||Daillan Armeric Philemon Muirwall V
||19 (May 7)
Day is a quiet but elegant young noble of the House of Muirwall, heir apparent to the title of Margrave of Muirwall in the Rolance Empire - an inheritance he's doing everything in his power to escape. Scarred by a deep loss, Day took Althena's return as a sign and devoted himself to a monastic life, leaving his family's hereditary fief with no heir apparent. With the formation of Althena's Guard, he's found his calling fighting to defend the faith and has become something of an examplar of the concept of the church miliant: He's both a monk and a knight, a heavy fighter known for his prowess with the broadsword and shield as well as his ability to make use of litanies on the field. More unusual, though, is that he tends to be followed in more than a few affairs by a secretive young woman named Vess, who seems to be under his personal protection.
Powers and Abilities
- Lion's Heart Style: Day is a student of this classic Lunarian style of swordsplay, though he does not know how to use the Lion's Howl and has not achieved the same elite level of mastery as White Knight Leo. Nevertheless he is an extremely skilled swordsman, not overly fast, but steady and damaging.
- Waning Crescent Style: As a member of Althena's Guard, Day has a comprehensive understanding of the Guard's regular style of swordsplay, and his equipment choice makes him particularly well-suited to its defensive aspects.
- Althena's Blessing - Wind: Day has access to Althena's Blessing in the form of wind-elemental white magic, which he has learned to invoke in the form of litanies. His spells, like Mistral Litany, take the form of fresh spring winds that bring positive effects and invigorating energies.
- Knightly Equipment: Day's equipment consists of a basket-hilted broadsword, a set of kasten-brust plate armour, and a large kite shield quartered in red and black tincture and blazoned with a white pegasus forcené. He can also frequently be found riding a large chestnut Glaivendish warhorse named Highwind.
Logs and Cutscenes
Chapter 2, Act 1
Chapter 2, Act 2
Chapter 2, Act 3
- Vess: "I wish I understood why she was so dedicated to thinking of me as her protector. And yet, she seems to have no one to go back to. The way she's ignored and treated like a hanger-on is sad. So long as she's going to follow me, I'm obligated to her, aren't I? And yet, I wish it were otherwise. I don't want her to live through this again."
- White Knight Leo: "A man of honour and conviction, one I feel privileged to serve beneath. He's achieved a level of mastery of arms that I only wish I could achieve. The pride with which he carries himself... I wonder what it must be like to feel that? Did I ever feel that way, or is bitterness all I can feel anymore...?"
- Hilde: "I understand why she did what she did. Our nations are enemies. Right now, though, we are servants of Althena, and Knight Hilde is my comrade in arms. I will fight alongside her so long as that's true. But that doesn't mean I can forgive her for what happened."
- Kaguya: "I can't say that she seems particularly kind, but she's also not especially objectionable one-on-one. But there's much about her that's strange. She clearly isn't human, or even a Beastman or an Elf, and the devices she brought with her are beyond my understanding. They say she's something called a Veruni... but what does she want with Althena and our world? And what manner of force has seized her...?"
- Pearl: "Cruel-hearted and contemptuous, but so long as her faith lies with Althena, we serve the same ends. Perhaps time will mellow her."
- Naelle Sylkirk: "A good woman who has been through things that I could scarcely imagine. I understand why her heart resides so strongly with Althena. I feel as though she hasn't been shown much kindness by the others simply because she's no warrior... but she doesn't need to be."
- Skylr Paer: "I didn't get much of a chance to talk with her, but she seems very soft-spoken and kind."
- Jacqueline Barber: "A kind woman, I think. She seems to have an air about her of warmth. You get the impression from her that there is nobody she wouldn't reach her hand out to, even her worst enemy. I know that her Kinship harbours several apostates, and yet... I can see why one would be drawn to her."
- OS: "I'm not sure what to make of them...."
- Riesenlied: "The care she has extended to the victims from Azado does her credit. Her heart is gentle and her spirit kind, and I appreciate that in her greatly. I think Vess has taken a liking to her cuccos...."
- Seraph Ragnell: "It's strange that she would know Vess - stranger still that Vess would have encountered her, or that Ragnell would have been at Lastonbell and not come looking for a friend. Ragnell herself doesn't seem like a bad sort. She's friendly, at least. But she's given me things to think about."
- Venetia Vuong: "I mustn't... have such thoughts...."
- Ethius Hesiod: "He put Vess in harm's way in the name of some vendetta against the Lady Alathfar, and for that, I will never forgive him."
- Hiro: "To think that someone with such a lively heart could be enticed by the Destroyer. Our paths will cross again...."
- Victory Storm: "He can sass at me all he wants, but I will not tolerate him impugning the good character of my companions or others whose faith runs strong."