2019-11-20: Ghost Pirates of the Northern Aquavy Seas

From Dream Chasers
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Log: Ghost Pirates of the Northern Aquavy Seas
  • Cast: Ines Colina, Layna Manydays, Josephine Lovelace, Seraph Lanval, Lily Keil
  • Where: Great Sea
  • Date: November 20, 2019
  • Summary: A small group takes advantage of the offer of the Guild Galad Cartographical Institute's request for assistance on their mapping expedition. A few days' survey of the surrounding islands is had-- but where there are islands... there are ghost pirates.

DG: A party led by Ines Colina is now entering The High Seas.
DG: Party formation is now over. An Entry Challenge will now be drawn and displayed to the party.
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
=================<* CHALLENGE - Did You Take Ranks In Sail? *>==================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 2          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 When you step aboard "The Little Belt", the ship you have signed to assist
 for this expedition, the captain proves friendly and greets you with a slap
 on the back. The dockworkers are still loading so there will be a while yet
 until departure, so you should make yourself comfortable -- there'll be
 plenty to do once you're underway.

 Although... they do ask you after a moment to take a look at the map with
 them. There are a few possible routes they could attempt through the islands
 of Aquavy. Some might be riskier depending on local conditions, others might
 be safer. What are your thoughts?

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/wolfstack-lights
=Dungeon Conditions: Reckless=================================================
<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.

    Guild Galad's Cartographical Institute has been hiring drifters for an unusual escapade- mapping the smaller islands of Aquvy. It's a change of pace, a few days voyage just exploring and taking notes and maybe fighting off terrible sea beasts.

    It's a change of pace that suits Ines Colina just fine. It's more respectable work than what a Geohound usually lands, and the pay is good. She leans over the starboard edge of the shi, looking out at the waters. Not as pristine or beautiful as the seas of Spira, but also more familiar. The wind picks up her seaweed green hair, as she holds her hat in one hand.

    The captain of 'The Little Belt' has greeted everyone jovially, which is a pretty good reaction. The vessel is comfortable, and there are bunks enough for everyone, assuming sleeping in shifts.

The captain emerges from the bridge, and gives a shout. "Ahoy there!" He indicates to the gathered drifters. "Mind comin' and takin' a look at the map? We need to plot a route, and thought you lot might want a say."

    Ines gives a nod, and puts her hat back on, before heading to the bridge. "I'm more of a swimmer than a sailor," she admits, looking at the map, "but I don't think we need to be too concerned." She runs her finger through a course with some minor peril, and touches the locket round her neck. "That's my thoughts, anyway. What do the rest of you think?"

DG: Ines Colina has used her Tool Family Locket toward her party's challenge, Did You Take Ranks In Sail?.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Layna really was glad to be back on the sea again. There was a reason she'd taken a few steps back from Digging of late - her time was mostly spent sailing the sea with her crew, and appreciating the thrill of exploring a new world. That isn't to say she's not doing any work outside of that, though - there's always ships in need of knowledgeable seafarers, and so when she hears that 'The Little Belt' is looking for some, she's right there.

It's good many, and things she would appreciate doing anyway. She hasn't come alone, either - today, she's accompanied by her crew's Quartermaster, Dahlia - a short, stern-faced woman who can usually be found carrying a two-handed boarding axe with her.

They're having a good time when the Captain of this ship calls out, looking for everyone's opinion.

"A route, aye...? Lemme see here..." Layna says, moving in close to examine the map. She studies it for a moment before drawing her telescope from her waist, extending it, and using it to look off in the horizon.

"Hmm...judgin' from the wind, an' our current location... I think you wanna go this way, Captain." Layna advises, tracing a route along the map. "That's what my gut's tellin' me, anyway."

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Captain's Telescope toward her party's challenge, Did You Take Ranks In Sail?.
<Pose Tracker> Josephine Lovelace has posed.

    Seeing as Josie's life recently has involved both a gain and a loss of fortunes (mostly the latter, due to her drinking though them) she's among those who have signed up for a tour with the Cartography Institute. Anything that puts some cash in her pocket is a good job as far as she's concerned. And you never know, maybe she'll find a hint for something she's been hunting for.

    Whether it's the 'big one' or not.

    Standing on the deck with her fellow recruits -- most of whom she's at least familiar with, if not in closer personal contact on a semi-regular basis -- she's asked her opinion on the route.

    Her response is to pull a cigarette out, light it with a snap of electricity and take a good long drag.

    Dark eyes watch the hazy smoke drift lazily through the air.

    "I'll second that," Josie remarks. "I ain't a sailor or none, but watching how the wind's going... I'd say follow her advice." She shrugs, then offers up a lopsided smile.

    "Watchin' the wind's important digging in the desert. Nothing ruins a day like a sandstorm."

DG: Josephine Lovelace has used her Tool Pack of Cigarettes toward her party's challenge, Did You Take Ranks In Sail?.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    Out of the perception of the vast majority of the gathered is a (largely) benevolent water spirit who has managed to find himself careening onto the deck of a ship for reasons that may never be elucidated further beyond 'Just Because' or 'Idly Tagged Along With Layna.' He spends a curious amount of time leaning up against a railing, looking down into the very water from the ship's railing. The portly phantom looks the part like someone ready to let loose their lunch.
     Staring blearily into the seawater. He can be roused out of it with a name call or gentle physical persuasion, but he looks the part of someone with plenty on their mind.
     The call comes for everyone to come help plan a route - Layna's know-how is definitely stand-out! She's one of the most seasoned seafarers there is!
     Lanval staggers along to one unoccupied corner of whatever furniture is hosting the map, or the gathering.
     "Doesh he not have an idea of where to go...? Mmmm." Lanval's expression neutralizes a bit as he scratches away at his chin. "I mean, I guessh it'sh uncharted fer ush, too..." The Oracle of Schturdark concedes that much as he slips back against a wall and slides down.
     It's easy to lose himself in the scope of things, the vast breadth of the very water of Filgaia - the way it ails, all of that. Just as it seems like his conscious thought might slip out of the grasp of personal, one-on-one interaction, an idea hits him.
     "What shoundsh fun?" He asks with a stupid smile. "Shoundsh ta me we can go anywhere...!"
     (This may not be a helpful metric for serious cartography ventures.)

DG: Seraph Lanval has contributed a Wits Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Did You Take Ranks In Sail?.
<Pose Tracker> Lily Keil has posed.

Less charted territory means more chance of finding something undiscovered--and that is worth the attempt as far as Lily is concerned. ...But even if it weren't, she does still have to make some money now that the Wolves's last job has become irrelevant for a good while.

Lily doesn't go in so much for touching but she appreciates the spirit in which it's meant--and the wind blows her black hair, too. She's in a dress, now, a bit above knee length instead of the usual floor-length she became used to for a while--boots too. Dark gray, as if obvious contrasted to her hair--and she has an ARM at her belt with a black sword on the other side, her knife in her boot. That's relevant, actually, because hse pulls it, holding it thoughtfully as she looks down to the map.

"Captain Manydays is a good person to listen to, naturally..." Lily points out a spot on the map near but slightly off the expected route, "But the currents we've charted imply there's something in this spot that isn't on the map. The divergence can be best explained by a solid landmass."

"It's on the route you mentioned, or close to," she suggests to Layna. "But I think it's a good lead. I've heard some stories, too."

A glance to lanval, then. "Heh. I also think it's the fun route. You can tell me if I'm wrong when we get there, too--you know this water better than any of us I imagine."

Lily tosses the knife up and catches it. "But do what you need for your crew, obviously."

DG: Lily Keil has used her Tool Lily's Knife toward her party's challenge, Did You Take Ranks In Sail?.
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
=================<* CHALLENGE - Did You Take Ranks In Sail? *>==================
|Type: Entry       |Dungeon Ability: Wits      |Challenge Rating: 2          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 When you step aboard "The Little Belt", the ship you have signed to assist
 for this expedition, the captain proves friendly and greets you with a slap
 on the back. The dockworkers are still loading so there will be a while yet
 until departure, so you should make yourself comfortable -- there'll be
 plenty to do once you're underway.

 Although... they do ask you after a moment to take a look at the map with
 them. There are a few possible routes they could attempt through the islands
 of Aquavy. Some might be riskier depending on local conditions, others might
 be safer. What are your thoughts?

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/wolfstack-lights
=Dungeon Conditions: Reckless=================================================
=========================<* The High Seas - Round 1 *>==========================
===================< Results - Did You Take Ranks In Sail? >====================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Investigate                         0   Wits    Effects: BASIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josephine Lovelace                  0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Pack of Cigarettes                  1   Wits    Effects: Cleanse
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily Keil                           0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Lily's Knife                        2   Wits    Effects: Enlighten
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Captain's Telescope                 3   Wits    Effects: Fanfare
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ines Colina                         0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Family Locket                       2   Wits    Effects: Stalwart
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Ines Colina                 0 --(20)--> 20                 Pass
Conditions: Reckless(2)
Effects: Cleanse|Enlighten(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: The party led by Ines Colina has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Ida Everstead-Rey has left your party.
<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.

    The captain takes all the suggestions on board. Layna's choice of route is sound and well thought out, years of experience as a legitimate seafarer count for a lot. Josephine's observation of the wind is noted, as he takes it into account. Lily comments about the fun route to someone the captain can't see, and is also flinging a knife around, but also seems on the mark about something undiscovered. Ines nods in agreement with the others, and also casts a look towards Lanval. "Just don't complain if the fun route turns out a little too exciting."

    The Captain eventually gives a firm nod. "Alright. I think that plots us a fine course. We should be pretty close to land in a few hours, you all shoulod rest up until then!" He doesn't hurry people off the bridge, and if you wanted to see how a ship like this works you could, but there's not much to do for the immediate moment.

    Ines walks back out onto the bridge, and leans against the railing again. "I guess we've got things easy for a while." She says to anyone who chooses to join her. "Can't say I'll complain if this is a cakewalk, though."

DG: Lily Keil has drawn a new Challenge.
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
===================<* CHALLENGE - Sea - Sailor's Nightmare *>===================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 The shout goes out late one evening -- the worst has happened, the one thing
 all sailors dread.

 Part of the ship has caught fire. Out on the ocean, there is nothing as
 dangerous as a fire on a ship and the sailors struggle to contain the blaze.
 Smother it, drench it -- to save the ship you must help them fight the fire.

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/lowlands
=Dungeon Conditions: Wound====================================================
<Pose Tracker> Lily Keil has posed.

"Too exciting is what I do--I am a mercenary," Lily points out. Then she nods to Josie, because they're mercenaries... together.

Late in the evening, Lily does not have a hat--she rushes out on deck without her shoes, in fact, having ignored them for the moment. The worst has happened? Fire. Lily knows Fire well... and she knows that most of her magic unfortunately is not well suited to stopping it without destroying everything. However--

"Get back!" Lily calls, hefting the ARM in her hand. She appears to be planning to shoot the fire. But as she takes aim--she holds the trigger, and it shoots forth not bullets, but a beam of freezing cold as Lily seeks to smother the flames with the chill of the Trial of Lefay itself, deep beneath Macalania--

And starts shooting water bullets into it for good measure while she's letting the gun warm back up to fire the beam again.

"Is anyone injured!? I'm a medic, pull them out and get them on the deck for triage!"

One woman with a freeze ray is small before such a blaze, though.

<Pose Tracker> Josephine Lovelace has posed.

    Josie smiles, lopsidedly. "Guilty as charged," she remarks, dusting the deck with a little stray ash.

    Archaeologist. Drifter. ARMs Meister. Mercenary. She's a woman who wears many hats.

    Once the ship sails out to sea, things settle down a good deal. Enough that one might suspect that the trip might almost -- almost -- be boring.

    Josie passes the time belowdecks, apparently taking transcription from the tile she collected in Almaryyt, in Spira.

    Until, late at night, she's awoken by a shout.

    She ascends to the deck to see it, curling into the sky and threatening the sails, following up some of the rigging She's no sailor, but even she can tell that this is just about to be a match to a bonfire. If it reaches the sails they're toast.

    So she does what seems best in the moment and rushes for it, mattock bared. They can replace the rigging--

    She thinks, anyway.

DG: Josephine Lovelace has used her Tool Well-Used Mattock toward her party's challenge, Sea - Sailor's Nightmare.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

"Good eye." Layna praises with a grin, glancing toward Lily as she points out the possibility of an undiscovered landmass.

It isn't long before they get on their way. ...But, late in the evening there's a shout of panic.

A fire.

Layna and Dahlia spring out at once. The former curses at the sight of the fire blazing before her.

"Damn. It's spreadin' fast." She mutters. "Alright, guess it's a good time as any to try this!"

Layna recites a quick incantation and a sphere of water appears in the air above her before dropping with a splash down toward the fire, trying to help smother it. Her wind would probably just make things worse - this, though, might be able to help. But, she's still trying to get the grasp of the element - she won't be able to extinguish it alone with what she's currently capable of. But she knows one person who would be helpful to have here...

"Lanval! You awake, lad? We could use your help, aye?" She calls out.

Dahlia, meanwhile, rushes in - looking to help pull out anyone who might be caught in it.

<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.


    Ines had been below decks, honestly taking the moment to rest. She had crammed into a too-small bunk, and tried to sleep.

    It didn't take.

    And then the cries of 'fire!' had come up, and she dashed up to the deck. "Damn it..."

    Her symbology won't help here. Wind would only feed the flames, and dropping big chunks of rock or metal sure are more likely to put a hole in the vessel than actually help the situation. She looks around, for anything to help slow it down.

    "Start a bucket chain!" She yells, because she can actually contribute to that. It's not much, but she can damn well do something, hauling a large container over the side with a rope attached. Hopefully that will contribute until someone who can actually do something can contribute.

DG: Ines Colina has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Sea - Sailor's Nightmare.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    It doesn't take long for Lanval to get lazy. His stay on Spira was starting to foster the necessity to engage in a proper work ethic! For the short months he was there, they almost - almost! - had him as someone who could pass for a working man... drunk on the job, but working! It might be just as well not to freak out the non-Resonant they are working alongside, though, that he just keeps out of trouble and sleeps for this leg of the journey.
     ...Then chaos breaks out. It's enough noise to rouse Lanval from slumber (assuming Layna or her cohort doesn't shout at him to get up). It doesn't change that he staggers along from where he was resting out towards the open, where the unmistakable orange luminesence of a raging flame reaches his sight.
     "Fire... yep." Lanval could afford to wake up a little faster as he faces down the mortal peril the corporeal among him are in. He tries to put on a reassuring smile, but that's best left for after the fire is put out!
     He has himself a sip from that drinking gourd of his, heavy with a piece of the very water of this world itself....
     "This flame doth find itself surrounded by fine drink... shall it not slake its thirst? Ha ha ha!" Lanval says in a far more booming, regal voice as he opens his eyes up all the way, gesturing as he channels some of this very nearby water to come up and smother this raging flame.
     This is a very well-intentioned gesture. The logistical issues involved, well...
     The fire will almost certainly be taken care of, there's that.

DG: Seraph Lanval has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward his party's challenge, Sea - Sailor's Nightmare.
DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Brute Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Sea - Sailor's Nightmare.
DG: Lily Keil has used her Tool Lycoris RM-81-ICE toward her party's challenge, Sea - Sailor's Nightmare.
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
===================<* CHALLENGE - Sea - Sailor's Nightmare *>===================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Brute     |Challenge Rating: 2          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 The shout goes out late one evening -- the worst has happened, the one thing
 all sailors dread.

 Part of the ship has caught fire. Out on the ocean, there is nothing as
 dangerous as a fire on a ship and the sailors struggle to contain the blaze.
 Smother it, drench it -- to save the ship you must help them fight the fire.

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/lowlands
=Dungeon Conditions: Wound====================================================
=========================<* The High Seas - Round 2 *>==========================
=====================< Results - Sea - Sailor's Nightmare >=====================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josephine Lovelace                  0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Well-Used Mattock                   2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily Keil                           0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Lycoris RM-81-ICE                   2   Brute   Effects: Strengthen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ines Colina                         0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Force                               0   Brute   Effects: BASIC
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Ines Colina                 20 --(20)--> 40                Pass
Conditions: Reckless(1)|Wound(2)
Effects: Strengthen(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: The party led by Ines Colina has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Lily Keil has posed.

Josie thinks quickly to limit where the fire can go, and acts accordingly--there is in fact more rope to repair the ones she has to cut. Layna and Dahlia take a more direct approach--Dahlia pulling people out, and there are those who have passed out in the fumes though thankfully no one immersed completely in flame--and Layna with her magic. She's still getting a grasp of the element, but her water indeed starts to put out fire where it touches.

Ines rallies the crew--they start with their buckets at her direction, because she's big and has a big voice.

And then, as they all work for parts of it, Lanval shows his specialty; saltwater splashes down onto the fire, helping to put it out faster than the others could have managed themselves... and also, yes, splashing Dahlia and the others close in, too. It hurts some burns. It involves using the buckets to get some water back out. ...But it also may be what made the difference in putting it out before it got much worse, contained by the otehrs but finished by, appropriately, a spirit of water.

There's cheering! Not everybody can actually see Lanval so he doesn't even get blamed. Hooray!

DG: Layna Manydays has drawn a new Challenge.
=============================<* The High Seas *>==============================
==================<* CHALLENGE - Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam *>==================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 2          |
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 You spot it out on the water one day. There, on the horizon -- debris riding
 the waves. It looks to have been part of the cargo of another ship likely
 now lost to the sea. The cargo, though, remains, and must be watertight for
 it to float like this. Perhaps there might even be something salvageable and
 good among the lot of it.

 The challenge for you, though, is getting to it. The ship is absolutely not
 equipped with a claw or scoop for such endeavors.

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/undulata
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure=================================================
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Dahlia ends up getting splashed - by Layna and Lanval both. She bears this stoically, and in the end the group manages to prevent anyone from getting seriously hurt!

Thankfully, the next day is not quite as uneventful, though it does bring something of note - as they sail toward their next destination, they come across some debris floating on the waves.

"Hmm...the look o' that debris... there might be somethin' o' worth in it, aye?" Layna considers, studying it from a distance. There are some watertight crates, still floating at the top of the ocean. She looks upon them appraisingly.

...But, as the captain is quick to point out, this is a cartography expedition, not a salvage ship - they're not equipped with a salvage arm for things like this.

"Guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way..." Layna mutters. "Dahlia, get the rope."

With that, Layna draws out a bottle from her coat and takes a deep swig. Afterward, she'll pass it on to whoever seems to want some next. ...Lanval goes last, though, for obvious reasons.

The reason for Layna's request soon becomes obvious - Layna ties one end of the rope around her waist while Dahlia remains on the ship, holding the other. And then, Layna dives underwater, looking to grab onto one of the crates and tug onto the rope to signal Dahlia to pull her up.

There's still some more crates out in the water, though. Better get to work.

DG: Layna Manydays has used her Tool Quartermaster's Stash toward her party's challenge, Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    Something very curious happens. Layna is a practiced hand at dispersing drink among her crew and Fox Co - Lanval gets it last because whatever's in there when it's his turn, nobody else is getting to have one after. There ends up being one problem.
     He's not standing there to receive it. Either he has since dozed off again, or...
     ...um.
     "Ha ha ha!" Lanval's laughter can be heard out on the debris-strewn waves, lying prone on a large, blobby... bed-thing? It is brightly-colored, has a crude likeness of a horse head sticking out of this strange material morass of mystery. It is smiling. It is unblinking.
     It is floating across the open waves towards the more interesting-looking bits of the whole mess.
     "Onward...! Buyoant Shteed...!" Lanval lazily raises an arm and points in a direction, and... well, he's good at making water do what he wants it to.
     He looks up to the rest and vaguely gestures to anyone that might be looking to get inside the water. "Don't ya worry! I'll shee ya all through..."
     ...
     That is one creepy-ass bed-horse-thing.

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Bouyant Steed toward his party's challenge, Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam.
<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.


    Ines had been indulging in the most reverent shipboard past time that is playing dice games with the crew, atop the deck with a few off duty crew members. She has not, thankfully, gambled away her pay from this trip, but it's not been going great. Luck doesn't seem that on her side. She stands up from the table with a sigh. "I think I should get out while the gettings good."

DG: Ines Colina has used her Tool Runic Whip toward her party's challenge, Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam.
<Pose Tracker> Josephine Lovelace has posed.

    "Now that," Josie remarks, when all is said and done, "was a little more excitement than I wanted, eh?"

    She goes for her flask rather than light a cigarette. It only seems fair.

    Sleep eventually comes for her, and dawn breaks over a day that is somewhat less exciting in that particular vein, but a little more interesting in others.

    Say, for example, that field of debris bobbing on the waves.

    "Poor saps," she remarks, likely on the subject of the wreckage itself. "What say we have a little look-see?"

    Though there is the pointed question of how, precisely, they do that.

    ...But as he has in the past, Lanval can provide.

    "Hm," Josie mulls, regarding the mighty steed.

    The unblinking floating... misshapen steed.

    "Huh."

    Then she regards the sea itself, shrugs, and hops aboard.

    "Well, why not. Tiger, you'll fish me out if I fall in, right~?"

DG: Josephine Lovelace has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam.
<Pose Tracker> Lily Keil has posed.

On the bright side, those who are wounded at all have Lily in addition to the ships' medic, and she has healing magic to pass out. She does so duly, though it's not as comfortable as the gentle healing of a Crest Sorceress, maybe. Here and now, though...

Lily looks out over the sea thoughtfully, and then nods as she sees the debris. "Might just. If we're not equipped, well..."

Lily absolutely takes some grog or whatever it is. No question. But she doesn't worry about the rope. Lily regards the floating steed, and Lanval, and Josie. "...Sure, why not?" she answers Josie. "But I don't want to hurt it. It's fine, though."

Lily just dives in after a moment, entirely comfortably, bobbing upward--and then it becomes clear that her markings are glowing blue, as ice forms around her in the water--not completely freezing over, but clearly helping with the whole buoyancy thing.

"I'll check it out. I can float some over if we find anything interesting."

...She isn't actually immune to her own magic, though, so she may have to spend some energy healing after all this cold...

DG: Lily Keil has contributed a Agility Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam.
=============================<* The High Seas *>==============================
==================<* CHALLENGE - Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam *>==================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Agility   |Challenge Rating: 2          |
--------------------------< Challenge Information: >--------------------------
 You spot it out on the water one day. There, on the horizon -- debris riding
 the waves. It looks to have been part of the cargo of another ship likely
 now lost to the sea. The cargo, though, remains, and must be watertight for
 it to float like this. Perhaps there might even be something salvageable and
 good among the lot of it.

 The challenge for you, though, is getting to it. The ship is absolutely not
 equipped with a claw or scoop for such endeavors.

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/undulata
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure=================================================
========================<* The High Seas - Round 3 *>=========================
====================< Results - Sea - Flotsam And Jetsam >====================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Bouyant Steed                       1   Agility Effects: Cleanse
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josephine Lovelace                  0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily Keil                           0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Rush                                0   Agility Effects: BASIC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Quartermaster's Stash               2   Agility Effects: Quicken
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ines Colina                         0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Runic Whip                          2   Agility Effects: Quicken
----------------------------------< Party >-----------------------------------
Leader: Ines Colina                 40 --(25)--> 65                Pass
Conditions: Treasure(1)|Wound(1)
Effects: Cleanse|Quicken(1)
==============================< Dream Chasers >===============================
DG: The party led by Ines Colina has passed this challenge! The party gained 25 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

Midway through the salvage work Layna pauses, staring at Lanval and his Buoyant Steed. She stares at it, really taking it in.

"...Lanval, where...the hell did you find that? It's kinda...freaky-lookin'." She questions, confused. Who would make a thing like that? ...And yet, at the same time, it seems almost perfect for Lanval.

Overall, though, the salvage work goes off without a hitch - all of the crates are removed from the sea. They'll probably all need a little time to warm up after this - but hey, they found some loot already! At least for Layna, this is already the sign of a good expedition.

<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    "Jusht now...!"
     THIS CASTS SERIOUS DOUBTS INTO WHETHER IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO LOOK INTO THE SALVAGED CRATES

DG: Seraph Lanval has drawn a new Challenge.
==================================================<* The High Seas *>===================================================
=======================================<* CHALLENGE - Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship *>========================================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          |
-----------------------------------------------< Challenge Information: >-----------------------------------------------
 It's a dark and cloudy night when it happens. From out of the banks of fog
 there comes sailing forth a ghostly ship -- and not just any ship.

 This one is filled to the brim with pirate ghosts, none of which look like
 they're here just to have a pleasant chat. To arms, then -- send them all
 back to their watery graves!

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/submergio-viol
=Dungeon Conditions: Fright===================================================
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    For those who ride on the steed, it's... comfortable? Just very weird. Like a raft, but... a plaything? Why would anyone make a plaything out of a raft? This is a conundrum that can wait.
     The expedition team manages to get the usable cargo on board - and a lot of useless debris, too, for some reason, like the water kept wanting to have them keep it. It's weird, but... anyway, the rest of the evening is spent largely securing, inventorying, and not throwing the useless flotsam and jetsam out into the water.
     It gets foggy. The team has an excellent look-out, and even a fancy high-end salvaged Metal Demon-issued handheld light column-creating thing (...a flashlight). Strange colors out in the night fog bloom into sickly, shining hues of emerald green and other weird colors the night tends not to take.
     Followed by the silhouette of another seacraft... with much of its hull missing... and on fire. Green fire.
     "INCOMING! INCOMING!" They call. "HOSTILE CRAFT!" He does not dare make them hesitate by saying something they might doubt - once they come see with their own eyes, flickering green flames occasionally take the shape of ragged people of the sea in worn-out clothes. They start to sail parallel to the ship's deck, where they help themselves.
     Lanval, already awake, throws down a shining line of water from an equally bright-hued bottle that forms a temporary wall. Some of the apparitions just flop into the drink, unable to mind the gap as it stands - but that may not stop them.
     "Don't worry... they ain't shtayin'," Lanval remarks... but then, wherever Ines is, he looks her way in brief. Hard as it is for him to sometimes recall a mortal he has seen only sparingly, there is something striking about her appearance, what did it tie t--
     St. Centaur. Where the Saint Guardian ultimately failed to protect its people - her people.
     ...
     All the better reason to make sure these ghostly sorts don't cross the line he's set.

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Holy Bottle toward his party's challenge, Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship.
<Pose Tracker> Josephine Lovelace has posed.

    As it happens it's a fairly comfortable ride. If a little disconcerting.

    "I wonder if they'll have some floating ducks in there, too," she remarks. Fishing/dragging along some of the smaller crates is somewhat trivial from the back of the 'steed'.

    When all is said and done, among the debris she finds no ducks but certainly a few bits of scrap. Every mechanist worth their salt can always use a little bit of scrap. Into the pack it goes.

    She's well in her cups when the cry goes out: there is a--

    Stumbling out into the darkness -- well semi-darkness -- Josephine Lovelace blinks blearily at the glowing vessel pulling up alongside their ship.

    She takes a swig from her flask.

    "I ain't drunk yet," she claims, taking a still-steady step forward atop the deck. "So we've really got ghost pirates."

    She pockets her flask, regards the undead pirates attempting to board, and grins.

    "I take back what I said about it bein' boring!" she shouts, drawing on the nearest of the lot with a sidearm, brought readily to hand.

    She is not merciful.

DG: Josephine Lovelace has used her Tool Liquid Courage toward her party's challenge, Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship.
<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.


    Another night, another attempt at sleep. It had again gone poorly. Ines is out on the deck, pacing. That means she's on deck when the cry goes out, and she sees what's up ahead. "What in the hell... They're undead!"

    You can't really call yourself a geohound if you haven't angered some undead spirit in the name of loot, or perhaps unethical robber barons who want to build a train line. She's tussled with ghosts before.

    Her ideal solution of 'hit them really hard' often doesn't work with ghosts.

    She looks over to Lanval, putting his barrier up to protect the crew. "Yeah." She nods. "Get below deck, we'll take care of these bastards!" She starts swinging her boleadoras, building up speed.

    Fortunately it's not just the two of them, as Josie opens fire on one batch of ghosts, and Ines turns to another batch, throwing the triple weighted weapon abd activating the symbological runes.

    Magic DEFINITELY works on ghosts. As soon as they're thrown, Ines is whipping up a windstorm, to hurl some of the ghosts into the sea, or at least off The Little Belt.

    She doesn't know what's going through Lanval's mind. But if it helps, the Guardians aren't the only ones she blames for St Centour.

DG: Ines Colina has used her Tool Bewitched Boleadoras toward her party's challenge, Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

There is a warning of a hostile craft incoming. Layna and Dahlia are both quick to rise to the occasion, the former observing from afar with her telescope.

"A ghost ship, aye..." Layna considers. And then, the ghost ship arrives. Layna and Dahlia stroll out to meet it.

"Well, well, well...! You lot have a lot of nerve, comin' after us." Layna says with a laugh. She shakes her head, while Dahlia draws her axe, resting it against her shoulder.

"If you wanna get sent back to the locker, be my guest, ye drowned bilgerats... You're either brave or foolish, thinkin' a pirate that's already given up the ghost can measure up to one that's still alive an' kickin'!" She jeers, a malicious glint in her eyes. And then she wades into battle, fists swinging - Dahlia joins her soon after, her axe carving through any that Layna happens to miss.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Combat Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship.
<Pose Tracker> Lily Keil has posed.

Lily can just freeze things into place; on the other hand, some people might be disturbed by her serious case of Way Too Cold Arms that borders on injury... that by nightfall is fully healed. As the night comes, as the strange fog is there...

Lily is below decks at the moment, working on a new journal. But she hears the calls--and then she senses something, now that she's paying attention, but can't identify it until she sees for herself. The line of water that makes for a wall gives Lily a chance to look. However...

"The dead," Lily says, frowning over. She looks to Josie already stepping forward. "Can't say it's bad timing," Lily admits. "I'm looking to learn ways to deal with them. Might as well learn on the job."

She looks to Ines, nodding in approval as she sees her. "Hope we're all ready to earn our keep!" the witch calls as she draws out the strange black sword at her side from--well, she had a scabbard made for it, to help keep its curved edge honed. But in her other hand she draws a strange disc, an Artificial Medium of Celesdue--

And then she charges into the mass, leaping for the other ship outright.

"Hah!" With a shout, she hacks at the first, but her initial weapon isn't terribly effective--another slash, and then she thinks. She considers.

"...Now's the time," she says, and closes her eyes--the angry dead mostly seem to ignore her at first in favor of the ship--

"Gather," Lily says, and her Medium flashes--tugging a bunch of them straight towards her, where it becomes clear with the circuitry gleaming at her shoulders, violet, that she is working some dark magic--

And it feels darker a moment later still, shadow gathering around her and the others as she twists her shadow just so, forming a font of necromantic power.

And then she twists a little further, the world around her groaning slightly as that necromantic power shreds, becoming a poisonous, deadly thing to those who would feed upon it. That is--Lily seeks to shred the ghosts' forms outright, fire to fire, so to speak.

And she might manage it.

DG: Lily Keil has used her Tool Moon Medium toward her party's challenge, Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship.
==================================================<* The High Seas *>===================================================
=======================================<* CHALLENGE - Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship *>========================================
|Type: Exploration |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          |
-----------------------------------------------< Challenge Information: >-----------------------------------------------
 It's a dark and cloudy night when it happens. From out of the banks of fog
 there comes sailing forth a ghostly ship -- and not just any ship.

 This one is filled to the brim with pirate ghosts, none of which look like
 they're here just to have a pleasant chat. To arms, then -- send them all
 back to their watery graves!

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/submergio-viol
=Dungeon Conditions: Fright===================================================
=============================================<* The High Seas - Round 4 *>==============================================
=========================================< Results - Sea - Pirate Ghost Ship >==========================================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Holy Bottle                         2   Combat  Effects: Resilient
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josephine Lovelace                  0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Liquid Courage                      3   Combat  Effects: Rally
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily Keil                           0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Moon Medium                         2   Combat  Effects: Stalwart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Fight                               0   Combat  Effects: BASIC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ines Colina                         0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Bewitched Boleadoras                3   Combat  Effects: Rally
-------------------------------------------------------< Party >--------------------------------------------------------
Leader: Ines Colina                 65 --(20)--> 85                Pass
Conditions: Fright(2)
Effects: Resilient(1)
===================================================< Dream Chasers >====================================================
DG: The party led by Ines Colina has passed this challenge! The party gained 20 exploration! If anyone needs to use
party management commands, do so now. Otherwise, the next round's GM may begin the next round with +dungeon/draw.
DG: Josephine Lovelace has drawn a new Challenge.
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
================<* CHALLENGE - Land - For He Is A Pirate King *>================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 It's during the exploration of this island that you find yourself suddenly
 under attack by pirates. They're no match for your group and you make short
 work of them, and in the process you find out that there is in fact a pirate
 lair here, set up within a crumbling ancient ruin. Naturally, you fight your
 way in.

 Inside there are more pirates, leading you through a prolonged battle
 sequence through the corridors of the ruins, until at last you find yourself
 up against the pirate king himself--

 And now the /true/ battle begins.

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/infernal
=Dungeon Conditions: Maim=====================================================
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    Whatever frights in the night there are, this hardened crew of Drifters may well be scarier than the actual threat they're facing. The expedition crew, having never experienced this sort of thing, are uncertain and even paralyzed trying to look into these spectres.
     Josephine is not merciful. She is also not unsteady in her aim, as her sidearm pierces through semi-corporeal bodies that seem to register the concept of physical harm as well as any living being - that's a plus, also because it is (re?)killing them and sending them into the drink.
     Layna and Dahlia all but make sport of it - and the closest thing to a captain that can be discerned of the blighted craft, if going by their higher elevation point and much fuller-looking coat, seems to take pause and even give a step back as Jay up and slugs them - where Dahlia carves a path for cover as necessary.
     They were intimidated then - but then Lily gathers so many of them into one space, where a darkness of an orientation and magnitude simultaneously incomparable yet similar - paradoxically as it is - unmakes those ghostly forms that gather.
     Ines joins the remainder of the clean-up efforts with a massive windstorm. Lanval watches her move with that quiet fury. To his credit, he understands the concept of 'tact' just enough that he doesn't think to ask her how she's been since that day.
     He imagines by proxy, a lot of mortals are going to be upset with him over the ages - but today, he thinks as he renews a line that the ghost pirates can't immediately cross, he can do them the best he's able.
     Altogether, the ghost ship breaks off as if in a hurry, as if the dead could be scared stiffless about the living that laughs at them and the... whatever Lily is/what she did!!
     ...and because of Ines' wind spells helping push their sails back... and then not go too far into retreat because Josie just fired nasty holes into said sails.
     Someone's going to have to rouse the crew from belowdecks to get someone back on the wheel, to get back on track - but they all live, and keep all their loot. Loot that may have come from their previous victims.
     ...That makes the weird horse-raft thing's presence all the more ominous, doesn't it...

<Pose Tracker> Josephine Lovelace has posed.

    "Learning on the job, eh?" she remarks to Lily. "Try not to get too spooky with it, now. Ines! I'm gonna give 'em what for. Watch my back!"

    Perhaps so much for her warning (such that it was) to Lily, though.

    The ghostly ship sails onwards, as if it were limping to shore. It's easy to follow.

    Easy enough that when it comes aground at an insland a short distance off, it's to no surprise perhaps that they encounter not only what remains of the crew... but more of them.

    More pirates. A good score on the beach alone, and every last one of them with the flesh rotting off their bones.

    The ones on the shore are handly defeated, however one might opt to do it. For Josie, it's the old favorite means. Absently, she spins the ARM in her left hand and holsters it, before shading her eyes to take in the expanse of the island upon where they've landed.

    "Something tells me... those weren't the last of these lot," she says, glancing back over at the others. Then she smiles broadly.

    "What say we go and find out?"

    There have ever been stories of ghost ships, damned to sail for eternity. Far less common are the stories of ghost pirates not entirely confined to the sea and still conducting raids as they did in life. The island fortress is stuffed to the gills with them, and only after a great and prologued fight do they make it to the great iron doors that surely lead to the lair of the Undead Pirate King.

    Here Josie lingers a moment, takes a swig from her flask and proffers it around.

    "C'mon. Let's give 'im a real bad day."

    The door opens--

    And the final fight with the pirate king -- skeltal and wielding two enormous cutlasses -- is had in earnest.

DG: Josephine Lovelace has used her Tool Liquid Courage toward her party's challenge, Land - For He Is A Pirate King.
<Pose Tracker> Seraph Lanval has posed.

    It is quite the gauntlet, but with Lanval by their side, the water itself is more or less completely on their side. Their arrival comes with a wicked splash to help clear out the welcome crew with upswells of water - and yet, it all reminds him of the first time he was taken by surprise by the concept of non-Malevolent undead.
     Where the crowd gets too thick en route to the island fortress, Lanval creates shimmering lines of sanctified water to keep them at bay. Once they get to the Undead Pirate King's very lair, the Water Seraph gets thinki--
     He takes Josie's flask when offered to him. Unless someone gets it out of his manifestation's hand in the next split second, he's having all of it but that's always a Lanval risk--
     Anyway he gets thinking. as he stares down the enormous dual cutlasses that could cut any of them down in twain, or strike them with a vile sickness that may turn (almost) any of them into corpses on the spot.
     The Water Seraph's eyes open half-way as he regards their posture, their threat, their magnitude...
     ...And just up and takes a Holy Bottle in hand, its contents all but expended from its use during the route ahead, and smashes it up against his face. "Cheersh...!"

DG: Seraph Lanval has used his Tool Holy Bottle toward his party's challenge, Land - For He Is A Pirate King.
<Pose Tracker> Layna Manydays has posed.

"Now you're talkin' my language, lass." Layna says, sending Josie a grin.

Layna and Dahlia both join the others in giving chase, handily dealing with the pirates they encounter on the beach. They wade their way through the masses of undead pirates, until eventually, they reach their leader.

"So, you must be the captain, aye...? A real king o' the pirates..." Layna considers with a chuckle, and then grins widely. "...I'm gonna take that crown o' yours for myself, thanks."

There may not be a literal crown involved here, but she means it either way.

"Dahlia! Make sure we're not interrupted." She says. With a nod, Dahlia takes a position near the entrance as Layna marches toward the Pirate King, fists at the ready.

DG: Layna Manydays has contributed a Combat Basic Action toward her party's challenge, Land - For He Is A Pirate King.
<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.


    Oh good. More ghost pirates. As they make landfall, Ines musters a wave of metal shrapnel to drive into the purates on shore. The threat resolved, she follows after Josie's lead.

    That, of course, leads to more ghost pirates.

    "How many of these guys are there?!" She yells, as they make their way through the horde.

    The doors, thankfully, seem to signify the end of them. Finally. She looks at the steel doors, and then at the others. "Looks like we definitely found the fun route." She mutters, and shakes her head.

    Whenb they barrel through the doors, Ines flings the boleadoras at the Pirate King. Symbology activates, and her skin and fists harden, before she charges right in to punch the skeleton in it's face. She is definitely trying to keep it's attention on her. That's what she's good at.

DG: Ines Colina has used her Tool Bewitched Boleadoras toward her party's challenge, Land - For He Is A Pirate King.
<Pose Tracker> Lily Keil has posed.

Lily's down to keep looking--she'd rather do that than otherwise. Any odd looks she gets she ignores--or rather, the next day, she actually wears a hat, a witch's hat, and that seems to at least make it make sense to some of them. She still isn't wearing armor as they go ashore, exactly...

...But she doesn't really need traditional armor, either.

Fighting her way through, Lily is relieved that someone else is there to handle healing, and makes heavy use of her sword and ARM both--when not a freeze ray, it shoots bullets of elemental water. But she has to try to save her energy--and when they get through the doors, this is why.

"We did," Lily says to Ines, with a grin. Maybe they've gotten to know each other a little more here, anyway. "Still like your style," she says.

She nods to Layna, too--but she isn't in this for a crown... So instead, she steps in front of Lanval, moving to shield him as she looks up--and takes a swig of Josie's flask. Finally, though, the King is here--and Lily narrows her eyes. As he starts to aggro on Josie--

"Replace!" Lily calls holding her Medium, and the two simply switch places, the skeletal Pirate King suddenly bearing down not on a woman holding a gun but on a woman shooting a blast of fire up into his bony face.

Lily shares defense with Ines, weaving around with her in particular in order to shield the more fragile members of their party--but above all she strikes, and now it is her turn to show no mercy.

DG: Lily Keil has used her Tool Moon Medium toward her party's challenge, Land - For He Is A Pirate King.
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
================<* CHALLENGE - Land - For He Is A Pirate King *>================
|Type: Final       |Dungeon Ability: Combat    |Challenge Rating: 2          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 It's during the exploration of this island that you find yourself suddenly
 under attack by pirates. They're no match for your group and you make short
 work of them, and in the process you find out that there is in fact a pirate
 lair here, set up within a crumbling ancient ruin. Naturally, you fight your
 way in.

 Inside there are more pirates, leading you through a prolonged battle
 sequence through the corridors of the ruins, until at last you find yourself
 up against the pirate king himself--

 And now the /true/ battle begins.

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/infernal
=Dungeon Conditions: Maim=====================================================
=========================<* The High Seas - Round 5 *>==========================
==================< Results - Land - For He Is A Pirate King >==================
Player                               Exhaustion                      Pass/Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seraph Lanval                       0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Holy Bottle                         2   Combat  Effects: Resilient
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Josephine Lovelace                  0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Liquid Courage                      3   Combat  Effects: Rally
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily Keil                           0 --(0)--> 0                   Fail
Moon Medium                         2   Combat  Effects: Stalwart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layna Manydays                      0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Fight                               0   Combat  Effects: BASIC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ines Colina                         0 --(0)--> 0                   Pass
Bewitched Boleadoras                3   Combat  Effects: Rally
-----------------------------------< Party >------------------------------------
Leader: Ines Colina                 85 --(35)--> 120               Pass
Conditions: Fright(1)|Maim
Effects: Resilient(1)
===============================< Dream Chasers >================================
DG: You have overcome the dungeon's trials! This run is a success!
DG: The party led by Ines Colina has successfully explored The High Seas!
==============================<* The High Seas *>===============================
======================<* CHALLENGE - A Crest In Silver *>=======================
|Type: Discovery   |Dungeon Ability: Conclusion|Challenge Rating: 1          |
---------------------------< Challenge Information: >---------------------------
 Once the ruins' trials are overcome, you find in the heart of the place a
 particular unique treasure:

 It seems to be a hand mirror, handle included. The back of the mirror,
 though tarnished, appears to display an engraving of some beast. Far more
 interesting, though, is the front: the glass has a Crest underneath it and
 indeed, when it is used, the hand mirror can produce a brief manifestation
 of wind, fire, water, or earth, as appropriate to the Crest in the mirror.
 Even one untrained in the ways of Crest Sorcery can use it. But who made
 this, and for what reason?

 (OOC: The Crest involved is up to you: it can be Geo (earth), Wing (wind),
 Fray (fire), or Muse (water). The mirror might make a good tool, likely Wits
 or Agility.)

 BGM: https://failbettergames.bandcamp.com/track/the-surface
=Dungeon Conditions: Treasure=================================================
<Pose Tracker> Josephine Lovelace has posed.

    "A lot. More than necessary. Too many?" Josie quips to Ines, as they advance forward though the undead pirate fortress.

    It's more than likely that, in the end, the flask is lost to Lanval. Come to think of it, the flask is very cold to the touch. A perfect temperature for the rotgut within.

    Wait, does that mean that when given the option to enchant an item in the bottom of Lefay, Josie--?!

    But there is no much time to consider this. The heavy doors swing open and the battle is joined!

    It is a fierce one. Save for when Lanval splashes the undead pirate with the contents of his flask, the skeleton pirate winces not, staggers not, and continues to strike at the intruders like a juggernaut.

    The Undying Pirate King slices in close for Josie with one wickedly sharp sword--
    Just as Lily makes full use of the Moon Medium and swaps places with her. Lily is the one who is struck by the blade, and while Josie might fleetingly widen her eyes--
    Soon her game face is back in full force. She reloads, intent on giving the Pirate King everything she has.

    Its attention will soon be prised from Lily, however. The boleadoras -- followed by a solid one-two that cracks his skull -- mean that he has a new target.

    Which means that he is an open target for everyone else.

    Everyone, and in particular Layna.

    She delivers one final strike--

    Which cracks the Pirate King's skull in twain. The skeletal figure shudders a moment.

    Then collapses, scattering bones across the floor.

    All is still at last.

    ....YOU WIN!

    (but surely a pirate king has loot somewhere? and indeed, that is exactly the case. a little searching turns up something interesting...)

<Pose Tracker> Ines Colina has posed.


    Ines shakes her head at Lily's comment of 'liking her style'. "Don't know I've got much style. Just how I do the job."
    The ghost (skeleton?) pirate king felled, Ines takes a few moments to catch her breath. It's one hell of a beast. And it is now doubly deceased. "So much for the king." She mutters, and starts digging around.

    There is something. Ines pulls out a handmirror, small and old. And with a crest inside it. "Huh. Interesting."