2018-11-02: The Saga of Rabendarbeleedt

From Dream Chasers
Jump to: navigation, search


<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    Try as they might, the Metal Demons cannot stave off the inevitable. Filgaia's last hopes are preparing to ride the waves over to where Mother awaits, and the time has come for them to start fortifying the Elru continent to make sure as few of them survive long past landfall.
     Yarobeleedt is having himself an interesting problem, in that the Photosphere hasn't beamed him back yet. As such, he cannot help but worry. Have the humans already gotten there?! Is Mother okay?! Surely they would like to have their greatest warrior (please try and hold your laughter best you can -mgmt) by their side! Why, he might even swim the entire way back if he must.
     Lucadia, even under the immense pressure of an awakened Mother, doesn't allow it.
     Lucadia continues to not allow it after the twelfth time of attempting it, and so, Yarobeleedt is left a mostly-blobby lump of churning Living Metal who is so very close to having his face leak over the trouble of it all...
     "Rear wait," he halts the oncoming sniffles, "if they go... and if Yaro go... in same place? and same time? Then kill all at Elru before even set foot..." A great plan forms. "Then Yarobeleedt will get spect! Then they can start respect. Easy easy."
 
     SPOILERS AS WE GO TO THE SOME TIME LATER SCENE TRANSITION CARD - IT ISN'T
 
     The circumstances leading to this point, this late in the evening, are not all that important. What is important is that one of the seaworthy vessels of Hilton being chartered for the perilous journey to Elru presently has, quoted by a local deckhand, 'a giant yellow-brown sea slug pretending we can't see it against the mast.' Local forces are already stretched thin. It might be a while before any formal soldiers can come up and deal with it.
     "Slacken doooooown~" Yarobeleedt whimpers in complaint. The humans should've sailed off to their inevitable deaths by now!!

<Pose Tracker> Jacqueline Barber has posed.

Jacqueline had come to Hilton for her own, separate purposes. They had already secured not one, but two possibilities for travel to Elru - Lunata had asked the crew of the Yggdrasill to ferry the Carakin there, and the vehicle itself had been upgraded for water travel. So, they were already well taken care of! Right now, it was just a matter of gathering some last-minute supplies.

...Or, at least, that was her plan initially, but as she was speaking to people at the docks, she heard rumors of, well...a certain someone. That certainly got a sigh out of Jacqueline...but she couldn't exactly leave the sailors to deal with it by themselves.

"...I suppose we should go see what that is..." Jacqueline decides, and set out to the vessel in question. And there they find, well, a certain Metal Demon. He is trying very not to be seen. It was almost admirable, but...

"...Um, we can see you." Jacqueline says. "Is there any possibility you could just...leave peacefully, and stop bothering these poor people...?"

It was worth a shot.

<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

When last we saw Catenna, she was on board the CaraKin, tending to a sick, weakened Owlet.

When now we see her, she's evidently been plying her trade in Hilton, because there is a sudden, sharp click of a heel against the deck. "Come out from back there and return to your home," the Moon Shaman says tartly.

Evidently Catenna's been taking the first of her lessons from Jean to heart, because she's picked out her dancer's outfit today and has even brought her feather-trimmed fans with her. She plants one hand at her hip, the other hanging free at her side.

She's even glaring right at Yaro. HIS STEALTH FIELD HAS BEEN BREACHED.

Sighing quietly, she glances towards Jay. "I do not think he will," she murmurs. "This one does not seem to be especially... reasonable."

<Pose Tracker> Chime Isa has posed.

    Along the dock after a while is a small group of coming and going drifters having caught word of a 'problem'. The problem being that most of them just look at the 'problem' shrug and decide might as well leave it to the soldiers when they get back.

    Well, not all of them. Seated on the rail of the ship facing inward watching the 'problem' against the mast is one short, cheerfully smiling elf kicking her feet back and forth despite the handheld crossbows holstered on each boot. Chime is humming cheerfully to herself as she watches the 'pretending I'm not actually here sea slug metal demon' huddled up against the mast. She'd already ensured the sailors she would help take care of it before she left, she was just watching it out of curiousity to see how much patience it had.

    Or was~ As Jacqueline shows, Chime offers the young lady a cheerful wave and smile from her seat and finally makes movements checking the crossbows for easy drawing. She also wiggles a little in her seat prepping to jump off the well. When she spots Catenna right behind Jay, she offers her a wave to~ And a little giggle as she listens to Jacqueline trying to resolve the 'problem' peacefully. The ARMs Meister isn't against, buuuut she's got the gut feeling that it's not likely to work.

<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    One can even hear the drip of liquid yuck that follows Yarobeleedt in maybe a contender for a slot in the Top 10 Most Awkward Moments With Yarobeleedt. (This does not even crack top five!!)
     Drip. Drip. Drip.
     "Oh. It is just the nation of Image." What. "Though it is more City-State of Image. There is no thing. Nothing. Just mast. No thing amassed at mast. Fu fu fu." Then he tries to make wind noises, which sound more like a cat yowling after being sat on. (Yarobeleedt does not have a future in sound effects mixing.) "Just go on sale! Sale away." Sail. Ugh. Either way it doesn't look like he's sailing them on-- dammit. Selling them on it.
     ...
     "Granular!!" Is that a swear word or an acknowledgement? Yarobeleedt slides down the mast, slithers down the deck, and... off the ship. Huh. Polite requests are working, for once? That this creature so incapable of coherency may be able to grasp reason, risk, and reward? Assuming he even knows ason and ward to start with. (Sorry.)
     "Fu fu fu. Wow. You win! You win trouble-free sale. Von boyage~" ...Um, okay. He starts to slither off...
     And then, not at all subtly, just try to paste himself against the hull from where he thinks the three of them can't see him, betrayed by the thin filmy trail of gross that pinpoints his location.

<Pose Tracker> Jacqueline Barber has posed.

Catenna says that this one doesn't seem very reasonable. Jacqueline frowns, but nods. Well, they can still try...! She looks back to the Metal Demon...as he begins to speak? She can't really...understand him very well, though.

"Umm...? I'm sorry, I don't..." She starts, not sure what he's saying. And then he suggests they sail away? "This isn't actually my ship."

On the bright side, he seems to agree to just leave them be, and just climbs off the side of the ship? Having a bad feeling about it she follows him to the side and looks over.

There's an unamused expression on her face as she spots the slime trail, and the telltale sign of Yarobeleedt stuck to the side.

"This is a little awkward, but, um...we can still see you." She says. She then looks back toward Chime and Catenna with a look on her face along the lines of 'what are we supposed to do about this??'

<Pose Tracker> Chime Isa has posed.

    Chime's heels drum lightly against the railing she's seated on as she giggles helplessly. While it's a problem, it doesn't stop it from being a hilarious one. By the time Jay looks back to her, she's mostly over it through clearly still amused.

    "Keep it up young lady, maybe you'll convince it~" she calls out encouragingly. "And if not, well." and pats the grip of one of her crossbows, "We'll just have to politely but firmly force it away~"

GS: Chime Isa has attacked Jacqueline Barber with Keep it up!!
GS: Chime Isa has completed her action.
GS: Jacqueline Barber takes a solid hit from Chime Isa's Keep it up! for 0 hit points!
GS: Reload! Jacqueline Barber gains 15 extra FP from Chime Isa!
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Catenna opens her mouth a little, then closes it, tilting her head a couple of degrees as she tries to engage her internal English to Blob Translator. She looks towards Jacqueline helplessly.

The frown she wears only grows deeper when Yarobeleedt starts to slime away with little actual protest. But his gambit is soon revealed. Sighing, Catenna tucks her fan under her arm so that she can pinch the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger.

"He is not going to go away no matter how much we scold him," she decides with a glance towards Jay. Hanging her fans at her hip, she moves towards one of the sailors, politely appropriating something. It's a long boathook. The Moon Shaman gives the makeshift polearm a twirl as she heads for the edge of the ship.

Reaching over the side, Catenna hums a little as she begins to try and pry Yaro off the side of the ship. "Please disembark," she says mildly.

GS: Catenna has attacked Yarobeleedt with Removes Blobs With One Application!
GS: Catenna has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Catenna has completed her action.
GS: Yarobeleedt critically Guards a hit from Catenna's Removes Blobs With One Application for 13 hit points!
GS: Yarobeleedt has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Catenna has lost 1 Combo!
<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    "No you uncan!!" Yarobeleedt protests back. "You have glass on face! That is so silly." Beat. "But can hear??"
     This is an example of life during what could be Filgaia's final days. This is a member of the proud warrior race, the Metal Demons, who is now being pried off the side of the boat by a boathook. The naga-bug-something screeches as his forearms flail comically to reassert his grip upon the side of the vessel. Catenna seems to be winning out, in so much that the mostly-blob creature so vainly struggles to stay on.
     Chime's not alone in laughing. There's a sailor who - near-death encounter from being within the vicinity of the Quarter Knight Siegfried be damned! - starts to work up a chortle, like... he can't believe he's seeing this.
     Catenna does get the upper hand, eventually, in that now Yarobeleedt's weaker, blobbier arm is all that's tethering him to the boat.
     "No! No. Nononono." He stammers. As that forearm flirts with the idea of becoming fully liquefied after so much accumulated, badly-healed trauma, its elasticity is something comical to watch... up until it gives with a metallic 'snap,' and Yarobeleedt goes flying and flailing. He noisily slaps up against a nearby stall where caught fish are being sorted out for market. This stall explodes under his mass, scattering fish everywhere in a surprising and unpleasant but not altogether deadly splash.
     Some of them might be poisonous? That's why they're being sorted out to start, but.
     "Brrrr! Off course you would get in way!! Humans gain by not letting Yaro back! That is outsidious!!" He dizzily sways to and fro before rising up, forming his more solid arm into some kind of weird hammer-sickle with spikes protruding from strange and impractical angles. So, yes, it would appear the inevitable is about to commence.
     Once he's done coughing up a fish or two, who seem to magically come back to life to just flop on the deck and go back into the water because holy crap they are not going to die in that thing's throat, they have standards.

GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Jacqueline Barber with Mattress Lamb Commences!
GS: Yarobeleedt has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Catenna with Mattress Lamb Commences!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Chime Isa with Mattress Lamb Commences!
GS: Yarobeleedt has completed its action.
GS: Catenna takes a solid hit from Yarobeleedt's Mattress Lamb Commences for 62 hit points!
GS: Chime Isa takes a glancing hit from Yarobeleedt's Mattress Lamb Commences for 37 hit points!
GS: CRITICAL! Jacqueline Barber guards a hit from Yarobeleedt's Mattress Lamb Commences for 47 hit points!
GS: Poison! Statuses applied to Jacqueline Barber!
<Pose Tracker> Jacqueline Barber has posed.

Chime cheers her on! Jacqueline nods and looks back...but it sure doesn't seem to be working, from Yarobeleedt's response.

"I-it's completely normal! And yes, I can hear!" She calls back. She looks toward Catenna, nods, and sighs.

"Yeah, I suppose not..." She replies, stepping aside so that Catenna can get in there with her boathook. She scrapes at it...but he doesn't seem to want to go away. But he does get removed, and goes flying!

...Into some stalls. Jacqueline winces.

"S-sorry, sorry...!" She says, hurrying to check up on the stalls. Nearby, however, the Metal Demon forms his arm into a weapon...

...And also coughs up fish??

One of them flies right into her. She catches it by instinct, but it's kind of super awful, with Yaro-gunk all over it. She grimaces and drops it, where it goes flopping back into the ocean.

Even though it won't feel clear for some time, though...and neither will she.

"...Okay. I understand." Jacqueline says, wiping at the front of her dress. Her gloves seem to actively reject the horribleness, but it doesn't seem to be a sorcerous effect or anything.

"I've been needing to practice this, anyway..." She opens up one of the panels on the top of her right glove, revealing her deck of Crest Graphs. She draws one, opens a panel on the side, and inserts the Graph. The elemental Crests light up...and with a gesture of her hand, a pillar of earth pops up right below him in the hopes of sending him flying right into the sea...!

(...That was pretty elaborate for just using one of her normal spells...)

GS: Jacqueline Barber has attacked Yarobeleedt with Pillar Crash!
GS: Jacqueline Barber takes 6 damage from Poison!
GS: Jacqueline Barber has completed her action.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Digging her boathook in, Catenna braces herself and tries to pry the blob off the boat. Soon enough she's got him dangling by an arm. "That is quite enough, dear heart," she says ever so mildly.

When the blob demon plunges into the fish stall, Catenna blinks, then steps back, letting her hook fall to the deck. "I suppose that would have worked better were he over water," she sighs as she draws her fans with a twirl.

Then a trout hits her in the face. She yelps, staggers backwards and lands on her bottom.

At which point a salmon hits her in the face.

Catenna splutters and swats the fish away. "Ugh, stop it, that is too silly!!" she protests hotly, stamping a heel against the deck. She scrambles back to her feet and picks her fans up, snapping them open again. Pivoting to face Yaro, she frowns deeply at the sight of him distorting his arms into weapons.

"So much for resolving this peacefully!" she huffs before breaking into a dash. She boosts off of the edge of the ship, flipping gracefully through the air before touching down on the far side of Yaro in an elegant dancer's pose. Whirling, she tucks a fan under her arm and recites a few ringing words.

Gravity ripples the air - and a sudden surge in the pull of the world attempts to hurl Yaro backwards, trying to fling him into the ground.

GS: Catenna has attacked Yarobeleedt with Grav!
GS: Catenna has completed her action.
<Pose Tracker> Chime Isa has posed.

    Chime giggles aloud as the blob of metal goes flying, but the sudden fish storm and attacks stops the giggling. Ahh no it doesn't. She's still giggling a bit, smiling cheerful as she throws herself off the rail avoiding a direct hit but still taking a hit anyways. She tumbles, comes up both crossbows drawn.

    "I guess it's time to be serious~" as she draws aim onto Yarobeleedt and then begins to unleash an almost unending stream of crossbow bolts as she unloads a heavy barrage. "It was a good try through Jacqueline. Maybe next time it'll work out young lady~" she calls out to Jay without interrupting her attack.

GS: Chime Isa has attacked Yarobeleedt with Heavy Barrage!
GS: Chime Isa has completed her action.
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Jacqueline Barber's Pillar Crash for 157 hit points!
GS: Cover! Statuses applied to Jacqueline Barber!
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Catenna's Grav for 119 hit points!
GS: Poison! Statuses applied to Yarobeleedt!
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Chime Isa's Heavy Barrage for 154 hit points!
<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    "You are such a ruuuuuug! You perpendicular rug! You lie like one but still stand?!" Yarobeleedt gags back out at Jay, disbelieving that she can see him through glass on her face. They've encountered one another how many times at this juncture, and he's bringing up concerns about that now? She starts fiddling with her gloves, which he recognizes he hasn't seen before, and starts to leeeeeeeeeeean closely as if to get a look at them. He blinks asymmetrically a few times before thinking to rear that terrible weapon arm up--
     --and up comes an earth pillar, that pops him up into the air.
     Yarobeleedt is launched at the best arc for Chime's purposes as she fires crossbow bolt after crossbow bolt into the flying Metal Demon blob-thing, quicksilver splashing from every bolt that stabs into his soft, largely amorphous behind. He corkscrews across the air, until...
     Catenna coaxes gravity to change, and blood rushes to his face as his flight trajectory is violently re-oriented to some other part of the dock. They just rebuilt that dock...!
     It's an even better dock, proving it can withstand a Metal Demon slapping into it face-first at appreciable velocities, ensuring the next time the Metal Demons hurl their Metal Beasts at it, the dock won't immediately fracture and sink. The landing is thus extra-uncomfortable, as added courtesy. Hilton is so kind to its invaders, sometimes!
     He looks down and out right there, which is not out of the ordinary. Has he ever truly gotten the best of them prior?
     "Piecefullyyyy~" Yarobeleedt rasps. "If full, then not made of pieces? Is not possible. No piece! Just all of it!" Um. Whatever that means, as the blobby demon shakily rises anew while silver trickles down their face from the dizzying head-rush of the change in pressure. He slams that more weaponized arm down Catenna's way, but leading it incorrectly as though he were trying to strike her with it sideways-down, and then sweeping it out wide across the deck ground to try and catch Jay by her feet.
     Chime has the advantage of distance... so it seems, until he lashes out with the less solid arm like a whip. Typical Yarobeleedt fighting tactics, when he isn't cowering or otherwise debasing himself just by being.
     "Go! Go! I tow you away so I stow away then!!" He shrieks. "I will go home! Home! Home where Mother wait for her favorite chum!" He sounds a bit more distressed than usual, which is a feat.

GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Catenna with Sue Mash!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Jacqueline Barber with Sue Weep!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Chime Isa with Uip!
GS: Yarobeleedt takes 5 damage from Poison!
GS: Yarobeleedt has completed its action.
GS: Please react targeting the attack number in +queue.
GS: Catenna takes a glancing hit from Yarobeleedt's Sue Mash for 57 hit points!
GS: Chime Isa takes a glancing hit from Yarobeleedt's Uip for 64 hit points!
GS: Jacqueline Barber takes a solid hit from Yarobeleedt's Sue Weep for 119 hit points!
<Pose Tracker> Chime Isa has posed.

    Chime tilts her head in mild interest as the arm whips out at her from the dock. It's mildly impressive It might have been more danagerous if it didn't look so... liquidy. A crossbow goes up as she steps to the side partially parrying the shot without losing her footing.

    And in turn fires a bright red bolt back at Yarobeleedt using his stretched out arm as a sort of guiding path! "Yeah know, if it just wanted to go home, it could've justed drudged there underwater right? It is a sea slug right?" Chime askes outloud with curiousity. Just look at Yarobeleedt. How is that not a sea slug capable of self travel through the ocean? Right?

GS: Chime Isa has attacked Yarobeleedt with Shield Breaker!
GS: Chime Isa has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Chime Isa has completed her action.
<Pose Tracker> Jacqueline Barber has posed.

"I guess so..." Jacqueline replies with a frown toward Chime...then turns suddenly, as Yarobeleedt spouts terrible lies!!

"W-what?? I've been completely truthful! Do Metal Demons not know what 'glasses' are?" Jacqueline protests. He goes flying, though, putting him in the right positions for her teammates!

"No peace, is that it...? I don't believe that. I think it's possible, but you have to want it, too." Jacqueline says. Yarobeleedt lashes out at Catenna, then sweeps at her...knocking her off her feet and sending her crashing to the deck!?

She was in the middle of drawing out a potion before that, though, and when she trips it ends up going flying...right toward Yarobeleedt?

It's a pleasant, lavender-scented solution. There might be more than a little burn, since it's meant for hardcore cleaning.

GS: Jacqueline Barber has attacked Yarobeleedt with Apothecary's Fire!
GS: Jacqueline Barber has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Jacqueline Barber takes 6 damage from Poison!
GS: Jacqueline Barber has completed her action.
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

When the yellow blob goes careening into the dock, Catenna cringes a little, praying internally to her Guardian that Yaro doesn't smash through it.

But it's made of sterner stuff! She lets out a relieved puff of breath, flicking her hair back with a snap of her head. Holding one fan at readiness and the other out at her side, she sweeps to the left to try and keep herself in a decent position to attack.

Yaro decides not to be made of pieces. With a little hiss, Catenna flicks her fan out to bat at that arm. It doesn't come close enough to cut her - but the impact throws her off her feet and leaves her toppling back. A gasp bursts from her as her shoulders and upper back hit the ground.

Again, though, her lesson from Jean pays off: She rolls with it, flips up onto her hands, and boosts into the air with a dramatic flourish before touching down on the tips of her toes. Her long dancer's skirt billows around her legs as she holds her fans out to steady herself.

The demon's distressed ranting leaves Catenna biting down to her lower lip for a moment. "...I am sorry," she says. "But I can't let you succeed. I will do everything in my power to defeat Mother."

Reaching for the second Medium at her skirt, Catenna gestures towards Yaro with a sweep of her arm. "Filgaia isn't for you to ravage as you see fit!" she declares sharply before chanting a few words a little more loudly than before. It takes her much more effort to draw upon the power of the sea - and yet, she manages it. Erupting out from around her, magic swells outwards in a blue shimmer, building into a great wave that bursts across the dock to try to slam into Yaro!

GS: Catenna has attacked Yarobeleedt with Tidal Wave!
GS: Catenna has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Catenna has completed her action.
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Chime Isa's Shield Breaker for 0 hit points!
GS: Shieldbreak! Statuses applied to Yarobeleedt!
GS: Yarobeleedt guards a hit from Jacqueline Barber's Apothecary's Fire for 77 hit points!
GS: Poison! Statuses applied to Yarobeleedt!
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Catenna's Tidal Wave for 140 hit points!
<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    "what" Yarobeleedt asides as Chime lays out a much more coherent plan of action he could theoretically follow. "Am not slug!! You should be slug in all tense! Yarobeleedt is--" He shrieks to a halt there because there's a bright red crossbow bolt that looks scary, and he is now trying to juggle it with his less solid slappy arm. He's doing a great job of it! It's just that in doing so, he now has one less arm to defend himself with because he's freaked out about the prospect of it piercing his flesh and doing something terrible, which is accomplishing the same intended purpose. Can't blame him, bright red anythings never bode well.
     It might be the best martial feat any of them have ever witnessed him do, though, so, yay?
     "Yaro wants what Mother wants! Fu fu fu. Mother wants--" Yarobeleedt is mercifully silenced as the bottle of lavender-scented solution plugs into his maw. His eyes nearly pop out of his head as he throws his upper body back, and he daintily drinks the contents as though he can't tighten his throat enough to expel this cleaning solution. His juggling arm is too busy trying to stop the bolt from piercing him. The solid arm he doesn't want to make into anything other than a weapon and he can't take the bottle out of his mouth. He starts to slither-stagger backwards...
     Catenna communes in brief with her other Guardian patron. She does not communicate in voice, for such is beyond her ability. Catenna's own words shall suffice to state the proper sentiment - Filgaia isn't Yarobeleedt's to ravage and befoul. The wave of water, a taste of the vast seas, reaches forth and grabs him. Normally, waves of water will just continue on their merry way and collapse back down wherever the water is. THIS WAVE seems to really have it out for him, the way it contorts and squeezes in defiance of gravity as if it just wants to crush this creature under immense water pressure, before being carried off the docks.
     All is calm for long enough that each of them likely knows better, and then there is a tremendous explosion of water.
     "hex"
     There is a less tremendous but noisy 'splat' as what hits the deck isn't... ochre.
     That looks a lot more...
     lavender.
     Yarobeleedt hiccups clean-scented bubbles as he crawls on the deck, this lavender pulsing through with clear lines and hues that lay out how he somehow still has a functioning circulatory system through all of it to excruciating detail. He crawls at them as he rasps and wheezes, shuddering and whimpering.
     "...Do all in power?? Fu fu fu. Soon, none in power but Mother... when Yarobeleedt comes back to her...!!" He rises up, the lavender pulsing ever more virulently through him as some of it dribbles out the side of his mouth. It looks more like soap rather than his usual acid-venom-whatever-the-hell-he-puts-in-himself, rising up higher to blot out what little light of day is left....!
 
     ___WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!!
    Palette Swapped Scourge Of Good Taste, Guaranteed Halitosis-Free
            RABENDARBELEEDT
 
     The horrible reborn Metal Demon warrior raises both arms, solid and not-so-solid, and starts waving them in the air... wildly. Unfocused. Just swinging them to and fro while yelling and gagging and continuing to hiccup bubbles that have pretty soapy iridescence to enjoy. There is a pleasant waft of lavender scent with every breath he takes.
     "Soon soon! Soon all are recolorrrrrrr...! Among the est, the most mighty, that is meeee~...."
     Then he outright doubles over and wretches, staining the docks with... cleaning solution. The docks are now far cleaner than they were to start. Would they dare step in there to deliver a decisive blow?
 
Yarobeleedt does not switch forms to Rabendarbeleedt! He's just badly poisoned. Come now. That's ridiculous.

GS: Yarobeleedt has activated a Force Action!
GS: Yarobeleedt enters a Counter stance!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Catenna with Be Love!
GS: Yarobeleedt enters a Counter stance!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Chime Isa with Be Love!
GS: Yarobeleedt enters a Counter stance!
GS: Yarobeleedt has attacked Jacqueline Barber with Be Love!
GS: Catenna takes a glancing hit from Yarobeleedt's Be Love for 20 hit points!
GS: Chime Isa takes a glancing hit from Yarobeleedt's Be Love for 28 hit points!
GS: Jacqueline Barber takes a solid hit from Yarobeleedt's Be Love for 29 hit points!
<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

"He isn't exactly a slug," Catenna admits with a glance towards Chime. "Metal Demons take many forms. They are not all humanoid, like Riesenlied or Siegfried...."

She has little time to explain. Yarobeleedt's being grabbed by her tidal wave. As the spell sweeps the creature away, she watches with intent, her hand closing around the fan she's still brandishing, her other brushing over the Mediums clasped at her hip as if in readiness for another cast.

And then her composure is completely broken as the yellow blob reappears... in LOVELY LAVENDER.

"Oh no," she gasps in dawning horror. "The Lavender-Bellied Garbler is reputed to be the most pleasant-smelling type of Garbler...."

Those soapy-smelling swipes of blobby arms aren't all that dangerous, but one of them wings Catenna nevertheless before she can dart backwards. She inhales - and she blushes as she gets a breathful of pretty, pleasant lavender. Blushing, she kips away and twirls, bringing her hand up to her cheek. "Jay, this is going to end badly! I really like lavender," she warns. "I almost do not want to fight him now." There's a beat as she swings her head back towards Rabendarbeleedt to assess him again.

Just in time for him to barf soap onto the harbour.

"...Okay, I lied," Catenna concedes as she levels a hand again and begins to channel Guardian magic.

Gravity compresses down. Catenna barks a power word, and her spell fires, attempting to compress the Lavender Lump brutally. It's as if she's trying to squeeze the sweet-smelling lavender out of him - or maybe to try and squeeze it into him. She's not sure how it'll work.

GS: Catenna has spent 2 Combo on Gatling, including 1 on Gatling!
GS: Catenna has attacked Yarobeleedt with Polarity Clutch!
GS: Catenna has completed her action.
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Catenna's Polarity Clutch for 181 hit points!
<Pose Tracker> Jacqueline Barber has posed.

Jacqueline picks herself up off the ground just in time to see the bottle she accidentally threw...plug right into Yarobeleedt's maw. Jacqueline stares, blinking, as the contents drain into him.

"Oh no...people shouldn't drink that..." She murmurs, horrified. She watches as Catenna then washes Yarobeleedt over the edge.

"Is...that the end of it...?" She murmurs, then yelps as he erupts from the water with a 'hex', in new 'lavender' form! The Rabendarbeleedt is not to be trifled with...

"...Oh no!" She says, backpedaling. Lavendar solution goes everyone, staining the docks.

"What have I done?" She laments, then pulls out another bottle. She needed to fix this...! She hurls it into the currently-compressing mass of lavendar and metal demon.

Maybe it'll make everything better? Or maybe it'll make everything worse. Honestly, she's not sure what'll happen at this point, this was far beyond the expected...

GS: Jacqueline Barber has attacked Yarobeleedt with Persisting Potion!
GS: Jacqueline Barber takes 6 damage from Poison!
GS: Jacqueline Barber has completed her action.
<Pose Tracker> Chime Isa has posed.

Chime nods as Catenna explains, not really paying attention to Yarobeleedt. "I see~ Makes fair sense I guess." she says cheerfully. She appears to be thinking to herself, which is probably why she doesn't try to avoid the sudden flail of whip-limbs. Of course most of them miss her but a few hit and jostle her enough to bring her back to the fight.

    "Well, right then. I guess we should finish this?" as she aims not at Yarobeleedt but above him into the sky. Brillant white light spills from her crossbows and then twelve bolts of light are launched out disappearing into the sky only to rain back down on Yarobeleedt as javalin sized bolts of white energy dissapating quickly after their heavy, brillant landings.

    "At least he smells nice~ That's a good thing right? And he cleaned the docks! For free~" Chime quips in an amused tone.

GS: Chime Isa has attacked Yarobeleedt with Arrows of Light!
GS: Chime Isa has gained 1 Combo!
GS: Chime Isa has completed her action.
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Jacqueline Barber's Persisting Potion for 145 hit points!
GS: Yarobeleedt suffers Infect, extending negative statuses by 1 turn each!
GS: Yarobeleedt has Fallen! It is no longer able to fight!
GS: Yarobeleedt takes a solid hit from Chime Isa's Arrows of Light for 202 hit points!
GS: Yarobeleedt has Fallen! It is no longer able to fight!
<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    Yarobeleedt is arguably not 'people' so much, so Jay may have found a new untapped market for alternative beverages... there is more time for capitalizing upon market research later, because what's about to happen is somehow simultaneously a mess but also a clean?
     The Lavender-Bellied Garbler wriggles, and wherever the snake-slug bottom undulates, all grime and gross disappear to a most wonderful scent. Guardian magic comes his way once more, courtesy of Catenna, and the Rabenderbeleedt is hefted up into the air like the invisible hand of the moon has decided it needs to wring out the dishrag.
     It does so. The soapy slithering foe twists and compresses, and this would be the most disgusting and stomach-churning sight ever were he to explosively decompress into quicksilver gore.
     ...Instead, the soapy solution is all expunged, distributed across the dock, the nearby boat deck, the mast, anywhere and everywhere Yarobeleedt touches. Then Jay throws another bottle into the whole mess, and there is a greater soapy lather as these odd chemicals mix. The dock starts to be overtaken by foam.
     "anti yes" Yarobeleedt mouths, his mouth now far too clean for another foul hex as gravitational forces liberally apply him to these surfaces for cleaning. This may not be so much an intentional flexing of the Guardian of the Moon's power any more than a fanciful coincidence, but he sure is being liberally scrubbed and applied everywhere.
     The dock and ship sparkle in the creature's wake. It's positively breathtaking, the way the light of the stars and moon that are soon to come will shine off of this pier, but they're not quite there yet.
     A dessicated, deflated, wrinkled blob-thing lies prone close to where Chime currently stands. He is no longer lavender, but... the usual hues. He struggles to hoist himself towards the ARMs Meister as he raises a weapon arm on high where he seems to deflate a bit more just to try and pump whatever available matter there is in him to give the solid weapon arm more form, more texture. More spikes, more blades, more anything and everything composed out of terrible ideas of what he wants to do to someone and not so much how he would effectively wield it.
     Light shines, crossbows point to the sky. He looks up.
     His jaw slowly unhinges and touches the clean deck.
     The ship rocks for a bit as there are brilliant light explosions that engulf and launch Yarobeleedt back off the ship, disappearing in the cleanest dust cloud that could ever be (strange as it is) as the three of them are left with a pier and someone else's boat so shiny nd clean that they could claim everything was just made today.
     Now to clean up the rest of the Metal Demons' act...

<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

What do you know, Catenna reflects. It's like wringing out a big sponge. A big metal garbly sponge.

The sight of a dessicated Yarobeleedt struggling to stand is almost pitiable, but Catenna hardens her heart and snaps both fans open in readiness, all too prepared to go back on the offensive if she must. The blob-critter isn't defeated yet, and even in this condition, he may still come at her.

Well, until Chime puts him out of the fight, anyway. Catenna blinks once, then again, before sighing and giving her fans a slow twirl before crossing them loosely at her waist. "If nothing else, at least he did not stink up the harbour. Or smash that boat, for that matter," she murmurs.

Pausing, Catenna looks out over the dock - and the glittering, soapy mess of lavender sheen left behind. She bites her bottom lip firmly.

Then she shakes her head and waves her fans and hands fastidiously. "Mmmnt-mmn," she chides herself, aghast at the mere thought of trying to bottle some of this. As much as Catenna likes lavender, it's not the same when it's Eau de Garble.

<Pose Tracker> Jacqueline Barber has posed.

Catenna grabs Yarobeleedt and compresses. Immobile like this, Jacqueline's bottle hits home, spilling the chemicals all over him. The chemicals are all squished out, and then...Chime brings down light, which sends him flying off the ship.

Jacqueline stares, blinks, then looks back at Catenna.

"...I kind of feel bad, but I guess it had to be done..." Jacqueline admits with a shrug. "Someone might've gotten hurt..."

She looks around again.

"At least we...left it cleaner than it was when it got here...?" It was definitely a different manner than the way these encounters usually ended up.

She remembers what happened to the Wynnes' store.

<Pose Tracker> Catenna has posed.

Sighing heavily, Catenna snaps her fans closed and hangs them at her hips once more. She pushes her hair back with raking fingers, looking over to Jay as she does so.

Her expression falls a little. "...That one is a pitiable creature," she concedes, her tone a little more subdued. "And questionably competent. And while it sometimes does feel like I am kicking a puppy, I have to remind myself that he is a well-armed and dangerous puppy who willfully follows Mother. It helps." She grimaces. "A little."

<Pose Tracker> Chime Isa has posed.

    Chime casually holsters her crossbows, shrugging slightly. "Well~ That was a thing. I'm not really what kind of thing." she says cheerfully. "Through I feel we should get extra pay for also getting the ship and pier cleaned~" she adds with a giggle as she grabs the rail of the ship and jumps over and down onto the pier.

<Pose Tracker> Yarobeleedt has posed.

    NOT FAR FROM HERE
 
     Yarobeleedt breathes in and breathes out with pained whimpers. The Photosphere's not beaming him back, for whatever reason. He must go back. Somehow! Some way! Some day! Like yesterday. Yesterday would be good. Three days prior, ideally, but could accept two days prior.
     "Yip." Goes a tiny little puppy. A small child, unaccompnied otherwise - a death sentence for a moment of weakness, out here in Filgaia - calls out a name that's not heard as Yarobeleedt's head rises up from his pathetic pile of his own person.
     "...^Tiny Warrior Caste^ is..." He whimpers.
     The tiny puppy yips and yaps because of course it's going to, and Yarobeleedt flinches with an energy and alacrity he doesn't really have. He is that frightened by the implications...
     "They have ^Meat Beasts^!!" He screeches and runs away, as the small child catches up and cradles their little yappy dog.
     They have no idea what that was all about, as they happily return back to a much, much less dangerous place with their best friend in tow.