, however, who are able to head him off.

Fortunately, as tame birds these ones lack any real aggressive tendencies. Warky shrinks back...but when he sees that none of them mean any harm he will edge forward and nibble slightly at the red greens in Talise's hand.

Meanwhile, there's the rest of the pack to tend to. Layna and Ceimglace chase after them, but the terrain is pretty difficult and the birds are built to bypass it.

Fortunately, Lanval has an idea. Several bubbles float up...and then pop, raining down in front of the rest of the escaping chocobos and forming a small, temporary drinking hole.

The birds skid to a stop...and then, curious, go to take a drink. They're thirsty from their escape attempt, leaving their focus on the water and giving Ceimglace and Layna both the perfect opportunity to sneak up on them.

Layna grabs the reins of one of them, and as she does so a small bundle of fluff and feathers pops out of her hat - a chocobo chick. The hatchling begins peeping at the older chocobo. It sounds...almost like the bird's trying to give them orders.

Layna chuckles, shakes her head, and looks around at the others.

"Alright, looks like we got 'em - let's lead 'em back now, alright?" She says.

As she does so, her eyes wander toward Lanval. She was listening to him the whole time. She had been curious what happened, she couldn't deny that. And...

"Aye, we sure were worried. We didn't know what was goin' on." She replies.

<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

 Ceimglace takes off after Layna, but unlike Layna, she doesn't make a step over a large tree root, and instead goes tumbling down, down, down, and ... flat onto her face. She lays there for a few minutes, but not before raising her voice and offering a thought to Lanval: "So what was it, then, darling?"
 
 She pushes herself to her feet, dusting off the dirt.
 
 After recovering, Ceimglace breathes heavily for a few seconds, right as she promptly gets ran past by a monkey clinging to something in it's hand as it darts. Ceimglace blinks as she leans down, peering at the white granules. "What in the world is that?" She asks, not to be outdone by a peeping Chocobo chick who is too darn cute.
 
 TOO DARN CUTE.
 
 Meanwhile, yet another pair of people come crashing up to the group, breathing heavily. "Monkeys! Took ... crates of grain... need it back! Gotta feed ourselves and the chocobos somehow!"
 
 "Ah, monkeys." Ceimglace says gravely. "Mischevious little things... looks like they've left us a trail - just be careful, folks! We should probably keep an eye on the grain, but look up in towards the trees, rather than on the ground more: they're mostly tree-dwellers, if I remember my notes from previous forest-based misadventures."
 
 Soft 'ooks' echo dangerously through the forest. Dare you follow?

DG: Seraph Ceimglace has used her Tool Life's Notes toward her party's challenge, Monkey Magic.
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

"Yeah?" Talise is listening to Lanval even as she tries to attract a chocobo, but her attention's as much on the Seraph as anything else. She does, at least, manage to lure one of the birds. With a smile, she pats the critter on the bill, all too aware of her own little chocobo back in the care of Benedict.

As they lead the birds back, the big swordswoman cants her head towards the rain seraph once more, eyebrows arching. "I gather you came to some understanding with a Guardian, but I'll be honest: I don't understand their theology all that well. Whatever happened, you seem a lot happier lately anyway, so that's a good thing."

She breezes after Ceinglace when the Ice Seraph spots something. As people start shouting about monkeys, Talise sets her hands at her hips.

"I think I have the perfect solution for this," she opines with a smile. Reaching into her inventory, she comes out with a yellow bottle of something.

    Old Man Ettlesbury's Olde-Fashioned Creme de Banana Liqueur

"Do not ask where I got this," Talise says as she uncorks the bottle and proceeds along the grain line and into a clearing, where she drips some of the liqueur out onto the ground. She sets the bottle in the middle of the little spill pattern before ducking into a bush and waiting to pounce.

"Seriously. Do not ask where I got this," she echoes.

DG: Talise Gianfair has used her Tool Old Man Ettlesbury's Olde-Fashioned Schnapps toward her party's challenge, Monkey
Magic.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna pauses and looks back at Ceimglace as the latter trips over a tree root.

"...You alright, lass?" Layna asks, making sure she's okay before doing anything else. Ceimglace's position lets her spot something of interest, though, and Layna frowns.

And explanation arrives soon enough, in the form of a pair of crashing through the trees.

"...Right. In that case, you two finish bringing these birds back. We'll deal with the monkeys." Layna says.

Talise already has a plan, in fact! Involving...banana liqueur? Layna raises and eyebrow. Talise says not to ask where she got it.

...Layna really wants to ask.

She doesn't, though. Instead, with a shrug she draws out her telescope and uses it to scan the treetops at Ceimglace's suggestion for sign of the monkeys that were causing trouble - or, failing that, any other signs of trouble that might bother them while they're trying to catch the thieves.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Captain's Telescope toward her party's challenge, Monkey Magic.
<Pose Tracker> Sephilia Lampbright has posed.

Sephy's got her journal out. "Dad always said to watch out for monkeys," she says mournfully.

"He never trusted them."

DG: Sephilia Lampbright has used her Tool Dad's Journal toward her party's challenge, Monkey Magic.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    Lanval eventually has to get up and follow the rest to see to the securing of the chocobos. He smiles pleasantly (also stupidly, it's always stupid) to see them drink and find some contentment, while his own kind Ceimglace enjoys the company of a baby chocobo. There is always something charming seeing new life. New life that has yet to experience the difficult harships and compromises existence itself brings.
     Word of monkeys making off with supplies comes up. "Mmmm... guessh we gotta keep goin' in here, then! I'll shay more along the way." His means of walking is as silly and weird as always, but there is something in the air about him that speaks of there being ever more about him. He's always been 'an aura of joy in little things' and also 'watery.'
     The scope of 'watery' has expanded manifold. Water, in all of its glories, and some of its not-so-glories, like they are walking aside the company of a being who is more water than ever before. In the manifestation of a drunken, long-bearded, overweight lout who doesn't wear shoes. The robes on his body, once ratty and worn, seem to have been mended to approach something respectable. (He should still consider shoes, one may say. Lanval will not heed them. Lanval does not do shoes.)
     "That'sh okay, sho long ash I can ashk where it'll go~" Bumming for a drink. "Ha ha ha!" He laughs as he sits down.
     "Mmm," a hand goes to his chin, "yer right about that, Talise. When all sheemed losht... one of 'em reached out ta me." He couldn't ever be able to recount what went through him in words. The sensation of almost losing yourself, irrevocably, to the corruption cannot translate to rational thought nor discourse. The same can be said for the experience of reaching out to the embodiment of water of the world that once 'just' filled the night sky of this one.
     "Schturdark, Guardian of Water," he says with all reverence. Reverence ruined because he's wearing the funny amber-tinted novelty lens glasses again, "would have me sherve them."
     He sits in meditation with the drinking gourd on his lap, held in both hands gingerly. His eyes open half-lidded if any Fiends draw near. Should they, as they work...
     ...well, that won't be easy because their sit will reflect off the stupid glasses lens, so there's that bonus.
     "I help shpeak on behalf of the Water of Filgaia, now... 'n that'sh not all."

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Amber Tinted Glasses toward his party's challenge, Monkey Magic.
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
========================<* CHALLENGE - Monkey Magic *>========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 Several distressed workers hail you to where their allotted relief supplies   
 are absent. After calming down, they explain the bizarre occurrence of        
 several monkeys surfacing from the jungle and spiriting the crates away!      
                                                                               
 Fortunately, it seems one of the crates were leaking grain, leaving you a     
 vital clue to follow as footprints make themselves shown in the jungles. The  
 mischievous little thieves couldn't have gone far, but the jungles are full   
 of Ragora, Dinonix and other Fiends -- so beware of your surroundings as you  
 investigate!                                                                  
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure, Exhaust========================================
======================<* Kilika Restoration - Round 3 *>======================
==========================< Results - Monkey Magic >==========================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talise Gianfair                     11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Old Man Ettlesbury's Olde-Fashioned 1   Wits    Effects: Cleanse              
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Captain's Telescope                 3   Wits    Effects: Fanfare              
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sephilia Lampbright                 6 --(0)--> 6                   Pass
Dad's Journal                       2   Wits    Effects: Enlighten            
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Amber Tinted Glasses                3   Wits    Effects: Fanfare              
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Ceimglace                    11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Life's Notes                        2   Wits    Effects: Enlighten            
----------------------------------< Party >-----------------------------------
Leader: Talise Gianfair             45 --(25)--> 70                Pass
Conditions: Exhaust(1)|Hesitate(1)|Treasure(1)
Effects: Cleanse|Enlighten(1)
==============================< Dream Chasers >===============================
DG: The party led by Talise Gianfair has passed this challenge! The party gained 25 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

 Ceimglace, irrepressable, opens her mouth; "Talise, is ... where..." She emphasizes not to ask, and Ceimglace shuts her mouth rather than continue down this line. "Nevermind..."
 
 "Good eyes, Layna!" She says, even as she and Lanval are both able to do what she can't, and spot up and further along towards the grain trail. Using this information, as well as the advice from Ceim's own and Sephy's father, Talise is able to set a trap for the monkeys using her Creme de Banana Liqueur.
 
 That they're still not allowed to ask about.
 
 Using all of this, they're able to distract the monkeys away from the grain, and secure it for the good of the village - people and animals alike.
 
 Hooray!

DG: Talise Gianfair has drawn a new Challenge.
=============================<* Kilika Restoration *>=============================
========================<* CHALLENGE - Lord of the Ochu *>========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
----------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 Several villagers have fallen ill of sickness and your medical supplies have  
 run low. You learn from the locals that a handy source of Remedies come from  
 a notorious Fiend in the Kilika Jungle known as "Lord Ochu".                  
                                                                               
 The old, overgrown Ochu is wrapped in violet leaves stemming to a large body  
 of green, the Lord Ochu would be quite the threat... if it didn't also spend  
 most of its time sleeping under the basking sun of the Kilikan Jungle's       
 clearings.                                                                    
                                                                               
 You'll need to come close and use your most precise techniques to harvest     
 some of its roots to create the Remedy... but beware and be ready for         
 combat, because it may very well wake up under the slightest provocation!     
=Dungeon Conditions: Bad Luck, Fright, Hesitate===============================
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

"Look, it's an incredibly long story!" Talise protests with a broad wave of her arms. "Honestly!"

As they return to the village, however, they soon stumble upon a tent full of sick villagers. They're drawn into conversation with an older woman.

"The Chartreuse Fever is dire indeed," she says grimly. "The only cure is the Remedy. But they are protect by... Lord Ochu."

"Leave it to us!" Talise says for the fourth or fifth time today, again giving a big thumbs up.

A little trekking into the woods later...

"Well. That's an interesting creature," Talise remarks, keeping her voice hushed as she starts forward. Pressing her lips together, she draws Rastaban--

She thinks better of it. She sheathes it and pulls out a simple hatchet. Slinking towards the huge, dozing Ochu, nothing less than an enormous leafy mouth with a green foliant skirt of sorts around it, Talise tries her best to keep the noise down. It's going to have to be an extremely precise operation. Delicately, she takes ahold of one of the roots -- and realizes by the time she whacks at it, the Ochu will wake up.

Talise shrugs. Then she raises her axe and musters something.

And she attempts to cleave through several roots at once with a blow that crackles with green light, trying to get as many roots as possible before the Ochu awakens!

DG: Talise Gianfair has used her Tool Dragon Courage toward her party's challenge, Lord of the Ochu.
<Pose Tracker> Sephilia Lampbright has posed.

Sephilia and Chauncey have fought things like this before!

They *hate* doing it.

"Uwaaaaa, why do we have to fight one of *these* things? It's *so hard* to get the smell out!"

Sephy watches Talise take a swing with the axe. She frowns for a moment, judiciously, then nods, passing the Chair to Chauncey. "We'd better take it seriously," she advises her plush bodyguard.

DG: Sephilia Lampbright has used her Tool Folding Chair toward her party's challenge, Lord of the Ochu.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna considers what Lanval says. So, the Guardian of Water had asked for Lanval to serve them. She frowns a little.

"...That sounds like a lot of pressure." She comments. "You sure you're okay with it, lad?"

Sure, she knew that, in the past, he was a Lord of the Land - a notable position even among his kind. But speaking on behalf of the water seemed like a heavy weight to bear. It sounds like there's more for him to say, though, so she doesn't say anything further just yet.

Meanwhile, though, she sends Ceimglace a grin as the Seraph compliments her and stows the telescope away.

The chocobo hatchling has, by this time, gone back to napping in the safety of her hat.

With the grain secured they get back to town, only to find that they're in need of a Remedy, to treat a dangerous fever going around.

Back into the jungle it is, then.

The Ochu, turns out to be...a lot bigger than she thought it was, and sleeping. She wasn't exactly cut out for delicate work like this so she hangs back, letting them handle the bulk of the effort.

If they end up needing her, though, she'll be right there with them to see if it's possible to punch a plant's lights out.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Combat Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Lord of the Ochu.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

 "Okay... walk softly, and make sure you have your biggest stick."
 
 Is what Ceimglace says when she sees the Ochu. She rustles around in the one bag she always has, and pulls out a viscious green potion that sort of sloshes around in the way that doesn't exactly look good. "Drink. Should help against basic maladies. Ochus are nasty."
 
 It doesn't taste good. She swigs, swallows, winces, passes it on.

DG: Seraph Ceimglace has used her Tool Apothecary's Potions toward her party's challenge, Lord of the Ochu.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    The adventure continues in which to see to the recovery of a Remedy from one Lord Ochu. It's a delicate matter where they have to sneak up, but Lanval sure has a lot to say as they come to see the sleeping, napping beast.
     He moseys on up and tips a shining bottle of water on it. This is a 'nicer' version. Reassuring, comforting, as if to impart the idea that nothing will ambush or aggress upon the person. That it's more of a general-purpose monster repellent and the Lord Ochu is technically a 'monster' is a point that is lost.
     His mind is on other things.
     "It'sh a tashk I'm willin' ta take up," he says as he looks to how Chauncey takes up arms, and Layna checks to ensure he's okay with the pressure... "'caushe I want ta shee Filgaia thrive again." The world there is dying. His sentiments to Schturdark... might be best kept between water entities. "That, aaaannnnd... in a way, I do have a lotta experience in helpin' keep Malevolence from gettin' too bunched up. Filgaia hadn't had a problem with any of that about until recently... mmm. A big problem, what with what the Trial Knight did. Sho... ta that end..."
     He was a Lord of the Land for over five hundred years, after all - that's a heck of a resume.
     "...Which ish ta shay," he says as he smiles as he neglects to think that maybe his pouring might wake up the poor Ochu, "through Schturdark, I can impart the meansh ta Purify the Malevolence."
     ...
     He said that.

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Holy Bottle toward his party's challenge, Lord of the Ochu.
=============================<* Kilika Restoration *>=============================
========================<* CHALLENGE - Lord of the Ochu *>========================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
----------------------------< Challenge Information: >----------------------------
 Several villagers have fallen ill of sickness and your medical supplies have  
 run low. You learn from the locals that a handy source of Remedies come from  
 a notorious Fiend in the Kilika Jungle known as "Lord Ochu".                  
                                                                               
 The old, overgrown Ochu is wrapped in violet leaves stemming to a large body  
 of green, the Lord Ochu would be quite the threat... if it didn't also spend  
 most of its time sleeping under the basking sun of the Kilikan Jungle's       
 clearings.                                                                    
                                                                               
 You'll need to come close and use your most precise techniques to harvest     
 some of its roots to create the Remedy... but beware and be ready for         
 combat, because it may very well wake up under the slightest provocation!     
=Dungeon Conditions: Bad Luck, Fright, Hesitate===============================
========================<* Kilika Restoration - Round 4 *>========================
==========================< Results - Lord of the Ochu >==========================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talise Gianfair                     11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Dragon Courage                      1   Combat  Effects: Embolden and Fanfare 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Fight                               0   Combat  Effects: BASIC                
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sephilia Lampbright                 6 --(0)--> 6                   Pass
Folding Chair                       2   Combat  Effects: Stalwart             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Holy Bottle                         2   Combat  Effects: Resilient            
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Ceimglace                    11 --(0)--> 11                 Fail
Apothecary's Potions                1   Combat  Effects: Cleanse              
------------------------------------< Party >-------------------------------------
Leader: Talise Gianfair             70 --(20)--> 90                Pass
Conditions: Bad Luck(2)|Fright(2)|Hesitate(2)
Effects: Cleanse|Embolden(1)|Resilient(1)
================================< Dream Chasers >=================================
DG: The party led by Talise Gianfair has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

Talise can't quite respond to Lanval just yet because she's in the midst of the GREAT PLANT MOB CAPER!

The problem is that everyone else has decided to hang back. Ceimglace catches a drink. Lanval gives it a nap and goes on talking. Layna hangs back. Chauncey has a chair. That leaves only Talise with a cutting weapon.

Even with her hatchet, she gets through several roots with several swings. The Ochu garbles awake with a screech, flailing vines everywhere.

It goes back to sleep with a big *THONK* as Chauncey wallops it with the chair. The big plant slouches, and Talise collects up the roots hastily, dashing out of range and back to the group. "Well, that was a quicker trip than expected," she quips, a bit out of breath.

As they travel back, she listens as Lanval explains things. "I'm glad you've found a purpose," she says with a grave nod for the Rain Oracle.

And then her eyebrows lift. "Oh, huh. That's interesting. So you can make people mini-Soreys? Do the people you give it to have to change religion, too?"

DG: Layna Manydays has drawn a new Challenge.
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
==========================<* CHALLENGE - The Race *>==========================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 With a hard day's work behind your group, the Kilikans have invited you to    
 participate in one of their proud customs to remember the fallen:             
                                                                               
 A race up the steps to Kilika Temple!                                         
                                                                               
 The race this evening has quite the lineup, between a Hyadean Tainted with    
 accordion tubing legs, a Guardsman with Althenan Wind Magic, a Kilikan        
 Blitzball veteran, and even several Drifters who've decided to pitch in for   
 fun.                                                                          
                                                                               
 It's been quite the long day, but the smiles and laughter amidst everyone's   
 faces are genuine. Are you up for this? Ready...                              
                                                                               
 GO!                                                                           
=Dungeon Conditions: Exhaust==================================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna thinks about that for a moment for a moment as they walk back, leaning back with her eyes shut and her arms behind her head. She exhales, then, and nods.

"...Well, lad, if you're good with it...then I'm behind you one-hundred percent, aye?" Layna says. "Just as long as it's what you wanna do."

Lanval was her friend - she'd go up against even the Guardians themselves if they were giving him trouble.

He's right, though - he does have a lot of experience...and interestingly enough he says he can impart the means to Purify Malevolence.

...Interesting.

Talise asks the important question, though, so she waits for the answer.

The walk back to Kilika is uneventful, and the ingredients for the Remedy are delivered promptly. It seems that they will be able to prepare it in time!

As they leave the tent, though, they spot some familiar faces - Warky is there, with one of the children they met before on his back. The mother is there, too, with her other child latching onto her hand. The four of them are accompanied by the two that were chasing the monkeys.

"Thank you so much for all your work today, everyone...I don't know how we can begin to thank you for everything you've done for us." The mother says. "We're holding a race at the temple in a little while - it's a tradition, to remember those we've lost. We would be honored if you would join in."

Layna looks at the others, and thinks it over.

"...Sure, why not? What's a little more runnin' aroun', aye?" She says with a grin.

After some time to rest, they all gather up the bottom steps of Kilika Temple. There's a lot of different people gathered there - a Hyadean, with accordion tubing legs, a Guardsman with wind sorcery, who notices them, knows who they are, but says nothing, a Blitzballer, some Drifters, and some other members of Layna's crew.

On the sidelines, the people of Kilika join in with outsiders. Everyone's having a good time - there's a general sense of cheer and positivity, even after everything they've lost.

The signal to begin the race sounds...but winning or losing doesn't matter. Today, everyone wins.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Quartermaster's Stash toward her party's challenge, The Race.
<Pose Tracker> Sephilia Lampbright has posed.

Sephy's eyes widen in shock and amazement at Lanval's revelatory statement. "You--you can do that?! I didn't--how does it work? Is it like, psh, fwoooooo, krssssssshhhhhhh and then the malevolence is washed away?" Sephy makes illustrative gestures to explain the sound effects.

They still don't really make sense.

Mournfully, though, Sephy concludes that using Chauncey in a footrace would be unfair, and thus it is on foot that she begins the race.

Maybe she's the quickest today!

DG: Sephilia Lampbright has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, The Race.
<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

"A race?" Talise says with a blink. Her first impulse is to size up the competition.

Don't do that, she reminds herself. What would Lady Chloe do?

Talise smiles widely and ties her bandanna back on. "We just wanted to try and help," she says, bowing her head shallowly to the mother. "We'd be proud to take part."

A little rest later, Talise is gathered with the racers. She's one of the taller ones, with more muscle mass and little benefit of sorcery - but she limbers up nevertheless, stretching. It's probably fun to watch if you're fascinated by muscles.

The signal is given. With a broad smile, Talise boosts herself off the starting line.

She gives a good go of it. Her booted heels thump against the stairs as she leaps up them with long strides - but while there are racers getting ahead of her, she just keeps her pace.

Winning isn't even a thought - or if it is, it's one she's not proud of, and deliberately sets to the side. All that matters is the joy.

DG: Talise Gianfair has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, The Race.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    "I shure want ta shee a troubled world be happy. 'Caushe it'sh in my nature! I mean, I wash called Lanval the Mirthful Wellspring, after all~" Now it's 'Lanval the Fallen Seraph' to the greater Althena contigent, but the meaning of what he says to Layna should shine through. It is in his nature to impart happiness and contentment by his natural Domain.
     Lanval smiles as Talise seems to get the gist of what that all means. As she asks the other question... Lanval takes a hand to his chin. "Mmm... I wouldn't shay that... anyway, guessh I better get to the bottom of it."
     Speaking of the bottom, he's sitting down before a fun race up the steps of Kilika's temple.
     "The Guardians are only concerned 'bout keepin' Filgaia alive... well... 'n shafe." He looks to Talise, the most captive of the present audience, knowing full well what's been on her mind since the Operation. "...We didn't come ta life on Filgaia itshelf," he continues, "but each and every one of ya here... ya all went outta yer way ta help it at itsh timesh of need."
     Lanval remembers what he gave up, to see to the safety of Celesdue's statue. He knew the Guardians, weird entities they were at the time to him, were not his enemy when they moved to help purify the infected Ley at Mount Manfred. Even if it may have been ultimately with the intention to save Filgaia by proxy...
     The maintenance of one's world is something that deeply resonates with him. Althena apparently did not want his help any more.
     "...Malevolence ain't shomethin' that'sh in big shupply here," which is to say there's almost none to speak of, "but I shure did catch shight of shome Hellions on the way back from Mushroom Rock... Rolance onesh. Now... it didn't sheem like the pyreflies let it take root. They kept shwirlin' 'round like they jusht didn't get along, buuuut..."
     Lanval takes out that Bubble Pipe again and has himself a drag. He knows when people want to race and have fun, so he'll just float along by on the go, and continue that way.
     "...Point ish... even if we ain't here by choice, we're shtill fightin' the Clysmian Obsession... what they call Sin here." What they tried to fight, he should say, but he's still on the clock. So to speak. "Even if the Malevolence ain't gettin' much place ta root, doeshn't sheem like a great call ta let it shtew... sho..."
     Lanval continues to float by and watch the race. He might technically be 'winning,' but he's also cheating. Water doesn't like going up surfaces. So he's just floating instead, for fun, while expositioning.
     "I don't think I gotta look far for findin' a worthy champion I could trusht with a piece of the Water of Filgaia," he says as he lazes and laughs inside his bubble with all warm sincerity, as Sephy asks a key question. "Well... we'd need ta form a pact, firsht, Sephy! Then through me... Schturdark'll give ya a piece of that power. After that, yep, that'sh... 'bout like what the Shepherd doesh, thereaboutsh..."
     Lanval exhales with a pleasant sighing. While floating along.
     "...Mmmmph. We can talk 'bout it later," because everyone's having a super fun race for funs, "but thaaaaat'sh 'bout the bashicsh of it... I'll talk with each of ya one by one shoon~"
     Talise has seen the loss of someone who was deeply influential in her life and a complication as regards her dreams. Sephilia is still getting a grip on what it means to be an explorer when not every discovery is happy. Layna's got plenty enough on her plate as regards keeping her way of life in a land that fears what lies beyond the oceans. Ceimglace grapples with the love of performance itself after so many years, her mischief masking difficulties.
     There's a lot to take in on all fronts, but now, together, there's at least one front they can fight back against.

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Bubble Pipe toward his party's challenge, The Race.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

Ceimglace makes a bit of a face. She's not really good at outright speed, even if her dancer's agility helps her out more than most people would expect out of an Ice Seraph. However, her gaze is on Lanval too much to be concerned about the race: and her eyes are sharp, the strange color to them giving her a bit of a thoughtful look when she finally relaxes, giving him a smile.
 
 "I'm happy for you, Lanval." She says, simply. "One world forsake you, but you have found the mirth and joy I know you still hold in your heart on another planet. I am glad to see it."
 
 At the race line, she puts her robe and bag to the side, leaving her in just her beach wear; she eyes the stairs as she bounces on the balls of her feet. When the 'go' is given, she goes for the stairs ... using her own magic to cool herself down every so often.

DG: Seraph Ceimglace has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, The Race.
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
==========================<* CHALLENGE - The Race *>==========================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 2          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 With a hard day's work behind your group, the Kilikans have invited you to    
 participate in one of their proud customs to remember the fallen:             
                                                                               
 A race up the steps to Kilika Temple!                                         
                                                                               
 The race this evening has quite the lineup, between a Hyadean Tainted with    
 accordion tubing legs, a Guardsman with Althenan Wind Magic, a Kilikan        
 Blitzball veteran, and even several Drifters who've decided to pitch in for   
 fun.                                                                          
                                                                               
 It's been quite the long day, but the smiles and laughter amidst everyone's   
 faces are genuine. Are you up for this? Ready...                              
                                                                               
 GO!                                                                           
=Dungeon Conditions: Exhaust==================================================
======================<* Kilika Restoration - Round 5 *>======================
============================< Results - The Race >============================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talise Gianfair                     11 --(7)--> 18                 Fail
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Quartermaster's Stash               2   Agility Effects: Quicken              
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sephilia Lampbright                 6 --(7)--> 13                  Fail
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Bubble Pipe                         3   Agility Effects: Rally                
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Ceimglace                    11 --(0)--> 11                 Pass
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC                
----------------------------------< Party >-----------------------------------
Leader: Talise Gianfair             90 --(30)--> 120               Pass
Conditions: Exhaust(1)|Fright(1)|Hesitate(1)
Effects: Quicken(1)
==============================< Dream Chasers >===============================
DG: You have overcome the dungeon's trials! This run is a success!
DG: The party led by Talise Gianfair has successfully explored Kilika Restoration!
===========================<* Kilika Restoration *>===========================
=======================<* CHALLENGE - Al Bhed Primer *>=======================
|Type: Discovery   |Dungeon Ability: Conclusion|Challenge Rating: 1          | 
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 Your team's managed to come first in the race!                                
                                                                               
 The day ends with a celebration at the open Temple grounds, with festive      
 food and drink as well as merry exchanges of music and Blitzball technique    
 exhibitions. The Kilikans' spirits aren't so easily dampened, and your aid    
 has come a long way to bring back a smile during a tough time like this.      
                                                                               
 The Kilikan innkeeper waves you over and hands you a book that he managed to  
 salvage in the disaster, explaining that this is an Al Bhed Primer that       
 could help you in your travels. It contains some rudimentary travel and       
 adventurer-related passages, and is part of a bigger set.                     
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure=================================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

"...Heh, I guess it's easy to decide, when you put it like that." Layna remarks with a smirk as Lanval responds. She listens as he continues, taking note of his mention of Malevolence...as well as the pact that would be required.

"...Aye, lad. Feel free to grab my ear whenever." She says with a wave.

And then, the race begins. Everyone gives it their all, but in the end, Fox Company is the group that makes it through first - there are some difficulties - some of them trip every now and then, or start to slow down. It's been a busy day, after all - but they help bring each other forward, and in so doing, they're able to make it through.

Everyone cheers - even the other competitors, who show no ill will toward them.

Layna chuckles, for once looking so sheepish at all the attention being heaped on them.

With the race complete, the festivities can begin in earnest - there's food, and drink, and even music and song!

Several Blitzball players demonstrate their techniques, Layna and her crew joining in.

Everyone's having a good time - enjoying and appreciating the life they have now, so that those they've lost will be able to look upon them with a smile.

As the day begins to wind down, they all head toward the inn, where they've received a free nights stay. Before they head to their room, however, the innkeeper stops them and offers them a book.

It's a Primer, he says - a guide to the Al Bhed language, containing some rudimentary phrases that should help them in their travels. There are more primers out in the world...but he lost most of his set in the disaster, and this is one of the few he has rest.

It's a fine reward indeed, for a group of adventurers.

<Pose Tracker> Talise Gianfair has posed.

Talise isn't first among the Company. She's done a lot of the more physical lifting, and even with her half-Beastman genetics, she's starting to get tired. She's sweating again by the time she reaches the top, breathing heavily, but with a wide smile on her face as she tugs her bandanna off and pushes a few sweaty locks back with a rake of one hand.

"Of course, Lanval," she assures the Oracle with a smile. "Let's talk real soon, okay?"

She joins in the revelry afterwards. She has a drink. Another drink. She holds them expertly. For a time she pulls out her lute and starts singing a lively song about dancing - something about 'roll on chiro pup' or something along those lines. It's enough to get the little Spiran kids dancing.

By the time the day's over, Talise has a bit of time to check out the primer, but it's not long before she flops in a hammock with intent to doze off.

She drags a warm body down with her. It ends up being Ceimglace. Talise has a bad eye for 'warm.'

<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    Lanval cheats, sure, but he's just floating along and having a good time of it. He's happy that Kilika's finding some sort of joy, but he knows in the moment that it's fleeting at best. He can see the ruin, the loss. It feels less an appreciation of the good things, at times, and more of a distraction.
     Spira is not his land. Filgaia, looming way above, awaits its Oracle of Schturdark to return to it. Spira is surrounded by sorrow, and he got a rude reminder first-hand as to why Spira's plight will not be permanently dealt with any time soon. He can feel the latent joy start to ebb away from those among Kilika, the idea that they'll soon wake up again to have to face down another tragedy, another inevitability. Sin could come back at any time. The spiritual pressure of this place feels the same whether Sin's there or not.
     It doesn't stop him from enjoying the festivities, but he cannot escape that air of resignation. He'd like to do something about that.
     As Talise goes to doze off with Ceimglace keeping her company, Lanval considers the sight of it. it really did used to be - still is, very much so - that Seraphim and mortals still live very different existences. Much of it is by necessity, due to...
     ...
     He considers what he already knows Talise has been through as of the Operation's aftermath. Most among his kind would find it a great cause for worry. Even for the questions and challenges she faces, though...
     Lanval knows what she believes in - her convictions - are rock solid. He's sure Ceimglace will be just fine if she wants to be with her.
     Lanval, contrary to his nature of generally wanting/liking to be at rest, takes the time to check on Layna's rowdy but loyal crew as they all wind down, and even for Sephilia too, however they take to their rest after a long, hard day of work after the tragedy at Mushrom Rock Road some time before.
     ...
     Some time later he retrets into the safety of his vessel, once satisfied everyone will hold up okay for the evening. He only hopes Filgaia's holding up all right in his absence in form, if not in spirit.

<Pose Tracker> Seraph Ceimglace has posed.

 Ceimglace sneaks Lanval a thumbs up.
 
 "It's a good thing we're on an island." The Ice Seraph notes to Talise as she makes herself a drink with her own ice cubes, and sips, and watches everyone retreat to do their own thing. It's nice to have a family.

<Pose Tracker> Sephilia Lampbright has posed.

Sephy has food. Sephy has new book. New book has *travel journal information* and Sephy basically spends a lot of the celebration absently cramming the local meat dumplings into her mouth, rapt over either her own sketching of the people present or the primer.

Sephy is a very, very excited young woman right now. She has questions for Lanval, if he'll take the time, when he checks in on her to rest. (She's not drinking, so she's up a bit later.)

And then, when it is time to sleep, Sephy finds a corner, embiggens Chauncey to lean in it, and curls up against her friend.

"Ugh, stupid ochu."