|Full Name:||Lan Lilac|
|Age (Birthdate):||23 (February 27)|
|Class:||Gebler Asset 'Spicule'|
|Theme:||Wild Arms (OC)|
|Favorite Food:||Anything Alcoholic, Fried Vegetables, Stew|
A cheerful Baskar maiden, Lan wants more than anything to be of assistance to the people around her. She believes that even mountains may be moved with sincerity and the application of a kind word. Though she seems naive and somewhat flighty, Lan is more than willing to back up her noble sentiments with action - as a shaman, or just as a person. She's awfully confident for someone that doesn't carry a single weapon!
Raised as a daughter of a small Baskar tribe, Lan grew up surrounded by aunts and uncles and cousins, some of whom were actually related to her by blood, most of whom were not. It's considered an important custom in her particular village to go out on a journey when one comes of age, traveling among the people of Filgaia in order to learn and bring back a new skill or discipline to benefit the tribe. Lan certainly left on her pilgrimage at the right time (the night of her seventeenth birthday) but she certainly got something kinda backwards... she took her village's enshrined medium, and went out to benefit the rest of Filgaia.
Hang on, let's back up a little.
Having grown up among tales of the world outside of Little Firelight, stories of the hardships endured by outsiders stirred her sympathy and pity for the poor people who had to live in war zones, in the Badlands, people who starved because their lands grew barren over the years as Filgaia continued to die. There's just too much much suffering out there to do anything about it, her elders said. All you can do is try to alleviate pain when you find it, and to heal those who come to you, but above all you need a strong home and family to support you, for without a place to return to you have nothing.
Little Firelight had a single medium enshrined from the days before her oldest grandmother was a child, a plate that belonged to a Guardian that even the village's shamans knew little about. It was called Rigdobrite, the Star Guardian.
On the night before she was to leave her village, Lan retired from her farewell party to rest up, and for the first time in her life she had a dream that felt important. An enormous glittering star fell from the sky, disappearing over the horizon and calling out for her to follow it. When she woke up in the early pre-dawn, she knew what she had to do. It was a single desire, a clear answer to her problems with the village's gentle 'us first, them second' policy.
So she stole the village's single medium and ran away. She had to, right?? It was a sign from the Guardians! And she was pretty sure the elders wouldn't agree, so it was just easier to take it and go. They probably didn't even notice it was gone for a whole week!!
...She's probably in biiiiiig trouble if she ever goes home again.
Powers and Abilities
- Hand-to-Hand - Lan specializes in unarmed combat, using her natural agility to move around the battlefield and avoid incoming attacks. In a real fight her priority is to strike hard and end things quickly.
- Guardian Magic - Her patron is Rigobrite, the Star Guardian. Accordingly, Lan can summon his power (and to some extent that of the ambient spiritual energy around her) in battle.
- Spiritual Attunement - As a shaman, Lan's job is to communicate with spirits and help out during spiritual crises. She has a natural affinity with wind spirits and can sometimes ask the friendlier ones simple questions. Example: 'Is there water nearby?'
- First Aid - While she's still an amateur compared to those who have made it their profession, Lan can perform most of the basic duties of a medic.
- Black Ribbon - A mysterious force left behind by the subsumation of the Drifter named Ashansi. While using it can make her stronger, relying on it too often or for too long will begin to degrade her sanity.
|Citan Uzuki||"Thanks, Doc!"|
|Gwen Whitlock||"The world could really use more people like you, y'know."|
|Leah Sadalbari||"I understand why. But..."|
|Loren Voss||"Have I ever been anything but your friend?"|
|Lydia Seren||"Did they use you like they used me? I can't access any of the files, and I don't want to ask anybody..."|
This section is always under construction.
- Castle In The Mist -- ICO OST
- House On The Moon -- Akino Arai
- Kiss Twice -- Koudelka OST
- Ouroboros Festival -- Final Fantasy 13: Lightning Returns OST
- Tragic Decision -- Xenoblade Chronicles OST
|Halcyon Days||The Garden of Everything|
|For Friendship, Perhaps||God Knows|
Logs and Cutscenes
Chapter 1 Logs
- 2017-08-04: Seek, And Ye Shall Find
- 2017-08-24: The Gods Must Be Disappointed
- 2017-08-29: A Friendly Face
- 2017-09-02: Nightmare World
- 2017-09-03: Trade One Corpse for Another
- 2017-10-01: Like Pounding Sand
- 2017-10-20: Misidentification
- 2018-03-24: Lie of Omission
- 2018-03-30: Making the Most of It
- 2018-04-05: Strange Girl
- 2018-05-06: Behaved That Irrationally
- 2018-05-21: A Nice Game of Chess
- 2018-07-13: Trying To Show Us Something
- 2018-07-27: Like A Crucible Of Light
- 2018-07-28: A Small Miracle
- 2018-07-31: Surface of the Water
- 2018-08-22: An Awkward Sort Of Silence
- 2018-09-23: A Weird Friendship
- 2018-10-09: Go Fish
- 2018-10-12: Forest Of Blades
- 2018-10-19: No Extreme Routine
- 2018-11-08: Into The Place Of Fear
- 2018-11-11: The Lungs of the World
- 2018-11-21: A Village Seized By Life
- 2018-12-13: There and Gone
- 2018-12-14: As Below So Above
- 2018-12-15: World Eater
- 2018-12-17: The Powers That Be
- 2018-12-19: Nothing Above But The Blue Sky
- 2019-01-01: Welcome Home
- 2019-01-12: Caged Bird
- 2019-01-18: Return To Xibalba
- 2019-02-02: Snacks and Romance Novels
- 2019-02-06: Equivalent Exchange
- 2019-02-08: To Little Firelight Once Again
- 2019-02-28: Stars No Moon
- 2019-03-06: Horizon Signal
- 2019-03-28: The Meaning of Love
Chapter 1 Cutscenes
Chapter 2 Logs
- 2019-04-04: Rude Awakening
- 2019-05-16: Skipping Stones
- 2019-06-01: Spira Is Kind Of Weird
- 2019-08-30: A Return
- 2019-09-19: Ahead On Our Way
- 2019-11-01: The Word For Housewarming
- 2019-12-29: Asset
- 2020-01-02: Leisure Time is Leisure Time
- 2020-02-15: In A Green Space
- 2020-03-14: Cardboard People
- 2020-07-01: Welcome Back
- 2020-07-10: Sour Times
- 2020-07-25: Merry-a Boule
- 2020-07-28: Fraying Threads
- 2020-08-11: Memories of Snow
- 2020-08-12: Digging Deeper
- 2020-08-17: The Night the Stars Went Out
- 2020-08-18: After the Stars Went Out
- 2020-08-20: The So-Called Secrets that Lie Here Sleeping
- 2020-08-28: Civil Discourse
- 2020-09-02: Tension
- 2020-09-15: Breakaway
- 2020-09-16: Temperance
- 2020-09-19: The World Can Be Put to Rights