This file offers the various resources that staff and players have put together for the MUSH. If you would like to add something, please ask a staffer and we can do so!
Dream Chasers' MUSH Web Presence
- Dream Chasers MUSH Tumblr is our blog for various advertisements, posting funny bits of conversation, and the like. If you're on that social network, feel free to follow us. #dream chasers mush is the tag du jour. If the MUSH has significant downtime, we will also post here.
- Dev Diaries were used to advertise the game before we opened. We may post here if the MUSH has significant downtime.
- Our ad. Feel free to post it on other games -- but please ask the admin first and follow any policies! If they want a reciprocal ad, please talk to us first.
LPs, Adaptations, and Soundtracks
Unfortunately, a lot of the themes at Dream Chasers MUSH can be hard to access. Not everyone has time to play a 60 hour JPRG these days. For that matter, for legal reasons, staff will not provide ways to pirate the games. If you want to do that, you're on your own. But, we can provide a few things that may help. This file gives a list of Let's Plays (LP's), soundtracks, and adaptations of our themes that one could find.
We won't vouch for the content -- we've never read/listened/watched all of these through, so there is a chance you may find rough language or worse. We think making them more accessible is worth the risk of that, though. If you find some terrible hate speech or other bad content, please let us know.
These include video and written Let's Plays. We used some of these in our research to make the game; others are ones we stumbled across. We can't vouch for the quality. If you know of a good Let's Play, please send a +request or email to the appbox, and we can add it to this list!
You can also check GameFAQs. Many older games have their scripts there and a FAQ sometimes provides a good plot overview.
- Grandia at http://lparchive.org/Grandia/
- Grandia II at http://lparchive.org/Grandia-II/
- Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, the Sega Saturn version, at http://lparchive.org/Lunar-Eternal-Blue/
- Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete, the Playstation version, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nju44OLilWs&list=PLB77AA1177FAB03E9
- Tales of Zestiria at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFRmnD1hL_o&list=PL28_eRFIuaoLnAmsws8fUkHr3skNvTBLe&index=1
- Wild ARMs: Alter Code F at http://lparchive.org/Wild-Arms-Alter-Code-F/
- Wild ARMs 3 at http://lparchive.org/Wild-Arms-3/
- Xenogears by the Dark Id, something of a legend, at http://lparchive.org/Xenogears-(by-The-Dark-Id)/
- What Does God Need With a Starship, a dramatic and entirely serious (two of these statements are false) Let’s Play of Xenogears. It has tragically never been finished. You can read it online at http://whatdoesgodneedwithastarship.com/
- Tales of Zestiria the X, which is pronounced "the Cross" for reasons that you should ask Ayu Ohseki. This is a very good anime adaptation of Tales of Zestiria. It is available streaming from Funimation at http://www.funimation.com/shows/tales-of-zestiria-the-x/home
- Wild Arms: Million Memories was a mobile game active from 2018-2020, in Japan only. Our own Ettlesby has collected some of the art and assets from the game and made them available to the public at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TR_eZ-S-BaF5FmkgyfL7S_p-vyCMRFzo
If you want to listen to some music from these games, we're here to help! You can find ripped soundtracks of many by searching YouTube. We won't provide links to those, given the ease of doing so.
This provides links to a few particularly great remix soundtracks. If you know of a unique soundtrack, please send a +request or email to the appbox, and we can add it to this list!
- Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous is a Wild Arms 1 remix album from OCRemix. It has very good remixes of all the music from WA1, and is better than the WA1 soundtracks released, which often were incomplete. You can listen to and download it at its website: http://armed.ocremix.org/
- Humans + Gears Xenogears ReMixed is a Xenogears remix album from OCRemix. It has two discs. The first is more traditionally instrumental (with a very funny vocal track from Fei's point of view), while the second is more techno/industrial. You can listen to and download it at its website: http://xenogears.ocremix.org/
- Text Ansifier 1.1: A browser-based tool for creating colour gradients and then giving you the entire [ANSI()] string. Made by me, Ark! I hope it helps! Available at: https://luceid.github.io/textansifier/textansifier.html
- Other Color Resources: Our very own Lucia compiled these (and her original text is preserved)! DC has a ton of options for ansi, well beyond the simple codes like hm, hc, g and so forth. It can even take HTML colors directly, such as #ccccff.
- If you're looking to get an HTML code for a color in your brain, https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_picker.asp is a great resource.
- Also handy: if you're interested in getting an HTML code to match a color in an existing image, http://html-color-codes.info/colors-from-image/ is a great way to go about it! I only discovered this second link in the last couple weeks, and using it to pull colors straight out of character art and onto the MUSH is a joy.
A list of choice Picrews, compiled by our very own Lan Lilac. What's Picrew? It's a sort of avatar creator/digital paper doll. Anyone can make their own Picrew so there are lots to choose from out there. Use these to bring your character to life! Note that some of these are not in English.
- Faelions Avatar Creator - Good selection of skin tones, many animal ears and horns. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/700620
- Baydews' Avatar Maker - Plenty of skin tones, scars, face paint. Lots of textured hair. Basic horns and animal ears. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/582810
- Black Centered Picrew - Skin tones!! Ears! Eyes! Mouths! Great freckles, vitiligo choices, textured and straight hair. Masks, jewelry, piercings. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/1706331
- 年上の男 - A solidly-built adult man maker. Greyscale, two skin tones. Not much variety, but there's not much out there for dads. Abailable at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/57346
- 戦う青年メーカー - For the himbos and adventurous guys! Only four skin tones but plenty of accessories, clothes, weapons, and hair colors. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/1950829
- Friend Maker by Elliot - skin tones, hair choices, cute expressions in a fun cartoony style. Top surgery scars. Cleavage choices. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/1322863
- Cardiotropics - stylized, a few skin tones and plenty of hair colors. Contains gore, weapons, distressed expressions, horror elements. Great for scary characters! Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/480390
- fzn picrew - Simple and stylized. Lots of choices for skin, hair, modern clothes, jewelry. Available at https://picrew.me/ja/image_maker/1895151
- Flco - good for scruffy, tired, or unkempt characters. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/1938708
- 立ち絵風男子メーカー - handsome young men. Decent range of choices but no textured hair. Clothing choices are basic. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/523501
- TOON ME! ⟪ A ⟫ - GREAT selection of everything. Clothes are mostly modern. Cartoony and fun. Available at https://picrew.me/en/image_maker/1469769
- djarn's character maker - Three sizes of character! LOTS of skin tones. On the more realistic end of the spectrum. Available at https://picrew.me/ja/image_maker/332600
- lyn mametchi maker - dynamic and cartoony avatars. Available at https://picrew.me/image_maker/321535