||20 (Fading Black 64, 4048 GY (equivalent of late November))
||Caravan Kinship, Tomamond
Formerly an assassin who claimed to love his job, Ivan ultimately ended up fooling no one but himself. And... even that could only go on for so long. Now, he's an ex-Althena's Guardsman wanted for the attempted murder of his former employer, Lubov Yemelin. Whether he's in hiding is an open question, as he continues to seek eclectic work where he can, claiming "treasure hunter" as his general profession. For now, he's trying on different lives and personas, trying to figure out who he is after shedding the mantle of an obedient killer. With a tough-guy veneer belied by frequent stunning displays of naivete or sensitivity, Ivan may come off as a bit of an oddball to those he meets, but he is a capable fighter, who uses a combination of various summoned weapons and fire magic. Full Image
Ivan after turning on Lubov and leaving the Guard.
Ivan and his twin sister Talia were raised into the role of assassins who murdered the political enemies of their father, Lubov Yemelin. Ivan was assigned by Lubov to work with Althena's Guard for a time, where he generally started to fail as an assassin due to the influences of his sister, who had escaped that life, and others who were close to her and wanted to help him find a better life. His father finally returned and pressed the issue, ordering him to kill Talia for betraying him. Instead of obeying, Ivan turned on him and tried to kill him, aided by Talia and friends.
Powers and Abilities
Ivan has a magical weapon called Memory that he received from his father's artifact stores, a ring that was allegedly forged by one of the Four Heroes long ago. It has a red stone that can "memorize" up to seven weapons--copies of actual weapons it has touched, which he can use in battle.
Ivan was taught by the same teacher as Talia, Sasha Zhirov, and has a similar fighting style, with a form and moves reminiscent of her style, which pairs a dagger for rapid parrying strikes with a short sword. His version of the style favors his own unique weapon, and as such, it is highly adaptive and focuses on quick surprise changes in stances and reach. Because he needs to change quickly to two-handed weapons at times, instead of a dagger-and-short-sword, he uses a bladed bracer on his off hand. Because of Memory, Ivan has dabbled in more weapon types than Talia, under Sasha's supervision. He has a basic competency in most common weapon types, but lacks the strength to use heavier, oversized weapons extensively in a fight,. He will still use them for shock value and surprise to get a few heavy blows in before putting them away again. One subject of particular independent weapon practice and interest was throwing weapon accuracy.
As a resident of Lunar, Ivan has the Blessing of Althena and uses fire and smoke-based magic. His style is primarily offensive and destructive, but also includes some spells focused more around distraction, spectacle, and escape.
Logs and Cutscenes
Chapter 1, Act 1
Chapter 1, Act 2
Chapter 1, Act 3
Chapter 1, Act 4
Chapter 1, Epilogue
Chapter 2, Act 1
- 2019-03-20: A Dragonmaster Cannot Live on Fish Alone
- 2019-03-23: What's Up, Spira? We Brought You a New Religion
- 2019-03-24: Making Talia Cry
- 2019-03-27: I Want You to Hit Me as Hard as You Can
- 2019-03-27: Questions and Chocobos
- 2019-03-30: Friendship Denied!
- 2019-04-06: Queen Anastasia Sends Her Regards
- 2019-04-07: Friendly Fire (and Flowers)
- 2019-04-08: Trust Just Wasn't in the Cards
- 2019-04-14: So Much Can Happen in 6 Months
- 2019-04-15: The Faithful and the Two-Faced
- 2019-04-20: You Don't Have to Be Nice to Assassins!
- 2019-04-21: I Survived the Water Dungeon and All I Got was this Lousy Scripture
- 2019-04-22: Living on the Edge
- 2019-04-23: Produce Delivery!
- 2019-04-24: You Don't Need to Protect Assassins from Fiends!
- 2019-04-28: That's How You Impress the Boss?!
- 2019-04-30: Do You Wanna Ride a Shoopuf?
- 2019-05-01: Those Who Fight Further
- 2019-05-03: Otherworld (Side A)
- 2019-05-04: A Gloomy Reunion
- 2019-05-08: You Don't Have to Be a Weapon
- 2019-05-10: A Day without a Murder or a Sale
- 2019-05-13: Survivors, Scavengers, and Saviors
- 2019-05-15: It's Like A Massage...
- 2019-05-22: Some Friendly Advice
- 2019-05-24: Cake Denied!
- 2019-05-25: Cake... Accepted?
- 2019-05-26: Some Killers Are So Hard to Reason With
- 2019-05-27: Life Lessons from Professor Ragnell
- 2019-05-28: A Reasonable Sort of Justice
- 2019-05-29: A 90 Percent Legitimate Blood Drive
- 2019-05-31: The Most Doomed of Treasure Hunts
- 2019-06-02: Mission: Friendship
- 2019-06-03: The House Always Wins
- 2019-06-04: Sorry About All of the Stabbing
- 2019-06-06: This Ship is Sponsored by Kaguya Alathfar
- 2019-06-08: We Got This!! ...We Don't Got This!
- 2019-06-10: The Sixth Sense
- 2019-06-14: Never Don't Have Cake
- 2019-06-15: The Unquiet Dead
- 2019-06-17: Kaguya Reveals She's Vegan, Among Other Things
- 2019-06-18: All Decisions are Dangerous
- 2019-06-20: Crocodile Tears
- 2019-06-20: Secret Weapons
- 2019-06-22: Trisection
- 2019-06-22: Who Needs Destiny?
- 2019-06-23: You Had One Job!
- 2019-06-26: Sometimes a Knife is for Guarding
- 2019-06-28: And then Lydia Happened
- 2019-06-30: Troubled Times
- 2019-07-01: What Layer Were We On?
- 2019-07-05: A Treasure Hunt for Three
- 2019-07-06: A Trail of Trials
- 2019-07-07: So I'll Chase
- 2019-07-09: At Least They'll Have Company
- 2019-07-11: Puddle Girl is Real!
- 2019-07-12: Bandits On The Highroad, Machines In The Deep
- 2019-07-13: Robbing Robbers is Only Fair
- 2019-07-13: Sulkiness Transfer Complete
- 2019-07-13: Were You Ever a Baby?
- 2019-07-14: Could You Hold Onto This?
- 2019-07-14: Your Fate is Sealed
- 2019-07-16: A Soccer Lesson and a Sneaky Star
- 2019-07-18: Friend and Food...and Fleeing
- 2019-07-18: Sneaky Friends
- 2019-07-20: Decoding the Issue
- 2019-07-21: Walk a While in 'Maybe'
- 2019-07-22: Catching Up Over Cookies
- 2019-07-23: A Place to Hide
- 2019-07-24: Sinking Lessons
- 2019-07-28: The Clothing Crisis
- 2019-08-01: Does this Count as a Jam?
- 2019-08-03: Battle at the Outpost
- 2019-08-04: Stabbing, Jealousy, and Other Disasters
- 2019-08-05: An Ocean of Awkwardness
- 2019-08-06: The Dumbest Thing Kaguya Has Ever Heard
- 2019-08-07: A Message for Leo
- 2019-08-09: A Musical Interlude
- 2019-08-11: Sending Mixed Shoopuf Signals
- 2019-08-12: Ragnell the Life Coach
- 2019-08-14: Beginning a New Chapter
- 2019-08-14: Make Haste, Slowly
- 2019-08-15: Grant Us Peace
- 2019-08-16: The Worst Part is the Waiting
- 2019-08-17: The Dreadnought
- 2019-08-17: The Problem Is, We Haven't Met
- 2019-08-18: Fishies Past, Present, and Yet to Come
- 2019-08-19: Are We Talking Hit List or Blast Radius?
- 2019-08-24: They're... Gonna Rampage
- 2019-08-24: Time's Up
- 2019-08-25: There Has to Be Another Way
- 2019-08-27: Coping with Make Believe
- 2019-08-28: Emergency Personal Growth Timeline Adjustment
- 2019-08-30: The Land Bleeds
- 2019-08-31: Divergent Paths
- 2019-09-02: Breaking Free
- 2019-09-02: Thank You, Sorry, and I Told You So!
- 2019-09-07:The Land Breathes
- 2019-09-14: Paradigm Shift
- 2019-09-19: Ahead On Our Way
- 2019-09-28: Guilt Allayed
- 2019-10-01: Meet the Parents
- 2019-10-05: Stand By Me
- 2019-10-09: Hope is Not Lost
Chapter 2, Act 2
Chapter 2, Act 3
Ivan during his assassin days.
Friends and Acquaintances
||"I guess we really can be free, at least for a while."
||"We do seem to have some things in common..."
||"I wonder if you really want to be doing the things you're doing."
||Some Vampire I Met
||"Scary or whimsical -- PICK A SIDE."
||Former Boss Turned Frenemy
||"I'll help you if I can... and then we can fight!!"
||Former Target Turned Boss
||"Supernatural powers of forgiveness. Not to be taken lightly."
||Former Target Turned Dance Teacher
||"How did this happen?? What do you mean it was my idea."
||"Your life seems pretty complicated!"
||"STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO. But seriously, what should I do?"
||"I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING"
||Judgy Guy FROM SOLARIS
||"HOW DARE YOU EXIST AND BREATHE AND SO FORTH."
||Earnest Girl Who is Probably Doing Her Best FROM SOLARIS
||"YOUR ONE DAY IS UP."
||(Dead) (Former) Boss
||"Still AAAAAA tho"
||"You'll regret calling me useless."
Hibi is drawing scenes from various Ivan logs!